Getting Ready for the 2006 Voyage of the Mouser

Old March 21st 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Getting Ready for the 2006 Voyage of the Mouser

I published this on the Blog for the Mouser (link below):

Well, it's that time of year again. We're here at the dock, all the
pre-sailing work is done, supplies have been ordered to show up for next
week and we're taking special orders for any extras. I've asked the fat
wench to make a bunch of thockies for us with lots of lovely catnip in them.
She says that she's worried that we'll get too stoned and roll off the deck
into the ocean. As if.

We have several hoolikittens joining us this year, including Caliban
from Finland, Dante from the USA and our very own Qui Gun Kit, whom the fat
wench calls Stoner, because he leally likes the 'nip. I suspect that more
hoolikittens will be joining us, but will have to wait to see what happens.
I planned on having SSG Huey keep them in line, but I think he'll need help
this year as they seem to be exceptionally rambunctious this year.

We have the usual travelers, and Helen M as an additional traveler.
This should be fun! I hope she is willing to do scritching duty as well as
take her turn on feeding and litter box duty.

We plan to sail through the Panama Canal and into the South Seas. We
will be doing out usual trip backwards this year, so that we have more time
to comfort my beautiful little girlfriend, Chloe, who lost one of her
Brofurs this spring. We also hope to visit Smoggleberry and IBK Fergus who
is a wild child herself, and owns her very own barekitten. There also a lot
of Burmese cats in New Zealand who have a lot to teach us and we must make
our usual pilgrimage to Thailand to hiss at the temple cats. We kick kitty
and d-thing butt. We also plan to visit Caliban and Miranda's Island to pay
our respects to the Memory of Frank and Nicki to whom the island is
dedicated.

Please let us know what special needs or wants you have,

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

--
http://www.mousertails.blogspot.com
Mouser Tails: The voyages of the Mouser

I'm not bad...I'm just written that way

Old March 21st 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

Sammy and Jessie will be joining the crew again this year if they may. Demi
is too shy and Bandit is too old to journey.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 21st 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Sammy and Jessie will be joining the crew again this year if they may. Demi
is too shy and Bandit is too old to journey.

They might have to retro-fit the ship with the Samazon joining the crew!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 21st 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Sammy and Jessie will be joining the crew again this year if they may.
Demi is too shy and Bandit is too old to journey.

They might have to retro-fit the ship with the Samazon joining the crew!

Nah, they'll just need less ballast! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Old March 21st 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Sammy and Jessie will be joining the crew again this year if they may.
Demi is too shy and Bandit is too old to journey.

They might have to retro-fit the ship with the Samazon joining the crew!

Nah, they'll just need less ballast! ;

Nah, we'll just put Sammy's hammock on one side of the ship and QC's on the
other. That way they balance each other out most of the time.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 21st 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Boyfriend will come along to help Huey with the youngsters. He's a good
role model and is firm but kind.

Tweed

Old March 21st 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Fez and Rufous will join again this year, but they are not hoolikittens
anymore and are getting to be quite large. Fez must have kibble to eat,
as he prefers it over anything else. Rufous will eat anything and
everything and will chew on most things he can get his paws on.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 21st 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Samwise from the USA was very pleased to hear he could join the voyage this
year. He will be 2 in July but is more like a hoodkitten. He didn't start to
learn manners until he was 6 months old because he was born outside and was
rescued. He loves food of any kind so you need to keep an eye on him.

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old March 22nd 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"ann791" wrote in message
Samwise from the USA was very pleased to hear he could join the voyage
this year. He will be 2 in July but is more like a hoodkitten. He didn't
start to learn manners until he was 6 months old because he was born
outside and was rescued. He loves food of any kind so you need to keep an
eye on him.

I've been having the fat wench take notes and keep lists of crew members and
their needs. I don't think she has enough catnip, though she bought a case
of the dry stuff and two large tubs of the growing goodies.

I've been going over the toy supply, and someone has walked away with a lot
of tinkle balls, puff balls, and little toy micies. Please remember that
toys are for everyone to share, and we don't want to run out. I don't want
to know who it was, but the fat wench opened one wall locker and a whole lot
of toys fell out. We also need all water fountains to stay with the ship and
covered litter boxes will (again) be first come first served. There is a
refrigerator for medications and special treats, but lets not get carried
away. The fat wench says that she refuses to buy a cow to supply us with
cream, for instance.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 22nd 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
We also plan to visit Caliban and Miranda's Island to pay
our respects to the Memory of Frank and Nicki to whom the island is
dedicated.

Miranda wipes tar out of corner of eye That is very nice of you.
Please let us know what special needs or wants you have,

Cap'n, Sir, please may I remind you that I do not eat "catfood," only
fresh meat. Preferably beef. Fresh fish would be a nice change, if we
can get any. Maybe Barnabus will fish for me. blush

Yours Respectfully,
Miranda

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi