I like bookie

Old March 6th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default I like bookie

On 5 Mar, 01:32, "cybercat" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 5 Mar, 00:21, "cybercat" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

groups.com...

She knows I got her number too.

I truly hope not, but it would explain why the phone keeps ringing at
strange times of the night

and for the record! big women are far more appealing to real men.

actually I am not big, I am very short, about 5 ft 3 and as a
lightweight rower I not very wide either, I can't be more than 59kg
and race at 57 which is something like 120pounds? but am no willowy
wisp of a person cretainly, not going to be blow over by a strong
breeze any day i assure you.

You are cute as can be, from the photo I saw, and in great shape.
I might take up rowing just to get arms like that!

unfortunately it is probably those arms which put men off, oh well, I
have my cats and they are much better, even if they can't help me pay
the rent or take me to dinner (not that i have ever foudn a man who
will)

Honey, there has to be something wrong with the local men. There are lots of
men here who want strong, fit, athletic, no-nonsense SMART woman. Ever
thought about getting out of there? - Hide quoted text -

yes have thought about gettign out of here many times, this town is
not good for lookign for decent men, most of them are already married
anyway or are just looking for trophy wives to use for breeding
purposes, it is really quite backward and middle class here.
awfulplace this, noone has any colour or individuality, dreadful place

Old March 6th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 5 Mar, 10:53, "sheelagh" wrote:
On 5 Mar, 01:19, "Barry" wrote:

"Barry" wrote in message

roups.com...

Rhonda is passive, passive, aggressive.

see what I mean!

lol..

it's ok.. she'll pass on replying...

but she'll fix me up later...I can never refuse her constructive logic.
She never solicits a flame. Not that I would want to.

Barry

See, I told you I was right to start with.

Bookie is as pretty as she needs to be.
If a cat is happy on her lap, then she is the perfect catch for any
man..
Never mind the fact that she is an English Rose....
god I love being right, lol
S;o)- Hide quoted text -

well you see the problem is that i am too picky and not prepared to
change for anyone, nto now anyway, and so have to wait for someone who
will take me as i am which as you quite rightly state is with a cat on
my lap (except they won't sit on my laps).

Chaps rarely bother to change or improve themselves for the benefit
of any woman, they always think they are perfect the way they are and
we just have to make do, so therefore I think why on earth shoudl i
have to change myself for any bloke? it probably means I will die
single with only my cats to keep my warm a night (what a lovely
thought eh?!) but rather that than make myself miserable trying to
jump through hoops and constantly change myself to please some man who
will probably just run off with some dumb blonde at the first chance
anyway when i start getting grey hairs.

what do you think? My cats do not expect me to change and they accept
me for who I am, so no wonder i prefer their company to that of a man
whose only contribution to the world is to make every woman in it feel
totally and utterly insecure about the person she really is and
thoroughly miserable to boot.

anyway this has nothing to do with cat health and behaviour does it?
talk about going off on a tangent
bookie

Old March 6th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Mar 5, 8:37 pm, "bookie" wrote:

well you see the problem is that i am too picky and not prepared to
change for anyone, nto now anyway, and so have to wait for someone who
will take me as i am which as you quite rightly state is with a cat on
my lap (except they won't sit on my laps).

That's because you love your cat. When you "cleave" to a man, you're
cat is going to have a hissy. The good news is, you can have your cake
and eat it too. You don't have to give up your cat for the love and
care of a good man.

Chaps rarely bother to change or improve themselves for the benefit
of any woman,

On the surface I disagree, but in practice, I agree... change is hard
to come by.
Even when people want to change.

they always think they are perfect the way they are and
we just have to make do,

Maybe it's just demographics for you bookie, really!
For example, I moved to a large city once and the women there wouldn't
give me the time of day. However, in this country mountain town I live
in? I have to beat them off with a stick.

so therefore I think why on earth shoudl i
have to change myself for any bloke?

You shouldn't!

it probably means I will die
single with only my cats to keep my warm a night (what a lovely
thought eh?!) but rather that than make myself miserable trying to
jump through hoops and constantly change myself to please some man who
will probably just run off with some dumb blonde at the first chance
anyway when i start getting grey hairs.

I'm hearing two things, I think. 1. You need a man that understands
your love for you cat (but I know that wouldn't be a problem)... 2.
Men in general tend to think women should change to suit what they
like.

If it's THAT MUCH CHANGE, call the whole thing off.

Why does any relationship hinge on, you change!, no you change!
Short story, you just haven't met the right man for you.
That's no quick easy answer... It's just fact.

A woman who cares for the needs of her animal? What is there to change
about that?

