OT heaving...

Old August 22nd 03, 08:46 PM
Yoj

Default OT heaving...

Congratulations to Nathan! He is obviously very bright. It can be hard
to get bright kids motivated. The fact that he's taking advanced
courses two years early might help, especially if he gets something that
really interests him. Maybe you could appeal to his ego by mentioning
the fact that his getting an "A" in an advanced class, when many older
students can't do that, would be a feather in his cap.

Good luck! Raising gifted kids isn't easy, but it can be very
rewarding.

--
Joy

Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to automobiles. It won't
take the potholes out of the road, but it sure makes the ride smoother.
-- Barbara Johnson

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in
message ...
It's black eye time. Due to the maternal bosums heaving with pride.

Nathan took
GCSE astronomy two years early and he's passed (Grade C). Not the

highest pass,
but not the worst, and not bad for someone taking it two years early.

Not bad
either for someone who did very little work.... an hour a week in his

own time
after school... and not much in the way of revision (sigh...).

I'm letting him have a couple of days or so of basking in his

achievement and
then will do the "I'm very proud of you and imagine what you can

achieve if you
did more work/revision!" as I don't want him thinking that he can now

sail
through the rest of his GCSEs/GNVQ by doing very little work!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Old August 23rd 03, 04:29 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Concatulations Nathen!! Has this cost you more money Helen? :-)

Thanks Adrian - undoubtly it will cost me dear ;-) No reward was promised, but
Vernon & I have decided to get him *something* just not sure what, as yet.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 23rd 03, 08:50 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

A KITTEN ;-)

just kidding, but first thing I thought of when I read this

Hah! As much as I love cats, three permanent feline residents in the household
is sufficient for the moment. He'll probably end up egtting *something* for his
bike, such as proper tribars or a rear disk wheel... just don't tell him that
;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 24th 03, 12:01 AM
Sam Nash

Congratulations, Nathan and Helen. Not sure what the four-letter-acronyms
are for, but I can tell a Proud Momma a block away!
Sam

Old August 24th 03, 08:08 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Congratulations, Nathan and Helen. Not sure what the four-letter-acronyms
are for, but I can tell a Proud Momma a block away!
Sam

Thanks Sam :-)

Cheers, helen s