Ot le tit snow let it snow at least frost

Old January 4th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ot le tit snow let it snow at least frost

Finally a cold front is coming into Florida low 30 with a WC putting it
down into the 20's YES a break from 80 degrees weather

Old January 6th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
Finally a cold front is coming into Florida low 30 with a WC putting it
down into the 20's YES a break from 80 degrees weather

You're gonna get your wish bigtime like Saturday night,
NMR. But I want to straighten you out on one thing:
unlike apple growers (friend of mine whose family owns
orchard in Wenatchee, WA informed me years ago that
"apples have to freeze to taste good" [whadda I know; I
never been to her state, but that's what she told me] the
orange groves in central FL do NOT welcome freezing
weather for their crop - why do you think they stay up all
night watering the trees and burning smudge pots, or have you ever been
there? Prolonged cold is kiss of death to
orange crops. As for apples, I never saw any in FL and
believe it's probably too hot for them there to grow. But
interesting about freezing making taste good.
Enjoy your cold snap....we sent it to ya from out west.

Old January 6th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"dnr" wrote in message
. ..

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The only thing I really remember about cold and apples is that if you get a
hard freeze after they bloom, you can lose the crop for the year.

We live in the central valley in California and they grow apples here. The
bigger orchards are in the foothills where they get colder winters, but they
also grow here in the valley where it get hotter than Florida in the summer.

Jo

Old January 6th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"dnr" wrote in message
. ..

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I've been in the Central Valley (the Veggie Bin) and still
remember the thrill of eating apricots we picked off their
owner's tree (invited to, of course). I didn't know what
'cots grew on till that day. I also know how it gets hot
there as I have a nephew living in a little town north of
Fresno, but had no idea apples grew in Central Valley.
Maybe what my friend said depended on what kind of
apples you're growing, which I don't remember what
kind her family's orchards were. I also loved the Nut
growers up around Winters (just outside Napa Valley,
east) and where we lived (Bay Area) walnuts were just
falling off the trees everywhere, even in town.

Old January 6th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote
Finally a cold front is coming into Florida low 30 with a WC putting it
down into the 20's YES a break from 80 degrees weather

How sad to suffer from 80 degrees ...

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old January 6th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

That is our winter I would like to see some relief and get cold specially
when our springs summers and fall are 100 + for up to 20 hours a day

Old January 6th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-06, NMR penned:
That is our winter I would like to see some relief and get cold
specially when our springs summers and fall are 100 + for up to 20
hours a day

If you don't like the winters and you don't like the summers ...
sounds like maybe you should move =)

Seriously, the US is a big place with a climate for just about
everyone. My parents moved to coastal NC. They love the summers, and
it gets cool enough in the winters that you know it's winter.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old January 7th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-06, NMR penned:
That is our winter I would like to see some relief and get cold
specially when our springs summers and fall are 100 + for up to 20
hours a day

If you don't like the winters and you don't like the summers ...
sounds like maybe you should move =)

Seriously, the US is a big place with a climate for just about
everyone. My parents moved to coastal NC. They love the summers, and
it gets cool enough in the winters that you know it's winter.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Monique,

I wish I could move to much friends, family and the shelters that relies on
me and too much responsibility to everything else to move yet. Just buying
my time till the family is all doing there own thing, to work can be ran
totally without me I also want to make sure the shelters have what they need
permanently. I would never leave them till I knew this for fact.

Can't wait till I can move and spend the hot summer months somewhere else
than come back to the farm I grew up on in Kentucky

Matthew
just a good old Hill Billy that saw the city

Old January 7th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-06, NMR penned:

Monique,

I wish I could move to much friends, family and the shelters that
relies on me and too much responsibility to everything else to move
yet. Just buying my time till the family is all doing there own
thing, to work can be ran totally without me I also want to make
sure the shelters have what they need permanently. I would never
leave them till I knew this for fact.

Can't wait till I can move and spend the hot summer months
somewhere else than come back to the farm I grew up on in Kentucky

Matthew just a good old Hill Billy that saw the city

I can understand that.

Not that you asked for it, but I would warn you that people,
companies, shelters ... it will probably never seem like they can do
without you. I have worked my butt off before, lost sleep and lost
sanity, to keep an organization running (granted, the shelter is a
good thing to keep running; my stuff didn't have the element of doing
good) ... and the more I did, the more there was to do. Eventually I
had to escape, and it was a very good decision for me. I was also in
a horrible relationship that I didn't want to leave because I thought
the guy would never survive without me.

A long time ago, someone told me that in order to take care of others,
you have to take care of yourself. If you don't take care of
yourself, then when you lose it, those who depend on you will be
totally lost. So ... if you ever find that you really do hate living
in Florida, give yourself permission to move. You can help people
even if you don't live next to them.

Anyway, sorry, don't mean to sound like a know it all (I sure don't!).

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old January 7th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

if you ever find that you really do hate living in Florida, give
yourself permission to move. You can help people even if you don't
live next to them.

Besides, if helping people is what you need to do in life, there are
people (and animals) who need help no matter where you are!

Joyce