What happened to Pete?

Old June 10th 05, 09:02 AM
mystro

Default What happened to Pete?

I've had Pete for about a year now,he was 1yo when I got him and we
quickly bonded but about 2 months ago I adopted another 1yo male we
named Fred. Pete seems to have let Fred be the boss even though he is
larger of the two..fred is very active much more then pete and they
love to have their wrestling matches. My question is, pete seems
alittle more stand-offish and doesn't seem fazed that fred has taken
over..pete will watch fred play with toys but he himself will no longer
play even with his old toys which fred immediately will grab because
pete holds back. They both seem very friendly to-wards each other but
there are times when fred asserts his dominance even though he weights
less and is smaller..he seems more streetsmart whereas pete is layed
back. How can I get pete more active playing with his old toys..do I
need to separate them when I play. Is all this normal behavior or
rather cat normal?

Old June 10th 05, 09:09 AM
mystro

Here's a picture of Pete..does he look unhappy?

http://pictures06.aim.com/NASApp/ygp/PictureCenter.ygp

Old June 10th 05, 10:12 AM
IBen Getiner

mystro wrote:
[...]

What are you so worried about? They're both Tom cats, so establishing a
hierarchy is quite a normal thing for them indeed. Why do you assume
Pete is not as happy as he ever was? He may like getting bossed around.
Look... At least they're not at each other's throats. Count that much
as a blessing. If you want Pete to be as he once was, then ... get rid
of Fred! It's that simple. Otherwise, good luck in trying to alter a
system that's been going on longer than I care to mention. It's called
'nature' by the way...
IBen Getiner

Old June 10th 05, 02:00 PM
Karen

in article , mystro at
wrote on 6/10/05 3:09AM:

Here's a picture of Pete..does he look unhappy?

http://pictures06.aim.com/NASApp/ygp/PictureCenter.ygp

Give them time. Can you post this elsewhere? I can't get to the picture. You
might also consider getting a Feliway diffuser to offset "introduction"
stress. Really give Pete LOTS of attention in front of Fred. Play with both
individually as well as together. Give praise and treats together. (Ignore
IBen; a known troll to the group.)

Old June 10th 05, 02:13 PM
Philip

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , mystro
at
wrote on 6/10/05 3:09AM:

Here's a picture of Pete..does he look unhappy?

http://pictures06.aim.com/NASApp/ygp/PictureCenter.ygp

Give them time. Can you post this elsewhere? I can't get to the picture.

snip

Agreed. The above link sends you to the Kodak Picture Center utility for
making an album.

Old June 12th 05, 02:21 AM
mystro

Sorry bout that..hope this link will show Pete:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t/P1010003.jpg

Old June 13th 05, 10:00 PM
mystro

Karen wrote:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...t/P1010003.jpg

Whoa!!!! GOrgeous~

I agree..my first cat,I picked up his companion 2 months ago so
he'dremain happy and contented and I'm learning (thanks to this
wonderful group)how not to be overly worried about them but keep a
watchful eye on them.