is this normal?

Old February 22nd 04, 10:39 PM
Phil P.

"Orchid" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:18:32 -0500, "Phil P."
wrote:

even to people who have
called me a murderer.

I don't think I actually called you a murderer, did I?

Yeah, actually, you did. You said that by purchasing my boys
that I had murdered two shelter kitties.

I don't think I've ever used the term "murder". I probably said buying a
cat from a breeder takes a home away from a shelter cat that would end up
being killed because of the lack of that home. -- which is true -- athough
some people would not get a cat unless it was a specfic breed pedigree.
Those people aren't a part of the equasion because they have no impact on
the general feline population. I don't consider them real cat lovers
because they don't actually love cats as a species. You're not one of those
people because you also have a love of natural bred cats.

Breeders claim that only 5-10% of the pet cats in the US are pedigrees.
That translates into about 3.5-7 million cats - The lower number is about
the number of cats killed each year in the nation's kill-shelters.

All the cat registry organizations combined don't register 3 mllion new
pedigrees a year so I don't know how many cats breeders actually contribute
to the cat overpopulation but its clear that they do contribute to the
problem - hobby breeders less so than commercial and backyard breeders
because many hobby breeders only "breed to order" rather than churn out
litters one after the other.

Good luck.

Phil

Old February 22nd 04, 11:41 PM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa 22 Feb 2004 22:13:10 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
PawsForThought ) said,
Hmmm, well, a) I don't think "eat ****" is all that awful of a

thing
to say.

And besides sometimes it is just the most appropriate response.

It *was* the most appropriate response. I remember Steve Crane

was saying that
ingredients don't matter in pet food. I said something like "why

don't you eat
**** then since ingredients don't matter."
It must have been too much for Goobie to handle, LOL

That's 'cause he only has one hand free...

oooooo

low five,

low

five!

Old February 23rd 04, 12:02 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa 22 Feb 2004 22:13:10 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
PawsForThought ) said,
Hmmm, well, a) I don't think "eat ****" is all that awful of a

thing
to say.

And besides sometimes it is just the most appropriate response.

It *was* the most appropriate response. I remember Steve Crane

was saying that
ingredients don't matter in pet food. I said something like "why

don't you eat
**** then since ingredients don't matter."
It must have been too much for Goobie to handle, LOL

That's 'cause he only has one hand free...

oooooo

low five,

low

five!

Was that a pun? ;-Þ

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old February 23rd 04, 01:47 AM
GAUBSTER2

From: "Hailey"

**************I triple agree! It's sickening. Sheeeshh.. dontcha just wanna
tell some
people to GROW UP??************ by HAILEY

This is the 4th post in a row that is backing up Lauren for her lying!
Incredible!! The post that you are responding to didn't even have any of

the
facts correct. Perhaps you should check your facts before you back up

somebody
else's errors and misconceptions.

Ya know what? I was not backing anyone up.

You sure were or you wouldn't have created the post. If you didn't know what
you were commenting about, then you'd better learn to butt out of things that
don't concern you or else you risk being painted as aligning yourself with
people and actions that you may not agree with.

I don't even know what your whole
beef is about, and please, don't tell me.

Then why do you piggyback on top of other people's posts?? Do you just feel
this overwhelming need to "belong" to something?

Though I may be new to the list, I can see that Lauren has
not been following you around but umm... yeah... check out your own posts. I
won't be any longer.

Hailey- who just wants peace...

Lauren lies and calls names and you want to ignore that while bothering to give
me a hard time for calling her on the carpet. Okay, fine. That says a lot
about you. As for wanting "peace", why bother posting at all unless you want
to "jump in" and/or "pile on"? That's not how you get "peace".
Old February 23rd 04, 01:47 AM
GAUBSTER2