Look for someone you can be passionate with, someone you can trust and
confide in, someone your heart can rest in.

what do you think? My cats do not expect me to change and they accept
me for who I am, so no wonder i prefer their company to that of a man
whose only contribution to the world is to make every woman in it feel
totally and utterly insecure about the person she really is and
thoroughly miserable to boot.

Who's doing that to you? Some guy? Kick his butt to the curb! You
don't need someone that puts you down.

So you really like this guy? Get over it, there's a million fish in
the sea.

My point is, with the right guy, you won't have any questions and no-
one can talk you out of it (not even your cat) that's love. As I say,
the good news is, you can have both! Why can't you and your possible
hubby both love the cat?

Like I say, when you really love someone, you won't have any of these
questions.
All these thoughts you have here? pfft! The fury and heat of love will
burn them all away.

bookie

Barry

Old March 6th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote

On the surface I disagree, but in practice, I agree... change is hard
to come by.
Even when people want to change.

The most important thing in a long-term mate, is not the fire and passion,
but
the comfort you feel to be exactly who you are. Nobody should have
to change in any major way. If they do, it's just not a good match.

so therefore I think why on earth shoudl i
have to change myself for any bloke?

You shouldn't!

Exactly.

it probably means I will die
single with only my cats to keep my warm a night (what a lovely
thought eh?!) but rather that than make myself miserable trying to
jump through hoops and constantly change myself to please some man who
will probably just run off with some dumb blonde at the first chance
anyway when i start getting grey hairs.

I'm hearing two things, I think. 1. You need a man that understands
your love for you cat (but I know that wouldn't be a problem)...

Not just her cat, her athleticism and independent mind.

2.
Men in general tend to think women should change to suit what they
like.

If it's THAT MUCH CHANGE, call the whole thing off.

I could not agree more. Passion is great, but you have to be comfortable
with a lifetime mate. Laughing together, and having most of the time be
pleasant and/or peaceful and harmonious are the most important things,
to me, anyway.

Who's doing that to you? Some guy? Kick his butt to the curb! You
don't need someone that puts you down.

Very true.

So you really like this guy? Get over it, there's a million fish in
the sea.

My point is, with the right guy, you won't have any questions and no-
one can talk you out of it (not even your cat) that's love. As I say,
the good news is, you can have both! Why can't you and your possible
hubby both love the cat?

Like I say, when you really love someone, you won't have any of these
questions.
All these thoughts you have here? pfft! The fury and heat of love will
burn them all away.

Here I disagree. That fury and heat are often just sexual chemistry. Real
love, the kind that lasts years, goes deeper.

The most important thing is, if it doesn't fit, you really cannot force it.
Whether it is a complimentary (two different types who balance one
another) or a kindred spirit kind of bond, there has to be peace and
harmony most of the time.

Bookie might do better in a larger city, she seems to be rather ahead
of the place where she lives.

Old March 6th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Mar 6, 12:14 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"Barry" wrote

On the surface I disagree, but in practice, I agree... change is hard
to come by.
Even when people want to change.

The most important thing in a long-term mate, is not the fire and passion,
but
the comfort you feel to be exactly who you are. Nobody should have
to change in any major way. If they do, it's just not a good match.

Who said they did? Not me!
You're preaching to the choir.

so therefore I think why on earth shoudl i
have to change myself for any bloke?

You shouldn't!

Exactly.

it probably means I will die
single with only my cats to keep my warm a night (what a lovely
thought eh?!) but rather that than make myself miserable trying to
jump through hoops and constantly change myself to please some man who
will probably just run off with some dumb blonde at the first chance
anyway when i start getting grey hairs.

I'm hearing two things, I think. 1. You need a man that understands
your love for you cat (but I know that wouldn't be a problem)...

Not just her cat, her athleticism and independent mind.

and your point is?

[...]

So... real love doesn't include deep satisfying sex? Not in my book! I
want it all, the whole enchilada. You make it sound like you can't
have both.

The most important thing is, if it doesn't fit, you really cannot force it.
Whether it is a complimentary (two different types who balance one
another) or a kindred spirit kind of bond, there has to be peace and
harmony most of the time.

Bookie might do better in a larger city, she seems to be rather ahead
of the place where she lives.

bookie appears to be extroverted, and she has been generous in sharing
her feelings, but... I don't know enough about her to make any hard
fast assertions.
She may be a country girl at heart. She may just want some hard
working country boy who is crazy about her. who knows!

but Thank you Mother Luv, always good to hear other healthy opinions.

Barry

Old March 6th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 6 Mar, 01:37, "bookie" wrote:
On 5 Mar, 10:53, "sheelagh" wrote:

On 5 Mar, 01:19, "Barry" wrote:

[...]