*****SIGH*****

Old March 18th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default *****SIGH*****

CatNipped wrote:

I printed out some brochures from our local SNAP clinic and walked across
the street to go talk to them about her and offer to help pay for the
surgery (and the prerequisite vaccinations). Guess what? The slime have
moved out and left her to get along on her own!

Well, that's how I acquired Cendrillon, my latest! Neighbor
moved out and left her in his empty apartment.

*SIGH* We *really* can't afford a fifth cat! DH is giving me serious
financial pouts. But I don't think we have a choice, though, she'll need to
be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy.

Fortunately Cendri was not pregnant - just came in heat a
week after I adopted her! (I STILL shudder over people who
would de-claw a cat, but not have it neutered!) I'm glad I
agreed to take her - she and Melisande seem to be bonding
nicely, and she's proving much more sociable than she seemed
at first. (last night they were both on my lap, taking
turns grooming each other.)

--
http://NewsGuy.com/overview.htm 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth
Old March 18th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

*SIGH* We *really* can't afford a fifth cat! DH is giving me serious
financial pouts. But I don't think we have a choice, though, she'll need to
be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy.

It sounds like being "left behind" might be the best thing that ever
happened to this poor kitty....though, Kumani would like to offer a
fresh, steaming puke on the neighbours' bedding.

Purrs for financial good fortune.

I'm still not sure how Dylan and I moved a pair of 6 week old orphan
kittens cross country (a 23 hour drive if you don't stop for longer
than gas and pee) as well as our stuff and the other two cats....but
when it's you or no one, what choice do you have?

--Fil

Old March 18th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Catnipped,
let us know the vet, and some of us can call in donations. I'm feeling
really good right now (our house sold!!!), and I know I can spare some
money to help the poor girl. The earlier she is spayed, the better for
everyone.

Kalynnda

On 2006-03-17, CatNipped penned:
Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

Purrs for the cat and for you ... it's a tough situation.

Can you get her spayed even if you don't keep her?

Yes, that's a given - it's just a matter of when I can talk DH into paying
to have it done. Then I'll have to keep her confined afterwards for a least
a few days while she recuperates. After that, if I haven't talked DH into
keeping her, I'll have to find a way to find her a home since I don't want
to put her back outside (although she's been doing just fine out there for
over a year).

Old March 18th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
I don't know if you guys remember me telling you, a year ago, about a little
black and white cat who hangs around our house day and night (her people
never allowed her inside). Here's a picture of her looking in at my girls:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Four_Sisters/. Of course she wasn't
spayed and last spring they ended up with a sign outside their house that
read "Real Kittens - $1".

Honestly, I would get her spayed and make her a garage kitty. She is
used to living outdoors, and can hang in your garage at night. Just
make a little bed for her, and let her come and go as she pleases.
There comes a point where you have to draw the line, and do what you
can - which is not always the *best* you can do, but it helps.

-L.

Old March 18th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
I don't know if you guys remember me telling you, a year ago, about a little
black and white cat who hangs around our house day and night (her people
never allowed her inside). Here's a picture of her looking in at my girls:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Four_Sisters/. Of course she wasn't
spayed and last spring they ended up with a sign outside their house that
read "Real Kittens - $1".

Poor baby. Many purrs that you find a good solution.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 18th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

*SIGH* We *really* can't afford a fifth cat! DH is giving me serious
financial pouts. But I don't think we have a choice, though, she'll

need to
be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy.

It sounds like being "left behind" might be the best thing that ever
happened to this poor kitty....though, Kumani would like to offer a
fresh, steaming puke on the neighbours' bedding.

LOL, that made me laugh. Pua will gladly help with that pile of puke. She
knows what it's like to be alone, outside, hungry and pregnant until she
found us.

kili

Old March 18th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lots of purrs for you, Lori -- I know this is a challenging situation but
lots and lots of moral support and purrs for you in this endeavor.
Sometimes you know you're their only chance. Hang in there.
Christine (been there)

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I don't know if you guys remember me telling you, a year ago, about a

little
black and white cat who hangs around our house day and night (her people
never allowed her inside). Here's a picture of her looking in at my

girls:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Four_Sisters/. Of course she

wasn't
spayed and last spring they ended up with a sign outside their house that
read "Real Kittens - $1".

