Elevator Butt?

Old March 15th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Elevator Butt?

Singh wrote:
I never paid attention to the relative position of cat butts to the
floor during times of vigorous petting, until someone wrote a month or
two back about one of her cats hiking up her little tuchus in a rush
of kitty ecstasy. Now I look and it's everywhere!

Persia presents elevator butt when she's not particularly sleepy but wants
to be scritched or payed attention to. It's pretty funny. I do notice
when she's sleepy and relaxed she doesn't "present" in the same manner.
Other times I get the butt up and tail raised treatment.

Jill

Old March 15th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I never paid attention to the relative position of cat butts to the
floor during times of vigorous petting, until someone wrote a month or
two back about one of her cats hiking up her little tuchus in a rush of
kitty ecstasy. Now I look and it's everywhere! Roxie and Odessa lift
theirs with their tails way up like little flagpoles, with Odessa going
especially bats if there's a man around, the flirt; and Brandy does this
crazy thing where her tail curls like a little corkscrew. I shouldn't be
surprised because Brandy's a weird cat. This is the cat who barks like a
little dog and steals bites of peanut butter sandwiches, so why
shouldn't she have a screwy tail?

But Stosh? I, or any lady, can pet him until next month, but do I get an
elevator butt from him? Certainly not. Of course, I get a spa treatment
with a massage every night and how many people can say that. But I
wonder, is the elevator butt a female thing? and for that matter, why is
it that only male cats seem to respond to my hog-calling? (Think of the
Arkansas University cheer except say KITTTTTEEEEEE-CAT!!! except
SOOOOOEEEE-PIG) Fritzie used to come running from as far as the
equivalent of five city blocks (we lived in a little hick town back
then) and Stosh immediately drops what he's doing. Is there some
Y-chromosome thing going on here?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old March 15th 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-14 23:28:15 -0800, Singh said:
snip
But Stosh? I, or any lady, can pet him until next month, but do I get an
elevator butt from him? Certainly not. Of course, I get a spa treatment
with a massage every night and how many people can say that. But I
wonder, is the elevator butt a female thing?

'nother snip
Blessed be,
Baha

Ming and Buttercup both do elevator butt, but Ming gets so into it that
he puts his head down on the ground/bed/whatever he's standing on while
he hikes his butt up. If you keep the petting up long enough he'll do
a headstand and lose his balance...

Katrina

Old March 15th 06, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Singh wrote:
[...]

All of mine do it, with the exception of Katie (no touching on the back
allowed), but Sir Stirling is a special case. His embarrassment as his
rear end heads skywards makes you feel quite sorry for him. His face so
clearly says "I will not stick my butt in the air, no I won't, not this
time, OH NO IT WENT UP AGAIN, I CAN'T CONTROL IT! Oh please don't tell
anyone ma..."

Old March 15th 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Singh skrev i meddelandet ...
[...]

Elevator butt is not a female only thing. Hugo Katt used to do it all the
time.
I´ve always found this cat haiku so cute and so true:
http://joke-archives.com/cats/cathaiku.html

Elisabet

Old March 15th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Not if you ask my Pi. He's had an elevator butt since the first day I
met him; he also presents butt at every opportunity. Every time I meet
a new cat, I notice whether he/she is an elevator butt or not.

Tyche is the queen of elevator butt. Not a day goes by where one of us
hasn't got a Tyche on our hip as we lie in bed, her butt towards our
face, demanding a scritch above the base of the tail. When she's
satisfied, she'll meatloaf there and go right to sleep. We dare not
move.

Nocturne would rather die than "present her butt" to anyone, Smokey
prefers rubbing his wet, drippy nose all over you, and Kumani likes lie
where she can "bless" you by stroking your cheek, forehead or hand with
her little paw.

--Fil

Old March 15th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Francesca is a definite Elevator Butt Cat, as is Nina, although not to
the same degree. Pan just looks at me and says "don't stop, whatever
you do."

Melissa

Old March 15th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-15, Singh penned:

But Stosh? I, or any lady, can pet him until next month, but do I
get an elevator butt from him? Certainly not. Of course, I get a spa
treatment with a massage every night and how many people can say
that. But I wonder, is the elevator butt a female thing?

I've definitely gotten the elevator butt thing from male cats. I got
chastised on rpch+b for wondering whether it was a sexual thing.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 16th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Singh" wrote in message
.. But I
wonder, is the elevator butt a female thing? and for that matter, why is
it that only male cats seem to respond to my hog-calling?

No, it's not a female thing. In this household it's Francis who can lift his
rear higher than any of the other felines. Indeed he gets so carried away
with it, he loses balance & topples over :-D

Waffles does the bottom-lift too, but Marble is more reticent about
revealing the place the sun doesn't normally shine on.

All three of mine respond to calling.

Cheers, helen s

Old March 16th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:

In this household it's Francis who can lift his rear higher than
any of the other felines. Indeed he gets so carried away with it,
he loses balance & topples over :-D

Haha! That's a pretty funny image. Does he then go into "I meant to
do that" mode?

Joyce