Mosey Update :)

Old March 14th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default Mosey Update :)

Just got back from TED and it turns out Mosey has a tapeworm. TED gave him
a shot fur that and some stuff for furballs and told us to put him on a
poultry diet, so we're going to the store and getting some poultry soft fud
and some poultry babyfud as well.
Thank you for all your purrs, they really helped. Turns out that even tho
he has a tapeworm, he's gained 3/4 of a pound, so he'll be just fine. His
teeth are fine and TED told me I was doing a great job with his teeth
Mosey was mad that he had to go to TED, but the Dr is very friendly, and
wants to re-check him in about a month and it only cost us $50, for the
visit, the shot and the furball stuff he sent home with us.
I just wanted to let you know. Mosey will post later on, on rpcc.
I'm relieved it wasn't more serious. TED told us to keep him off the dry.
catfud, which will be hard, because we have 4 Cats and feed them 2 kinds of
dry food.
So, in a few minutes, we'll be off to the store to get him some poultry
canned fud and some poultry barekitten fud.
Thanks SO much for your purrs and prayers for him.
They really helped.
Love and Hugs
Kyla

Old March 14th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Whew! I'm glad the vet was able to find the problem, it wasn't serious and
it's treatable.

Joy

Old March 15th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 14, 5:58 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
Just got back from TED and it turns out Mosey has a tapeworm.

TED gave him
a shot fur that and some stuff for furballs and told us to put him on a
poultry diet, so we're going to the store and getting some poultry soft fud
and some poultry babyfud as well.

He'll probably love THAT.

Thank you for all your purrs, they really helped. Turns out that even tho
he has a tapeworm, he's gained 3/4 of a pound, so he'll be just fine. His
teeth are fine and TED told me I was doing a great job with his teeth

Helps that he loves his toofpaste.

Mosey was mad that he had to go to TED, but the Dr is very friendly, and
wants to re-check him in about a month and it only cost us $50, for the
visit, the shot and the furball stuff he sent home with us.
I just wanted to let you know. Mosey will post later on, on rpcc.

Maggy May and WooToo are already urging me to post for them.

I'm relieved it wasn't more serious. TED told us to keep him off the dry.
catfud, which will be hard, because we have 4 Cats and feed them 2 kinds of
dry food.
So, in a few minutes, we'll be off to the store to get him some poultry
canned fud and some poultry barekitten fud.
Thanks SO much for your purrs and prayers for him.
They really helped.

This is good news. Not good news for the worm but for everybody else.

Will in New Haven

--

Love and Hugs
Kyla

Old March 15th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Will in New Haven wrote in
:

On Mar 14, 5:58 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

Not to get graphic (this might be better in the health group) but how big
is a tapeworm that is in a cat and what happens to it when "treated".
Does the cat then have to pass an entire dead worm or does it break up or
what?

Old March 15th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"outsider"
Not to get graphic (this might be better in the health group) but how big
is a tapeworm that is in a cat and what happens to it when "treated".
Does the cat then have to pass an entire dead worm or does it break up or
what?

Geez, I have no clue. I guess I can call TED tomorrow, and find out or just
look in Mosey's erm, 'stool'. When TED went to take his tempurature, he
'saw' the worm, and then told us 'Mosey has a tapeworm'. And then he gave
him the injection. I never thought of that. ewwwwww.

Old March 15th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Joy"
"Kyla =^..^=" Just got back from TED and it turns out Mosey has a
[...]

You and me both...he feels alot better gnow.
Thank you for the purrs

Kyla

--now if only I could get DH out of HIS funk ...
sigh

Old March 15th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Kyla =^..^= kirjoitti:
"outsider"
Not to get graphic (this might be better in the health group) but how big
is a tapeworm that is in a cat and what happens to it when "treated".
Does the cat then have to pass an entire dead worm or does it break up or
what?

Geez, I have no clue. I guess I can call TED tomorrow, and find out or just
look in Mosey's erm, 'stool'. When TED went to take his tempurature, he
'saw' the worm, and then told us 'Mosey has a tapeworm'. And then he gave
him the injection. I never thought of that. ewwwwww.

Here's an article about tapeworms from a site called TalkToTheVet.com
http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES.../tapeworms.HTM

It seems tapeworms are not so dreadfully bad for the pets as many other
intestinal parasites.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 15th 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

outsider kirjoitti:

Not to get graphic (this might be better in the health group) but how big
is a tapeworm that is in a cat and what happens to it when "treated".
Does the cat then have to pass an entire dead worm or does it break up or
what?

It apparently breaks up into segments. I posted this link to Kyla's post
but here goes again:

Old March 15th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christine K." wrote in
:

Kyla =^..^= kirjoitti:
"outsider"
Not to get graphic (this might be better in the health group) but
how big is a tapeworm that is in a cat and what happens to it when
"treated". Does the cat then have to pass an entire dead worm or
does it break up or
what?

Geez, I have no clue. I guess I can call TED tomorrow, and find out
or just look in Mosey's erm, 'stool'. When TED went to take his
tempurature, he 'saw' the worm, and then told us 'Mosey has a
tapeworm'. And then he gave him the injection. I never thought of
that. ewwwwww.

Here's an article about tapeworms from a site called TalkToTheVet.com
http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES.../tapeworms.HTM

It seems tapeworms are not so dreadfully bad for the pets as many
other intestinal parasites.

Interesting. Sounds like kyla should make sure everything is flea free to
avoid re-infection.
Old March 15th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
[...]

So glad it was nothing serious.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Purrs Needed for Mosey (again) Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 48 March 20th 08 11:16 AM
Purrs Needed for Mosey Again Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 7 March 3rd 08 11:34 AM
Mosey Update Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 8 February 16th 08 12:27 AM
PURRS needed for Mosey Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 21 February 14th 08 04:56 AM
UPDATE #3 Update #2 Update sigh (was Almost had a Ping-Brother (this would make cat #13)) Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 7 June 5th 07 10:41 PM