Well, she's in heat again (I have every intact tom within a five mile

radius
hanging around my back yard - the good thing being that they are getting a
good meal everyday, which most look like they really could use). So....

I printed out some brochures from our local SNAP clinic and walked across
the street to go talk to them about her and offer to help pay for the
surgery (and the prerequisite vaccinations). Guess what? The slime have
moved out and left her to get along on her own! I shouldn't be surprised
since they never bothered with her to begin with (what a great lesson to
teach their three little girls!!!), but *man* that p*sses me off.

*SIGH* We *really* can't afford a fifth cat! DH is giving me serious
financial pouts. But I don't think we have a choice, though, she'll need

be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy. I *have* agreed
with DH to wait a couple of days on the off chance that they come back to
retrieve her (yeah, wait for that to happen) since, according to another
neighbor, they just moved their furniture out about 2 or 3 days ago.

She'll
be fine in the meantime - she'll get plenty of good food here and we have

wooden fenced back yard where she's safe. [I know some of you will say

grab
her now, but DH is adamant about this point and won't budge - it's going

take some serious pleading over the next week to get him to agree to take
her at all.]

Also, *I'm* just really not looking forward to this. This is a cat who is
*never* inside, so changing her into an indoors-only cat will be a huge
battle. Also, the dynamics among our four girls is already precarious
(Jessie is aggressive, Demi is fearful, Bandit is vicious but old, and

Sammy
is a huge clown who only wants to play with everybody). The introduction
process may take *months*, and I worry about Bandit, at 16-years-old,

being
upset to the point of illness over this.

Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 18th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

to be spayed before she gets too far along in a pregnancy. I *have*
agreed with DH to wait a couple of days on the off chance that they come
back to retrieve her (yeah, wait for that to happen) since, according to
another neighbor, they just moved their furniture out about 2 or 3 days
ago. She'll be fine in the meantime - she'll get plenty of good food here
and we have a wooden fenced back yard where she's safe. [I know some of
you will say grab her now, but DH is adamant about this point and won't
budge - it's going to take some serious pleading over the next week to get
him to agree to take her at all.]

Also, *I'm* just really not looking forward to this. This is a cat who is
*never* inside, so changing her into an indoors-only cat will be a huge
battle. Also, the dynamics among our four girls is already precarious
(Jessie is aggressive, Demi is fearful, Bandit is vicious but old, and
Sammy is a huge clown who only wants to play with everybody). The
introduction process may take *months*, and I worry about Bandit, at
16-years-old, being upset to the point of illness over this.

Anyway, I'll let you know how things go in a couple of days.

It's a wonderful thing that you are doing for this cat, but a thought
occurred to me. You are going to get her spayed and inoculated, right? She
likes to be outdoors and given that it isn't exactly cold where you live,
couldn't she still live out? Do you still have the kennel that Digger used?
You could make it into a comfy cathouse and feed her out there.
That way, she would be happy and your indoor cats needn't be upset. Or is
this not a viable option?

Tweed

Old March 18th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

Kumani would like to offer a
fresh, steaming puke on the neighbours' bedding.

LOL, that made me laugh. Pua will gladly help with that pile of puke.

Off the topic of this thread, slightly, but this reminds me of a
funny greeting card I once bought. On the cover it shows a picture
of a cat looking a bit green around the gills. It says, "Sorry
things aren't going so well for you." Inside, it says, "Can I have
my cat puke on someone's shoes for you?"

I'm still waiting for the right person to send it to.

Joyce
Old March 19th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in news:47vupmFhabdoU1
@individual.net:

Demi is beautiful - is she deaf? Blue-eyed white cats do tend to that.

Chak

--
I would like at least one political party in this country to be willing
to say that sex is fun and an important part of being human.