I've been trained ... again

Old July 15th 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default I've been trained ... again

Chloe has trained me to let her in through the east kitchen window. She
doesn't like the mud room (the outside cat flap opens there), and she
used to wait for me to open the back door to call Tigger (too fat to
manage the leap to the flap platform) in in the evening so she sould
shoot through into the kitchen. Recently though, Tigger has taken to
hanging around on the front patio instead of the workshop steps, so I'm
not so regular about opening the back door.

The east kitchen window has a shelf with the catnip planter outside it -
higher jump than the cat flap platform, but the cats Chloe is afraid of
seldom hang out on the inside shelf in the evening - they tend to be
outside or in the mud room. Lately, she has taken to jumping up onto the
planter and meowing to be let in. I can't hear her, of course (double
glass window), but I can see her when I'm at the table, as I am at fairly
predictable times during the evening. I really don't have much choice
but to open the window for her, do I?

She goes out through the flap, but she can tell who is in the mud room
before she has to commit herself.

--
Ted Davis )
Old July 15th 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Good job Chole, way to go. Miss Piglett likes this kind of training.
Human, give in once and you are in for it.

Old July 15th 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:57:06 -0500, Granby wrote:

Good job Chole, way to go. Miss Piglett likes this kind of training.
Human, give in once and you are in for it.

She is on the computer table. She looked at your message, turned and
walked away to investigate the cat basket on the end of the table.

Does that mean anything?

--
Ted Davis )

Old July 15th 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:57:06 -0500, Granby wrote:

Good job Chole, way to go. Miss Piglett likes this kind of training.
Human, give in once and you are in for it.

She is on the computer table. She looked at your message, turned and
walked away to investigate the cat basket on the end of the table.

Does that mean anything?

The cat basket is well filled?
Old July 15th 10, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On 15 Jul 2010 00:27:11 GMT, Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

She's a smart kitty to solve her bullying problem like that!
Old July 15th 10, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 03:40:03 +0200, Sjouke Burry wrote:

She is on the computer table. She looked at your message, turned and
walked away to investigate the cat basket on the end of the table.

Does that mean anything?

The cat basket is well filled?

Often over filled - seriously obese Tigger really likes it. I put it
there for the small females (I thought the basket would be too small to
attract large cats) to give the ones who come into the computer room a
place to hide from the large males they fear, but Tigger uses it more
than all the others combined, and he is so big that he sort of hangs out
over the side, even though it's quite deep. I didn't think he could jump
high enough to reach the table top, but he can.

--
Ted Davis )
Old July 15th 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:36:03 -0500, Stormmee wrote:

did you ever see the movie willard...

No. I looked it up though. I didn't see anything in the review that
bears on Chloe.

--
Ted Davis )
Old July 15th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:14:03 -0400, Kajikit wrote:

She's a smart kitty to solve her bullying problem like that!

There certainly are bullying problems with some of the larger cats,
especially Mudpie (alpha male), Snooch (newest member of the clowder),
and all three of the large red tabbies, especially Hilde and Curly. The
other female RT is hard to distinguish from her brother and sister, so
she may be perceived as a threat even if she isn't. Ozy, a small male,
is also sometimes a bully toward the smallest females (Chloe and
Snowball), except his sister Millie (the current matriarch).

--
Ted Davis )

Am I trained or what? Lesley[_3_] Cat anecdotes 9 May 19th 10 08:33 PM
Cat really has me trained yepp Cat anecdotes 2 December 9th 05 04:40 PM
Well trained Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 October 31st 05 09:18 PM
Trained at last TBird Cat anecdotes 2 July 2nd 04 08:14 PM