Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Old March 13th 04, 08:18 PM
kilikini

wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:56:47 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:

(snip)

I once had a friend that had no sense of smell. She had three 100
gallon fish tanks, a dog and a cat. All things considering, her house
didn't smell too bad, but it did have a cat smell. However, when she
got new carpets, the guy that came to install them almost passed out
when he lifted the old carpet. I guess her cat had been urinating
there for years and no one knew.
pepsi

Oh my god, that must have been awful! ROFL. I don't know whether to laugh
or pity the carpet guy!
kili

Old March 15th 04, 03:45 AM
Mich Somday

Jacqueline wrote in message:

lol! Yes. I'd like some goats. One day I will have goats!

I've had goats and, believe me, you might want to re-think that wish!
LOL!!! I had two pygmy goats-a nanny and a billy. I adored Natashia,
but Boris S.T.U.N.K.!!!

Billy goat stink is one of the worst animal smells possible. Not only
did he smell horrible, but he wouldn't stop climbing on our cars. I
think he fancied himself a mountain goat.

They did have three wonderful little babies, though, who would crawl
all over me when I went out and sat on the ground with them. I was
there when Tasha gave birth to them and even had to help her with the
second one. (Goat midwife, ya know...) A friend of mine who already
had a gerd of hoats wanted the entire batch, so I handed them over and
she still loves them.

The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
though.....

Mich

Old March 15th 04, 03:18 PM
M.C. Mullen

| The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
| with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
| though.....
|
| Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
| about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
| states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
| small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
| that woman Prime Minister!

Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
now. Anybody with personal experience around?

Carola

Old March 15th 04, 03:18 PM
M.C. Mullen

Old March 16th 04, 03:18 PM

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:18:17 +0100, "M.C. Mullen"
wrote:

| The goats were, actually, pretty darn fun, but I've decided to stick
| with my cats, dogs, horses, cows & fish. I'd really like a giraffe,
| though.....
|
| Oh yes, I'd like a giraffe! ;o) Once saw a conservation programme
| about them and the host (Joanna Lumley, dunno if she's known in the
| states) said the problem with us Brits is we build our houses too
| small. If we built taller ones we could all have a giraffe each! Make
| that woman Prime Minister!

Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
now. Anybody with personal experience around?

Carola

I've heard they are not as friendly as they are cute. In other words,
they are mean. Probably not a good pet.
pepsi
Old March 16th 04, 03:18 PM

Old March 16th 04, 11:08 PM
Flippy

"M.C. Mullen" wrote ...
Well, I saw this program about the Australian Bush: I'd like a Koala Bear
now. Anybody with personal experience around?

Carola

Actually, the Koala is not a bear at all. Check these links for info:
http://www.npws.nsw.gov.au/wildlife/...ets/koala.html
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/DeerParkES...ent/koala.html
http://www.koalaexpress.com.au/facts1.htm
http://home.mira.net/~areadman/koala.htm
http://www.doaustralia.com/Fauna/Koala.htm
http://www.arazpa.org.au/Education_FactSheets_Koala.htm
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...printout.shtml

It is a common mistake that non-Aussies make, even in documentaries.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

---