Pix of Rex, Mama and Loki cohabitating in peace!

Old March 20th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pix of Rex, Mama and Loki cohabitating in peace!

Joyce, thanks. Long story short to avoid everyone's boredom. Rexie is 3. Adopted
at 3.5 weeks from cousin who'd found him. Three yrs pass happily until he's
spoiled rotten. Typical male Siamese. Lookee, admiree, but no touchee.

In Sep 05 I found/adopted 'Mama' dehydrated, starving stray. Couple weeks later
realized she was pg. Got her spayed and vaccinated (minimally) since she'd be
coming in and out.

Two weeks later she brings a litter of five to my door for me to take care of.
They were about 5 wks. Got homes for the 4 girls - no one wanted the boy, he
ended up being Loki. REXIE NOT HAPPY.

So now they are three, two in, one in-out. But if you've seen the pix of
Brother, her kit from her first litter (Loki was litter #2, I spayed her on
Litter #3 - mind you, the vet figured Mama was 9 or 10 mos old when she was
spayed - an on litter #3??!! She was dumped, I'm sure, because nothing in the
house scares her - not even the vacuum.

Brother, now bigger than Mama and orange also, will at lease sleep w/Mama in the
little shelter we bought them. But won't let us near him. I even tried traps,
but he's way too wary. Don't know how that situation is going to pan out. Other
cats have realized our porch is safe. I'm not going to have a bunch of cats
hanging out, so am trying to figure a resolution.

As to the quilt, it is pretty, but no way did I make it. Bought it a couple of
years ago at a Linen Barn. Machine washable also.

PS: Rexie still not happy, but reluctantly accepting. I just try to spend a lot
of time with him.

ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

"Making A way out of no way is sometimes the only way"
Dr. Johnetta B. Cole

eloquently related the following on 3/19/2006 10:50 PM:
ShirleyB wrote:

I just uploaded these to my puter and thought they were pretty good!
http://tinyurl.com/kalt8

They're wonderful! What pretty kitties! In all different ways. Who is
who? (Sorry if you've already described them all, but I must have missed
it.) They all look so cute together.

Also, the quilt is lovely - did you make it?

Joyce

Old March 20th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks, but leave out 'cuddly'. Rats, none of them want to be cuddled, but Loki
and Mama love being scritched and petted.

ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

"Making A way out of no way is sometimes the only way"
Dr. Johnetta B. Cole

ShirleyB, #6 ASMS Lists
To Reply by email: remove 'nick'

Webmaster:
http://1tiny.com/16B (Shortcut to ASMS Lists)
http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

"Making A way out of no way is sometimes the only way"
Dr. Johnetta B. Cole

Helen Wheels eloquently related the following on 3/20/2006 12:28 AM:

ShirleyB wrote:
Mama likes to come in, but she gets antsy and doesn't like to stay. I
had posted a couple pix of her on the bed with Rex, but I just
uploaded these to my puter and thought they were pretty good! (Now if
I could find a wild animal trainer to trim her talons!)

http://tinyurl.com/kalt8

What a gorgeous, shiny, cuddly bunch they are.

Old March 20th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"ShirleyB" wrote in message
news

PS: Rexie still not happy, but reluctantly accepting. I just try to spend

a lot
of time with him.

Trust, me, Rexie isn't TOO unhappy if he lets them sleep that near. My Pearl
and Sugar still will not sleep with in 5 or more feet of each other.

Old March 21st 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a gorgeous furpile.
Suz&Spicey

Old March 21st 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ShirleyB wrote:

PS: Rexie still not happy, but reluctantly accepting. I just try to
spend a lot of time with him.

By the way, I love the photo where Rexie has just been awakened by all
the washing, the one where you say "Rexie not amused" or something like
that. Mama actually looks like she's got quite a snarl on her! Maybe
she's getting a little tired of Loki's ministrations? He's looking very
playful, maybe a bit too playful for her taste?

Joyce
Old March 21st 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I don't think it's a snarl, she squints a lot. But Loki is rough with her (and
she with him); One will grab the other around the neck and flip him/her. They
don't do it too often. I think Mama is just damn tired of being a mommy. It's
like, all right, already! I had you, I nursed you, I trained you, now it's
hoomin mommy's turn!

(Wouldn't we all feel tired after 3 litters in around a year?)

ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

"Making A way out of no way is sometimes the only way"
Dr. Johnetta B. Cole

eloquently related the following on 3/20/2006 4:22 PM:

Old March 21st 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ShirleyB wrote:

Mama likes to come in, but she gets antsy and doesn't like to stay. I
had posted a couple pix of her on the bed with Rex, but I just uploaded
these to my puter and thought they were pretty good! (Now if I could
find a wild animal trainer to trim her talons!)

http://tinyurl.com/kalt8

Great pics, thanks.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek