Winter is coming

Old September 3rd 03, 06:27 AM
Angela Ryan

Default Winter is coming

"Marina" wrote in message
It was a cold night last night. When I opened the balcony door in the
morning for the cats to go out (after they had been fed, of course), they
took one sniff at the icy air and raced back to bed. Frank burrowed under
the covers.

But Nikki was unsettled. She followed me around meowing her plaintive yet
demanding miaaaah! I showed her her food, "look, yummy food, are you
hungry?" No, she followed me again. Miaaah! I showed her Frank sleeping
cosily on the bed, "look, there's your best friend, go and have a nap with
him?" No, she followed me again. Miaaah! I sat down at the computer to

read
the ng, and she wound around the chair. Miaah!

Finally I picked her up. Nikki doesn't like to be in your lap, she will

stay
for a few scritches, then leave. But now she settled down in my arms and
leaned into the scritches. She stayed for a good 15 minutes, leaning this
way and that to get the good scritches. Hair was flying all around us.

So all she wanted was a cuddle. I think it was the cold that scared her.

Now
I hear Frank squeaking from the bed. Better go cuddle him, too.

--
Marina

That is sweet.

It is the opposite here, summer is on its way and Gizmo is slowly weaning
herself from the heater.....it was so warm (for this time of the year) the
other night that she was sleeping with her whole body pressed against the
smallest of gaps at the front door!!!

Mind you, come summer, the neighbour feels sorry for her and lets her into
the air conditioning (something DF and I don't get the pleasure of enjoying,
just little princess cat)

Angela and Gizmo

Old September 3rd 03, 07:17 AM
bewtifulfreak

Marina wrote:
Finally I picked her up. Nikki doesn't like to be in your lap, she
will stay for a few scritches, then leave. But now she settled down
in my arms and leaned into the scritches. She stayed for a good 15
minutes, leaning this way and that to get the good scritches. Hair
was flying all around us.

So all she wanted was a cuddle. I think it was the cold that scared
her. Now I hear Frank squeaking from the bed. Better go cuddle him,
too.

Awww, that's so sweet! I know how enjoyable those sessions are, especially
when they're that rare.

That sounds a bit like my Crowley, as well....he often meows and meows and
meows at me, really trying to get a message through, and at first, I didn't
have the foggiest idea what he wanted. I learned pretty quickly thought
that, when Crowley goes on and on with no obvious agenda, he usually just
wants some attention, and that shuts him right up (not that I don't enjoy
his talking, mind you)....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 3rd 03, 10:14 AM
polonca12000

What a great story! I enjoyed reading it.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" wrote in message
It was a cold night last night. snip

Old September 3rd 03, 11:55 AM
lewe

"Marina" wrote in message
It was a cold night last night. When I opened the balcony door in the
morning for the cats to go out (after they had been fed, of course), they
took one sniff at the icy air and raced back to bed. Frank burrowed under
the covers.

But Nikki was unsettled.

So all she wanted was a cuddle. I think it was the cold that scared her.

Now
I hear Frank squeaking from the bed. Better go cuddle him, too.

Purrs for a little more summer on Frank & Nikki's balcony!
and didn't you forget to post a link?
- not at all like you to post and not give us a photo to go with the story!!
;oP
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old September 3rd 03, 04:14 PM
lrulan

Winter is coming here too. We had a bad one last year. I had to have
groceries delivered 2 times because I was scared to drive out in the
snow/ice to go to the supermarket. Although it's fun to be locked in for a
day or 2 due to bad weather, it gets old real fast. Thank goodness we don't
have a d*g that has to be walked outside. Jazz and I do real great in our
warm house all cuddled up.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old September 3rd 03, 07:54 PM
Tanada

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

Marina wrote:
It was a cold night last night. When I opened the balcony door in the

Lucky you... We still have a couple of months to go before our first
"cold" night. It's going to be hot and humid today, just like it was
yesterday and like it will be tomorrow. Central Texas doesn't really have
4 seasons, we have 2: Summer and Almost Summer.

Lucky you, a lot of snowbirds pay big bucks to move down to where you
are. We're almost in the same boat, except we have a month or so of
(generally) near winter. Sometimes it creeps into **GASP** Winter, and
the cats blame me for the world coming to an end in little white splots.

Pam S.
Old September 4th 03, 05:30 AM
bewtifulfreak

Tanada wrote:
"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

Marina wrote:
It was a cold night last night. When I opened the balcony door in
the

Lucky you... We still have a couple of months to go before our
first "cold" night. It's going to be hot and humid today, just like
it was yesterday and like it will be tomorrow. Central Texas doesn't
really have 4 seasons, we have 2: Summer and Almost Summer.

I always said something similar about Southern California, but our two
seasons were Summer and Drizzle (with Summer being the much longer one, of
course)....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 4th 03, 06:43 AM
Hopitus2

What a coincidence! We, too, have only two seasons: "hot" and "hotter"!
Can't you blow a little cool air down to south Florida all the way from
nippy Finland? It would be so refreshing and make these old cats frisky as
kittens again. I know this is true because that's how they get on the rare
cold day in winter here (maybe 3 or 4 altogether).

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
: Tanada wrote:
: "Victor M. Martinez" wrote:
:
: Marina wrote:
: It was a cold night last night. When I opened the balcony door in
: the
:
: Lucky you... We still have a couple of months to go before our
: first "cold" night. It's going to be hot and humid today, just like
: it was yesterday and like it will be tomorrow. Central Texas doesn't
: really have 4 seasons, we have 2: Summer and Almost Summer.
:
: I always said something similar about Southern California, but our two
: seasons were Summer and Drizzle (with Summer being the much longer one, of
: course)....
:
: Ann
: