*****SIGH*****

Old March 17th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default *****SIGH*****

I don't know if you guys remember me telling you, a year ago, about a little
black and white cat who hangs around our house day and night (her people
never allowed her inside). Here's a picture of her looking in at my girls:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Four_Sisters/. Of course she wasn't
spayed and last spring they ended up with a sign outside their house that
read "Real Kittens - $1".

Well, she's in heat again (I have every intact tom within a five mile radius
hanging around my back yard - the good thing being that they are getting a
good meal everyday, which most look like they really could use). So....

I printed out some brochures from our local SNAP clinic and walked across
the street to go talk to them about her and offer to help pay for the
surgery (and the prerequisite vaccinations). Guess what? The slime have
moved out and left her to get along on her own! I shouldn't be surprised
since they never bothered with her to begin with (what a great lesson to
teach their three little girls!!!), but *man* that p*sses me off.

*SIGH* We *really* can't afford a fifth cat! DH is giving me serious
financial pouts. But I don't think we have a choice, though, she'll need to
be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy. I *have* agreed
with DH to wait a couple of days on the off chance that they come back to
retrieve her (yeah, wait for that to happen) since, according to another
neighbor, they just moved their furniture out about 2 or 3 days ago. She'll
be fine in the meantime - she'll get plenty of good food here and we have a
wooden fenced back yard where she's safe. [I know some of you will say grab
her now, but DH is adamant about this point and won't budge - it's going to
take some serious pleading over the next week to get him to agree to take
her at all.]

Also, *I'm* just really not looking forward to this. This is a cat who is
*never* inside, so changing her into an indoors-only cat will be a huge
battle. Also, the dynamics among our four girls is already precarious
(Jessie is aggressive, Demi is fearful, Bandit is vicious but old, and Sammy
is a huge clown who only wants to play with everybody). The introduction
process may take *months*, and I worry about Bandit, at 16-years-old, being
upset to the point of illness over this.

Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 17th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, Jeez, Catnipped, what a battle! I know exactly how you feel. Purrs
that everything goes the way you want it to.

kili

Old March 17th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Purrs from my crew (especially my Sammy who was also abandoned by his
family). Could you possibly rehome her with someone rather than trying
to take her in yourself?

Julie

Old March 17th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I know how you feel - except it's *me* that always says "no more" but
eventually caves (*exactly* how we ended up with *12* - haven't seen MamaKat
since Thanksgiving, so maybe we won't get any more).

Purrs for a peacefull and good outcome for all, and dirty litterbox
offerings to the scumbag neighbor who a) didn't get her spayed to begin
with, and b) aparently has left her behind.

Old March 17th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

It's so sad, this sort of thing happens everyday somewhere or other. :-(
Lots of good luck purrs. Is there any chance you could find this litle girl
another home?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 17th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yup, you guessed it. I say grab her now. What they have done is
criminal animal neglect and they don't deserve to have her back. Do you
have *any* prospects that might want a cat? I understand your concern
about integrating Bandit. Stress can really affect the health of an
older cat.

Nope, it's us or the pound (and you know, knowing me, it won't be the
pound). I don't think the @$$holes are going to come back for her, so I
think she'll be safe in our back yard until I can talk DH into shelling out
the $200+ for testing, vaccinations, and spaying (probably more since she
has already mated and is more than likely pregnant).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sherry

Old March 17th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, CatNipped penned:

Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

Purrs for the cat and for you ... it's a tough situation.

Can you get her spayed even if you don't keep her?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 17th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, CatNipped penned:

Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

Purrs for the cat and for you ... it's a tough situation.

Can you get her spayed even if you don't keep her?

Yes, that's a given - it's just a matter of when I can talk DH into paying
to have it done. Then I'll have to keep her confined afterwards for a least
a few days while she recuperates. After that, if I haven't talked DH into
keeping her, I'll have to find a way to find her a home since I don't want
to put her back outside (although she's been doing just fine out there for
over a year).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 17th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

I printed out some brochures from our local SNAP clinic and walked
across the street to go talk to them about her and offer to help pay
for the surgery (and the prerequisite vaccinations). Guess what?
The slime have moved out and left her to get along on her own!

I hope you can talk DH into getting her spayed NOW. The longer you wait,
the further along her pregnancy will advance, and the more risky the
spaying becomes.

Maybe you could take her in, have her spayed, and advertise like hell
to find her a new home? Even if you don't know anyone personally who
wants a cat, if you put out ads, you might find someone. Petfinder is
a good resource - at least it was great back when I had a stray cat who
needed, *and found*, a home.

Poor girl! I wouldn't feel one bit guilty about snatching her
now - those people have demonstrated that they don't care about her.

Purrs,
Joyce
Old March 17th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, CatNipped penned:

Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

Purrs for the cat and for you ... it's a tough situation.

Can you get her spayed even if you don't keep her?

Yes, that's a given - it's just a matter of when I can talk DH into paying
to have it done. Then I'll have to keep her confined afterwards for a least
a few days while she recuperates. After that, if I haven't talked DH into
keeping her, I'll have to find a way to find her a home since I don't want
to put her back outside (although she's been doing just fine out there for
over a year).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Argh! How frustrating, purrs that things work out for all of you.
Suz&Spicey