Do your cats hunt for greeblies?

Old July 13th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Do your cats hunt for greeblies?

Periodically I photograph and document the ongoing cat-related
nonsense at our house and send them to Flippy for her kitty website.
Here's the latest, about our three Girls' ongoing hunt for greeblies.
Do(es) your cat(s) also participate in this typically feline
endeavour?

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/huntingforgreeblies.html
Old July 13th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Bobcat wrote:
Periodically I photograph and document the ongoing cat-related
nonsense at our house and send them to Flippy for her kitty website.
Here's the latest, about our three Girls' ongoing hunt for greeblies.
Do(es) your cat(s) also participate in this typically feline
endeavour?

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/huntingforgreeblies.html

Lately, Sam has moved on from greeblings to moths. I don't know what
those moths have done to him, but he really gets worked up about them.

Their wings do give them an advantage over Sam. He's tried climbing and
leaping up smooth featureless walls (as well as the one that once had a
calendar), but that tactic isn't working well for him.

Climing the standing lamp to get at the moth lurking inside the shade
didn't work well either, especially as I was trying to read by the light
of the lamp at the time.

Poor Sam.

Cheryl
Old July 13th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Greeblings or greeblies?

On Jul 13, 8:14 am, "Cheryl P." wrote:
Lately, Sam has moved on from greeblings to moths.

I notice we've used different terms - "greeblies" and "greeblings". I
believe we're discussing the same creature which is only seen by cats.
If I've studied my greeblology properly, isn't a greeblie a smaller
version of a greebling? Greater minds than mine know if this is
correct, so I'll ask my cats!
Old July 13th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Bobcat wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
Here's the latest, about our three Girls' ongoing hunt for greeblies.

On Jul 13, 8:14 am, "Cheryl P." wrote:
Lately, Sam has moved on from greeblings to moths.

I notice we've used different terms - "greeblies" and "greeblings". I
believe we're discussing the same creature which is only seen by cats.
If I've studied my greeblology properly, isn't a greeblie a smaller
version of a greebling? Greater minds than mine know if this is
correct, so I'll ask my cats!

I thought they were merely alternative terms for the same entity - that
is, the one that a cat will stare fixedly at or hunt ferociously, but
which cannot be detected by mere humans.

Cheryl
Old July 13th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 13, 5:14*am, "Cheryl P." wrote:

Lately, Sam has moved on from greeblings to moths. I don't know what
those moths have done to him, but he really gets worked up about them.

Dunzi is the same about house flies-she can be curled up in the Sun
dead to the World and one flies past............She's demolished the
bedroom to get at it before now

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 13th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I thought they were merely alternative terms for the same entity - that
is, the one that a cat will stare fixedly at or hunt ferociously, but
which cannot be detected by mere humans.

Cheryl

Samuel Redcat suggests that greebling, greeblie, and greeble can be used
interchangeably as far as hoomin use goes. He says the distinction
between them is a little more complicated than most hoomins are capable
of distinguishing.

Dan
Old July 13th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Periodically I photograph and document the ongoing cat-related
nonsense at our house and send them to Flippy for her kitty website.
Here's the latest, about our three Girls' ongoing hunt for greeblies.
Do(es) your cat(s) also participate in this typically feline
endeavour?

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/huntingforgreeblies.html

You write that "Cats don't respect the privacy of humans." Too right. One
of the unofficial mottos around here is "You'll Never Pee Alone."

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 13th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I thought they were merely alternative terms for the same entity -
that is, the one that a cat will stare fixedly at or hunt
ferociously, but which cannot be detected by mere humans.

Cheryl

Samuel Redcat suggests that greebling, greeblie, and greeble can be
used interchangeably as far as hoomin use goes. He says the
distinction between them is a little more complicated than most
hoomins are capable of distinguishing.

Dan

Where was the beverage warning, Dan? :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 13th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

I thought they were merely alternative terms for the same entity -
that is, the one that a cat will stare fixedly at or hunt
ferociously, but which cannot be detected by mere humans.
Cheryl

Samuel Redcat suggests that greebling, greeblie, and greeble can be
used interchangeably as far as hoomin use goes. He says the
distinction between them is a little more complicated than most
hoomins are capable of distinguishing.
Dan

I consulted with the experts - my cats. They say that both of you and
Samuel Redcat are correct about the terminology. (BTW they want to
know if Samuel really is a cat.) But they tell me that there are other
subCATegories known only to cats - greebers, greebets, greeblers etc.
I asked if they'd describe them but they refused. They say that
hoomins already know too much about cat affairs.
Old July 13th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I consulted with the experts - my cats. They say that both of you and
Samuel Redcat are correct about the terminology. (BTW they want to
know if Samuel really is a cat.) But they tell me that there are other
subCATegories known only to cats - greebers, greebets, greeblers etc.
I asked if they'd describe them but they refused. They say that
hoomins already know too much about cat affairs.

Samuel Redcat
(http://www.smurgle.net/gallery/displ...om&cat=0&pos=-
2) says he didn't mention the other terms because he's never sure how
much he can disclose without violating the Kitty Code.