OT Vegemite *Not* Banned in US

Old October 26th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default OT Vegemite *Not* Banned in US

From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old October 26th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathryn

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Phew, I can put the US back on my list of countries to visit! *big grin*

Old October 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Well, that's a great relief! To somebody. I mean, somebody must be happy
about it, right? G

Joy

Old October 27th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
feverish

Joy wrote:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Well, that's a great relief! To somebody. I mean, somebody must be happy
about it, right? G

Yeeesh. No way. haha!!!

And, I'm a vegeterian.

-feverish
Old October 27th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Kreisleriana wrote:
From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Phew! That is *such* a relief. Thank you very much for setting the
record straight!

Oddly, not all Australians are addicted to vegemite. My sister, who
has lived in London (UK) for several years, specifically asked us *not*
to send her vegemite or tim tams as she doesn't like either of them.
My mother, an immigrant to Australia herself, was mildly shocked that
my sister could do without the two Australian staple foods. Mind you,
each time my sister visits Australia she goes insane shopping for
stuff, so there are a *few* things she misses from the Land of Oz (or
it could just be the favourable exchange-rate).

Tish

Old October 27th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

feverish wrote:
Joy wrote:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Well, that's a great relief! To somebody. I mean, somebody must be happy
about it, right? G

Yeeesh. No way. haha!!!

And, I'm a vegeterian.

-feverish

Vegemite actually doesn't contain any animal products. You're probably
thinking of Brovil which is made from beef and looks the same. Vegemite
is made from yeast and malt extracts. It's actually a good source of
vitamin B12 plus other B vitamins.

I'm vegetarian and I also eat vegemite. It's really is good stuff.
Honest! It tastes terrible if you slather it on thick, because it's
far too salty. However you're not supposed to eat it that way. Only a
tiny amount is required and it should be eaten with margerine or butter
on the bread as well. A jar of vegemite goes a long way.

In the vegemite ads you see these people eating toast with the vegemite
spread on waaay too thick. Only need a quarter of what they show is
needed.

Dewi - Vegemite defender ;D

Old October 27th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

I was wondering it this was a publicity stunt done by Kraft (who own
Vegemite). Think of all the good advertising Vegemite got from this.
Maybe vegemite sales in Australia were dropping, who knows.

Dewi.

From Slate.com:

Old October 27th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Tish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Kreisleriana wrote:
From Slate.com:
http://www.slate.com/id/2152218/?nav=fix

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Phew! That is *such* a relief. Thank you very much for setting the
record straight!

Oddly, not all Australians are addicted to vegemite. My sister, who
has lived in London (UK) for several years, specifically asked us *not*
to send her vegemite or tim tams as she doesn't like either of them.
My mother, an immigrant to Australia herself, was mildly shocked that
my sister could do without the two Australian staple foods. Mind you,
each time my sister visits Australia she goes insane shopping for
stuff, so there are a *few* things she misses from the Land of Oz (or
it could just be the favourable exchange-rate).

I reckon I could manage without vegemite if I had to, although Marmite &
Promite are poor alternatives, they'd do in a pinch I guess. But life
wouldn't be worth living without timtams. There is nothing in this world
(that I know of) that even comes close to the Timtam.

MMMM.... Timtams.

Yowie

Old October 27th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Yowie" wrote in message

I reckon I could manage without vegemite if I had to, although Marmite &
Promite are poor alternatives, they'd do in a pinch I guess. But life
wouldn't be worth living without timtams. There is nothing in this world
(that I know of) that even comes close to the Timtam.

MMMM.... Timtams.

Yowie

Fear not. Both Vegemite & Timtams are available in the UK. Vegemite is
superior to Marmite, but Timtams aren't as good as Penguins ;-)

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.c...s.php3?item=47

Old October 27th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Tish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Kreisleriana wrote:
From Slate.com:
[...]

I can't imagine anybody not liking TimTams!

Joy