Purrs needed (OT)

Old March 10th 11, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Purrs needed (OT)

Lesley wrote:
On Mar 9, 10:45 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
However what you just told me is ridiculous. If you can do your job
competently no bully manager can get you out.

Competently?! I have 4 references from consultants that say I am much
better than competent! And I just got a supporting statement from the
colleague in the next office- she has one witness...who also works in
the next office (I can hear her now- resisting the urge to go and
smack her in the mouth is quite hard) the colleague who is writing my
supporting statement (and I think would come along as a witness) tells
me she has a big mouth and is flaky and probably horrified at the
consequences of her actions and she would either not come along or
give a bad impression if she did- in the meantime "Team Lesley" goes
from strength to strength although the chair of the panel shares an
office with the manager concerned who I daresay has spent the last 4
months slagging me off to him!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

That may go in your favour if the chair of the panel knows what she's like.

--
Adrian
Old March 10th 11, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 10, 2:08*pm, Adrian wrote:

That may go in your favour if the chair of the panel knows what she's like.

He's new but my friend Hilary says he's been around the hospital for
ages and he's a good friend of hers also she says he isn't stupid but
he's probably had 4 months or so of her telling him what a waste of
space I am! It's going to be a hard few weeks- the chief witness on
her side is sharing a joke in the next office with one of my
witnesses! (You couldn't make it up could you?)

Old March 10th 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message
Some of you may recall I was having serious troubles with a certain
boss over an allegation that could have led to disciplinary action
back in December/January. Nothing more has been said on the matter
until today when I am handed a letter telling me the hearing will go
ahead on the 29th of March. I've had 4 months of stress from this and
am horrifed to find out

Anyway looks like I'm getting the boot- so could do with some new job
purrs if anyone has any spare

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Job purrs on the way! (You need one where you don't have to put up with
that kind of garbage anyway.)

Jill

I'm so glad I'm retired! Fortunately, in my working days (at least
until I found the job I stayed with off-and-on for thirty-five years)
jobs were plentiful. Anytime I didn't like one (sometimes for the most
trivial of reasons) I simply quit and found another. I realize that in
today's economy most people feel fortunate to HAVE a job, so quitting
and immediately stepping into another doesn't often happen. Hopefully,
for Lesley, losing this one will prove a blessing, and she'll find one
she's happy with.
Old March 10th 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 3/9/2011 8:46 AM, Lesley wrote:
Some of you may recall I was having serious troubles with a certain
boss over an allegation that could have led to disciplinary action
back in December/January. Nothing more has been said on the matter
until today when I am handed a letter telling me the hearing will go
ahead on the 29th of March. I've had 4 months of stress from this and
am horrifed to find out

1. She should have told me by the 29th of December what was happening
or if she was unable to tell me why and when she would
2. She said nothing at all to me about the extension
3. She now provided evidence that she asked for an extension to the
19th of January without telling me but it looks like the main reason
she did it was to get a statement from someone else amended so it was
even less favourable to me than it had been in the first place
4. This is the first time I have seen her other bit of evidence
5. One of my colleagues whom I work closely with has agreed to be a
witness- I had a feeling it was her behind it but now it has been
confirmed I am expected to work with this woman
6. She's had 4 months to gather her evidence I only have until next
Tuesday

Anyway looks like I'm getting the boot- so could do with some new job
purrs if anyone has any spare

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Purrs that all goes well for you. could use a few here too as I'm going
to be talking to a mediator about a dispute between me and Rob's bank.
Not good.

Pam S
Old March 11th 11, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Purrs are on the way, Pam.

Joy

Old March 11th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 11/03/2011 4:43 AM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

I've been looking for a new job for over a year now, and there's nothing
much out there that I'd be willing to uproot the Yowlet & DH and move
away from our families & friends for.

Thats not to say I don't like my job. Whilst its not 'perfect' (which
job is?) I do get alot of satisfaction out of it. What has made me start
looking for work is a) the dire financial state our company is in and b)
being overlooked for a promotion for over 10 years.

I got a new supervisor two years ago. Nice enough bloke. We worked
together well, and at performance review time, he started to rate me
against a level that was 2 rungs above what I actually am - and rated me
as perfectly competent! When I pointed out that I was actually on the
second lowest rung (and keep in mind my 25th anniversary comes up at the
end of the year!) he was flabbergasted. He said he'd just naturally
assumed I was at the higher level - as are most of my colleagues -
because I contributed and behaved just as they did.

Once he knew I was very junior, he put in a case for my promotion.

