Mine coming-home day

Old July 9th 04, 12:41 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Default Mine coming-home day

I would like to take a moment out of our reception party to announce
that this is the first anniversary of mine coming-home day!

Last year in late June I was taked away from mine mamacat by some mean
hoomins and dumped in da street. I don't remember a lot about it, since
I was so little. What I do remember is dat I was dumped beside a parking
lot, next to a big hedge. I slept that first night under da hedge, all
cold and scared. Da next morning I heard people nearby! Dey was walking
by, going right by mine hedge. I would come out from under the hedge to
look at dem, then run back under da hedge when dey got too close.

Lots of doze people stopped and looked at me and talked to me, and one
of dem came back a couple minutes later wif a can of kitten food and a
bowl of water. Later in da day a bunch of people set out kitty food and
snacks. Over the next few days a bunch of people left food and water for
me and stopped to talk to me and tried to lure me out.

A few days later, on July 7, one of da hoomins picked up all of da cans
of food and set out a fresh can of food inside dis big metal fingy. I
checked it out carefully, and it didn't smell dangerous, so I went into
the fingy to eat the kitten food. While I was eating I heard somefing so
"slam" behind me, but I was too busy eating to see what it was. But a
minute later dis hoomin came walking toward me - and I COULDN'T GET OUT!
I was trapped! I screamed as loud as I could - HELP ME, HELP ME!

Dis hoomin put me into a metalmonster and taked me to mine first TED. Da
TED said I was a furry sick kitten, and gived me lots of shots and
fings. I stayed in a cage at the TED for two days. Den, on July 9, da
hoomin dat trapped me camed back and got me from da TED and taked me to
his home. He came wif a lady hoomin. When dey got me home dey taked me
into a small room (I later learned it was da bafroom), and dere I had
mine own food dish, and water dish, and litter box, and a folded towel
for a soft bed. When dey letted me out of da cage I got out and looked
around and saw what all was dere, and I figgered dat deze hoomins was
going to take good care of me. SO I climbed up on da guy hoomins lap and
leaned against him and purred and him petted me lots and lots.

I spent three weeks in dat little room, but I heard and smelled dat dere
was other kitties on da other side of da door. Da door to da little room
had a window cut in it, and da window was kept open wif a towel over it.
So after three weeks in da little room I waited until it sounded like
efurryone was asleep, den I climbed up a towel to da top of da towel
rack, walked over it to get as close to da door as I could, den I jumped
through da window. I followed da hoomin smells to where dey was
sleeping, den I climbed up da quilt and found da hoomin guy and curled
up on his chest to sleep. From dat day on I always slept wif mine hoomins.

Anyhow, today is da first anniversary of da day dat mine Paw and Meowmie
bringed me home from da TED.

Fangs, Paw and Meowmie!

Sammy

Old July 9th 04, 03:21 PM
Mlle. Anaïs

Happy Akwizition day, Sammy!

Dis is a furry important day fur uses kitteez, since it markz da day dat
a furless one tolded us dat dey luffs us enuff to make a commitment to us
fureffur, and gived us our onetroohome.

Ize so glad day you founds your onetroohome anna nice hoomanz to boot.
An I sleeps wit my furless one effurry nite too - wit my hed onna hiz pillow
rite nekst to mine!

You'ze a lucky kittee, Sammy! Concatulations!
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs

anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old July 10th 04, 06:31 AM
Rebecca

Happy akwizishun day, Sammy! Dat iz a furry inspurrashunal story. I wunder
how we cud git yur story to all da feral kitteez so dey wud know how much
bedder it iz to own hoomins.
---
Rebecca

Old July 10th 04, 07:48 AM
Sylvia M.

Aw jee Sammy, dat wuz uh lufferlee story bowt yur akwirink uh hoomin
famblee. Fangz fur shayering it wiff uz.

heerz uh meowzee fur yu...yu kud giff it tu tur hoominz if yu want tu.

X:3QQ~~~~~~~~

Luff,

Dyna

Old July 10th 04, 04:46 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Aw jee Sammy, dat wuz uh lufferlee story bowt yur akwirink uh hoomin
famblee. Fangz fur shayering it wiff uz.

heerz uh meowzee fur yu...yu kud giff it tu tur hoominz if yu want tu.

X:3QQ~~~~~~~~

Luff,

Dyna

Fangu, Dyna! I fink I'll share it wif mine winkwink - Paw is out on da
road again, and I don't fink Meowmie would appreciate the gift much.

Lilith, would you care to share a meowzee wif mineownself?

Sammy

Old July 10th 04, 04:47 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Happy akwizishun day, Sammy! Dat iz a furry inspurrashunal story. I wunder
how we cud git yur story to all da feral kitteez so dey wud know how much
bedder it iz to own hoomins.
---
Rebecca

Yes, I wish dere was a way. But we'd also have to let da feral kitties
know how to pick GOOD hoomins, and why it'z 'portant to do so.

Sammy

Old July 10th 04, 08:14 PM
ChildFree23

Fangu, Dyna! I fink I'll share it wif mine winkwink - Paw is
out on da
road again, and I don't fink Meowmie would appreciate the

gift much.

Lilith, would you care to share a meowzee wif mineownself?

[sniff sniff] Why, yes I would! Is it dead or alive?

Lilith Kitten-Mahoney

Old July 11th 04, 12:38 AM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

[sniff sniff] Why, yes I would! Is it dead or alive?

Lilith Kitten-Mahoney

I fink it'z alive. Let's see - I'll drop it and touch it wif mine paw...

Oh, it's moving! Yep, it'z alive!

Sammy

Old July 11th 04, 07:15 PM
ChildFree23

[sniff sniff] Why, yes I would! Is it dead or alive?

Lilith Kitten-Mahoney

I fink it'z alive. Let's see - I'll drop it and touch it wif

mine paw...

Oh, it's moving! Yep, it'z alive!

Sammy

[Lilith Kitten-Mahoney just sits there looking at the
half-dead mousie. She really has no idea what to do with it.]

Old July 12th 04, 05:45 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

[Lilith Kitten-Mahoney just sits there looking at the
half-dead mousie. She really has no idea what to do with it.]

I'z am not exactly experienced wif eatin fings dat move mineownself. Or
playin wif real mousies.

You other kitties - anybody want to play wif a real mousie?

Sammy Kitten