I Got a Phone Call Last night...

Old February 25th 20, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Got a Phone Call Last night...

A call from a woman who is a member of the Dataw Island Feline
Foundation. There is a colony of feral cats where I live and apparently
people keep track of the adoptions.

I adopted Buffy after her owner died. But before that, Buffy was one of
those who was part of the TNR program. Her owner picked her up off the
street and turned her into a house cat. Early enough to not be feral.
A love bug!

I had no idea how the woman knew I'd adopted Buffy after her owner
(Carol) died. She called me out of the blue. Turns out they *do* keep
track of what happens to the adopted ferals. She was just calling to
ask if they could include Buffy in the list of successful TNR adoption
stories. Absolutely!

She's a happy rescue success story... a former feral (that's how she
knew - Buffy is on record as having been snipped and has an ear notch).
They really do keep track of this stuff.

I told her Buffy loves to play with golf balls. And she does NOT want
to go outside. She sleeps curled up next to me every night. I'd say
Buffy got the good end of starting out as a feral kitten with a notched
ear. Of course you may use her as an example of adopting and supporting
the TNR program!

Jill
Old February 29th 20, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/28/2020 10:09 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

That's a really nice thing to happen. As you say it's a happy outcome for
Buffy, for you too.

Judith

It was quite nice! I was a bit surprised by the phone call, though.
Just proves the local TNR program (DIFF) tries to keep records of where
the cats wind up.

Jill
Old March 5th 20, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Isn't that great? You and Buffy are lucky to have found each other.