Rescue Remedy

Old April 4th 04, 10:28 PM
cati

Default Rescue Remedy

In the hope that Rescue Remedy would help with Grizzys howling and the
constant interruption of my sleep, i have been putting it in their water
bowl daily.

The end result - the water bowl is being drunk completely every 36 hours or
so. Grizzy is staying quiet all night although it has to be on mummys bed
right beside me. The more amazing result is on Mistoffelees who has become a
very purry cat who wants pats and chin scratched regularly throughout the
day. He isnt as narky as he used to be and hasnt beaten Grizzy up for a
couple of days. I cant believe the difference in him. He is even coming to
see visitors when they arrrive.

thank you to whoever gave me the suggestion. it has saved my sanity

Cati

Old April 4th 04, 11:53 PM
Victor Martinez

cati wrote:
thank you to whoever gave me the suggestion. it has saved my sanity

I've been putting it on their water fountain whenever I remember. They
do seem to be a bit more relaxed and there seems to be less chasing of
Luna by Basho and Issa. I'll keep at it, thanks for the report!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 4th 04, 11:54 PM
Victor Martinez

cati wrote:
constant interruption of my sleep, i have been putting it in their water
bowl daily.

By the way, how much do you use? How big the bowl?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 5th 04, 12:20 AM
JoJo

What is rescue remedy? Never heard of it, curious what it's for. Would it
make Mama Zoo a nice kitty once again? Would Licorice become less afraid?
Details please! I'm assuming it's safe, but what is it?

Thanks!

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Old April 5th 04, 12:33 AM
Victor Martinez

JoJo wrote:
What is rescue remedy? Never heard of it, curious what it's for. Would it
make Mama Zoo a nice kitty once again? Would Licorice become less afraid?
Details please! I'm assuming it's safe, but what is it?

It's an herbal remedy (http://www.bachflower.com/rescue_remedy.htm) that
has a calming effect. You can buy it at health stores (Whole Foods sells
it) or online
(http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Produc...our ce=incept).

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 5th 04, 03:09 AM
Dan M

thank you to whoever gave me the suggestion. it has saved my sanity

Cati

I'm glad to hear that it worke! It really is wonderful stuff, isn't it?

Dan

Old April 5th 04, 03:12 AM
Dan M

What is rescue remedy? Never heard of it, curious what it's for. Would it
make Mama Zoo a nice kitty once again? Would Licorice become less afraid?
Details please! I'm assuming it's safe, but what is it?

It's a Back flower remedy. Basically, extract of a bunch of different
flowers disolved in alcohol. You add a few drops to the water bowl every
day, and it can work wonders to level out feline temperment. I used it
with my 4 kitties when they started getting nasty with each other, and
within a few days of putting Rescue Remedy in the water they were
fighting much less. I let the bottle run out, and within a couple days
of stopping the drops they were getting grumpy with each other again.

You can often find it at larger pet stores like PetSmart, and can
usually get better pricing from online vendors.

Dan

Old April 5th 04, 04:21 AM
LOL

"cati" wrote in message .. .
In the hope that Rescue Remedy would help with Grizzys howling and the
constant interruption of my sleep, i have been putting it in their water
bowl daily.

The end result - the water bowl is being drunk completely every 36 hours or
so. Grizzy is staying quiet all night although it has to be on mummys bed
right beside me. The more amazing result is on Mistoffelees who has become a
very purry cat who wants pats and chin scratched regularly throughout the
day. He isnt as narky as he used to be and hasnt beaten Grizzy up for a
couple of days. I cant believe the difference in him. He is even coming to
see visitors when they arrrive.

thank you to whoever gave me the suggestion. it has saved my sanity

Cati

I am glad to hear it. I don't remember who suggested it either, but I
think we are going to give it a try at the office, to see if it will
make Oz more mellow about Tiger's incursions into the inside
territory.

------
Krista
Old April 5th 04, 05:18 AM
Marina

"cati" wrote
In the hope that Rescue Remedy would help with Grizzys howling and the
constant interruption of my sleep, i have been putting it in their water
bowl daily.

The end result - the water bowl is being drunk completely every 36 hours

or
so. Grizzy is staying quiet all night although it has to be on mummys bed
right beside me. The more amazing result is on Mistoffelees who has become

very purry cat who wants pats and chin scratched regularly throughout the
day. He isnt as narky as he used to be and hasnt beaten Grizzy up for a
couple of days. I cant believe the difference in him. He is even coming to
see visitors when they arrrive.

thank you to whoever gave me the suggestion. it has saved my sanity

So glad to hear that it's had such a good effect. I've had good experiences
with it, too. Frank has stopped yowling at night, and Nikki is friendlier
than before.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki