Shirk Sighting - British Columbia

Old June 27th 04, 05:00 AM
KLC

Default Shirk Sighting - British Columbia

After days of hot hot weather here in the Okanagan, it rained today in
honour of the Shirk's visit to Canada.

Loen (DH) & I drove down and met up with the Shirk family in Penticton
for a pleasant afternoon visit. There was an Elvis festival in Penticton
at the same time, and I think it was co-incidence (or was that P.C.
wearing sideburns I caught singing over there??? Nah.... )

We introduced them to that great Canadian tradition: Tim Horton's and
TimBits. We exchanged souvenirs. And we saw all sorts of photos of other
RPCA-ers encountered on their voyage.

Pam took quite a few photos and I'm sure she'll post them once she's
back in arm's reach of a scanner. We ALL wore our Cattitude shirts.
Alas, no time for camping in the Canadian rain (honest - it was hot &
sunny until yesterday!) so we cut short our yakking and they headed back
south again.

Until next time,

KLC

Old June 27th 04, 06:01 PM
Takayuki

KLC wrote:

After days of hot hot weather here in the Okanagan, it rained today in
honour of the Shirk's visit to Canada.

Loen (DH) & I drove down and met up with the Shirk family in Penticton
for a pleasant afternoon visit. There was an Elvis festival in Penticton
at the same time, and I think it was co-incidence (or was that P.C.
wearing sideburns I caught singing over there??? Nah.... )

We introduced them to that great Canadian tradition: Tim Horton's and
TimBits. We exchanged souvenirs. And we saw all sorts of photos of other
RPCA-ers encountered on their voyage.

That's great! The Shirk tour has just gone international!

Old June 28th 04, 12:55 AM
Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Takayuki wrote in message . ..

That's great! The Shirk tour has just gone international!

You're darn tootin we went international. Now we want to organize a
nation wide gathering for next July. We've been gathering imput from
Christine, David Y, Krista, and Sam Nash (sorry Sherry and Steve, we
didn't think of the idea until after meeting you two) and the more we
think about it, the more we like the idea.

I suggested Kansas City, Missouri, but Rob suggested Toad Suck,
Arkansas; and Krista and I have agreed that (if possible) Toad Suck
would be the perfect place.

We're talking about a story teller's corner, grafitti wall, booths for
interested sellers (I already got a hot prospect if I can get him to
make necklaces, bone art, and jerky and bring it down), a raffle for
the TED fund, Troll-Be-Ques, and more activities. We've tentatively
agreed that the second week of July would be the best time as most of
us will be able to get out of work, school, and more at that time.

Now for the burning question. How many of you would be interested?
We've talked about getting a group site at a campground or advance
reserving spaces at a campground. For those of you who are stapped
for funds, I'm sure some of us would be willing to kick in a few bucks
to a travel fund. Even if only 10 of us are interested in getting
together (complete with our long suffering families) that would be
something.

So Ideas, suggestions, input would be appreciated. Basically would
you be seriously interested in going to a gathering of the RPCA clan?

Pam S. who's really getting into this idea

Old June 28th 04, 01:50 AM
Yowie

"Cap'n Pine Cone esq." wrote in message
om...
Takayuki wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Not this year, and probably not the next few either, but we are going to
come and say G'day sooner or later (thats a threat, not a promise!)

As to heat... don't worry me none, I'm an Aussie, especially if its *dry*
heat. Its the mozzies I hate.

Yowie