In 2009, there were no promotions due to the GFC. Not fair, but not fair
to everyone, not just me.

For 2010, my supervisor had reassured me that I was a shoe-in, that I
couldn't possibly *not* be promoted based on my performance and the fact
I'd applied the year before but had been denied. So I naturally assumed
I'd get it. Didn't say boo for the 6 months it takes them to deliberate,
and then it was stated by the manager that all promotion applications
had been 'unofficially' approved, and would be formerly announced the
next month. And so I waited. I even dressed up on the day they were
going to be formerly announced, as I knew that I'd be called up to the
front of the all-staff meeting (we have 120 staff in our dept) and I'd
have my hand shook and a small speech made about how deserving I was.

And I sat at that meeting, and my name was not called. TO say I was
devestated is an understatment.

Turns out my application had somehow got 'lost' on my managers desk.

My supervisor clearly felt bloody aweful and kept apologising, but it
wasn't his fault. It was the manager for losing it.

I was *fuming*. My career should not be held back by my manager's
incompetence!

I complained, but alas, promotions are, in the end, cleared by the folks
who do the budget for the year, and there was no extra money to promote
me, and nor is there any mechanism in place to do a promotion except at
the usual time. I'd have to wait till this year and 'try again'.

Which is when I started looking for another job. I have 24.5 years
experience in my industry. My supervisor and my colleagues recognise my
skills and abilities - rely on them in fact - but the manager is a twit.
I deserve suitable recognition and compensation for what I do for the
company. And if he can't recognise that, then he doesn't deserve to have me.

Which, I must add, is *no where near* the aweful situation you face,
Lesley. Its frustrating for me, but at least the folks I work with on a
day to day basis appreciate me and my abilities. Just wish the manager
would (I could say more about him, but probably shouldn't on a public forum)

Yowie
Old March 11th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 11/03/2011 10:41 AM, tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way, Pam.

Yowie

Old March 11th 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message

[...]

Sending heartfelt purrs and best wishes for you to find a position where
your talents will be appreciated. MLB
Old March 12th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_5_]

On Mar 11, 1:27*pm, Yowie wrote:
Which, I must add, is *no where near* the aweful situation you face,
Lesley.

Yesterday got worse.....One of my supportive colleagues asked me how I
was and I burst into tears and she said she was so worried about my
mental health she had to talk to someone 'cos she thought I was at
risk of suicide (I told her not to worry when I sort my will out is
the time to worry! But the truth is....I get locked into bad thoughts
like losing my job+ losing my home= what about the cats) so I got
dragged to the psychologist (who is a very nice cat lover) then to my
counsellor (whom I have been seeing anyway to cope wiht the stress)
and as a result the next fortnight is filled with appointments for
support reasons with both of them. In the meantime Colin has contacted
the service manager (Shane) and expressed his concerns (and bless him
made it clear Aimee shouldn't hear about this...she's the one trying
to get me sacked for no more reason as far as I can see than it looks
good on her CV I might joke she needs to get "sacked someone"
proficiency badge but I am not 100% sure that isn't true- I can't
explain why else she;s gone for me) Shane has said I can talk to him
now as he is the chair of the panel I'm wondering if I should ask him
if they're going to sack me if the answer is no or maybe then I
hopefully can manage and if it is yes then I could abort the next 2
weeks of stress by quitting now

It's even invaded my dreams- last night I dreamt my mum and her mum
were going somewhere I was around and getting ready to go out (would
you believe I was wearing a gray smock dress and no make up then
wanted to go back at least for some eye shadow after I recalled I was
in "Fang-tasia") and gran said "Where are you getting money from?" and
I said "Got a job at least for the next 2 weeks"

I am so ...don't know what...Dave put a CD on couldn't remember who it
was and it's one of my all time favourite artists (Fish)

Lelsey

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 14th 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Well one thing- you find out who your friends are. A former colleague
of mine had already provided me with a statement- she was there and
what she said flatly contraindicated the managers version of events.
She just called me and when she heard I was getting the hearing she's
going to come along and be a witness for me- I said she'd probably
only be in there 5 minutes and she said she didn't care- makign me
wait this long amounts to torture and cruelty and she wants to be
there for me...I am so touched by this

Purrs needed Pat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 May 20th 08 06:30 AM
Job purrs now seriously needed Lesley Cat anecdotes 17 September 4th 06 10:19 AM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Job Purrs needed again! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 21 July 31st 05 08:09 PM
Job Purrs needed ann Cat anecdotes 17 November 3rd 03 06:03 PM