ot - i was naive

Old May 11th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default ot - i was naive

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message
That's really good news that the slingie thing has been removed. Now, as
to your shopping problem: When I was a college student, I had one of
those upright wire baskets with two wheels (and two supports to set it
down). I could easily roll it over curbs and up and down stairs. At the
grocery, it folded flat so it could be hung on the back of the grocery
cart. Do you have something similar in the UK? If so, I think it would
help a lot. Here is an example of what I tried to describe, although
this one has 4 wheels:
http://www.amazon.com/Narita-Trading...5101349&sr=8-4

Thank you for the suggestion, however I'm not going to buy any sort of
shopping trolley because firstly I cannot get anywhere to buy one and
secondly (and more importantly) I don't envisage needing one ever again so
it would be a waste of money!
*When* I get back to driving which I intend to be soon if I work hard at
physio I'll be able to food shop at my heart's content.

Tweed

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You're welcome. I thought perhaps it would be awhile before you could use
your left arm for driving (extensive therapy), but I'm glad to hear you
will soon be able to drive. Please, follow your therapist's advice and
don't try to "push" too much.

It will be a while, I know but I have huge motivation to achieve it. I
actually don't know when I will be able to drive but I *must* since I can't
do the 4 mile walk back and forth to the shop and no way can I get chicken
food unless I can drive to the farm to get it. June has brought me enough
to last a month for now.
Tweed

Old May 11th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message
[...]

Not being able to drive is a handicap for sure, I wish you had a car with automatic transmission and you would be able to\drive sooner. \

vFYI I have used a grocery cart like Mary L described for the last 40
years and wouldn't be without it. I used it to transport the groceries
from the carport to the house (quite a distance) and it has always been
a big help.
Do you have a friendly neighbor who would be willing to drive you to the
store once a week? It never hurts to ask and maybe they would
appreciate a few fresh eggs supplied by your chicks. Best wishes. MLB

Old May 11th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
Not being able to drive is a handicap for sure, I wish you had a car
with automatic transmission and you would be able to\drive sooner. \

yes, that is true but automatics are not common here, I don't know anyone
who has one. It seems we like changing gear ;-)

Do you have a friendly neighbor who would be willing to drive you to the
store once a week? It never hurts to ask and maybe they would appreciate
a few fresh eggs supplied by your chicks.

Unfortunately not, I am in a big dispute with my next door neighbour over my
trees, and the other side is empty for 3 years since it is too expensive for
anyone to afford.

Tweed

Old May 11th 11, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

Thank you for the suggestion, however I'm not going to buy any sort of

shopping trolley because firstly I cannot get anywhere to buy one and
secondly (and more importantly) I don't envisage needing one ever
again so
it would be a waste of money!
*When* I get back to driving which I intend to be soon if I work hard
at
physio I'll be able to food shop at my heart's content.

Tweed

Don't forget, you can't legally drive until the doctor gives you the
go-ahead. I hope that is soon.

--
Adrian
Old May 11th 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

Don't forget, you can't legally drive until the doctor gives you the
go-ahead. I hope that is soon.

I haven't forgotten that. I cannot lift my arm atm anyway. Make me feel
better, why don't you?

Old May 12th 11, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
Don't forget, you can't legally drive until the doctor gives you the
go-ahead. I hope that is soon.

I haven't forgotten that. I cannot lift my arm atm anyway. Make me feel
better, why don't you?

'Cause he is not Father Time, who is the only one to help now, MLB

Old May 12th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
Don't forget, you can't legally drive until the doctor gives you the
go-ahead. I hope that is soon.

I haven't forgotten that. I cannot lift my arm atm anyway. Make me feel
better, why don't you?

'Cause he is not Father Time, who is the only one to help now, MLB

you've missed my point. I know very well the difficulties I am facing, I was
being sarcastic.