My apology

Old January 29th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatArtist

Default My apology

I am so very sorry that I've offended some with my first post inviting
you all to our blog. Yes, we are going to set up a business offering
artwork to cat lovers, which I thought would be of interest to
newsgroups about cats, but my primary reason for joining the groups is
that I love cats, I rescue cats, and until I started our blog I had no
idea there was such a cat community on the Web. As a cat lover I was
just excited about becoming a part of it.

I've been going to the four or five groups I joined tonight to post a
message introducing my cats, but I probably shouldn't do that here. I
guess I didn't understand that it wasn't proper for a new member to
mention a blog about their cats. Again, I apologize, and since my
membership is causing some discomfort, I will unsubscribe from the
group.

Sorry,
Sharolyn

Old January 29th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when CatArtist wrote:

I've been going to the four or five groups I joined tonight to
post a message introducing my cats, but I probably shouldn't
do that here. I guess I didn't understand that it wasn't
proper for a new member to mention a blog about their
cats. Again, I apologize, and since my membership is causing
some discomfort, I will unsubscribe from the group.

Actually, it is your clueless attempt to inject a commercial sales attempt
into the group.

There is nothing wrong with ANYONE mentioning their cat-based blog here,
new or otherwise. If the URL is to an actual cat based blog, and not to a
sales brochure, that is great. If you have a cat based blog, and it has a
link to your sales page, that is great. If the URL, or your posts here are
nothing more than an attempt to sell us something, we generally get ****ed
off at your blatant disregard for the main focus of the group - our cats.

It is good that you have cat related artwork. I wish you luck. But we are
not a captive market to be exploited in your attempts to find cheap
advertising.

Please feel free to introduce your cats, and be part of our community.
Feel free to put a .sig on your cat related posts, saying "we have cat
artwork at http://blah.blah.com" if you like. Some of us may even check it
out.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old January 29th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

Ditto everything Mark said. It didn't appear you wanted to talk about your
cats, it appeared you wanted to sell us stuff. Since this is a
non-commercial newsgroup that's considered SPAM and is not welcome.

OB Cats: It's 20F outside and Persia has the zoomies

Jill

Old January 29th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatArtist

Mark & Jill,

Gosh, I'm having a hard time believing this! I don't know what else I
can say. I'm just a cat lover who has 15 rescued cats in residence
right now, and I thought the best way to introduce them all was to
invite you to visit their blog. I've joined many groups and posted on
many blogs, and in no instance but this one have I been blasted as
"clueless," "exploitative," etc. -- even after I've apologized. Our
blog does have one post about the cat portraits my sister does,
primarily as a way to raise urgently-needed money for cat rescue
organizations, but overall it's a celebration of my cherished kitties.
Of the thousands of people who have visited our new blog, not a single
one has ever reacted negatively.

Maybe newcomers just aren't easily accepted here, or maybe I really am
clueless - I admit I'm rather stunned at what has happened. But we've
gotten off to such a hostile beginning that I don't think I could ever
feel comfortable here, so after one last attempt to apologize, I'll
unsubscribe and stay in friendlier territory. Please believe that the
furthest thing from my mind was to offend or anger anyone, nor did I
join this group with "blatant disregard" for its focus on cats or to
find "cheap advertising." Now I think I'll go snuggle up with my
kitties and try to forget all this unpleasantness. :-(

Sharolyn

Old January 29th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 28 Jan 2007 17:40:20 -0800, "CatArtist"
wrote:

I am so very sorry that I've offended some with my first post inviting
you all to our blog. Yes, we are going to set up a business offering
artwork to cat lovers, which I thought would be of interest to
newsgroups about cats, but my primary reason for joining the groups is
that I love cats, I rescue cats, and until I started our blog I had no
idea there was such a cat community on the Web. As a cat lover I was
just excited about becoming a part of it.

I've been going to the four or five groups I joined tonight to post a
message introducing my cats, but I probably shouldn't do that here. I
guess I didn't understand that it wasn't proper for a new member to
mention a blog about their cats. Again, I apologize, and since my
membership is causing some discomfort, I will unsubscribe from the
group.

Introduce first... advertise later. Of course we want to hear about
your adventures with fifteen cats... and we'll probably visit your
blog too - but we're a thousand times more likely to go there if we
know who you are and have read some of your cat stories etc first than
if you just come along and post a link.
Old January 29th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I can answer about that I checked the other newsgroups I belong to most all
of them. This is the most active with an higher average of post

oups.com...

Old January 30th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Also Sharolyn you post appeared as spam which is a huge no no in this
group.
As another poster pointed out you should have told us about your rescue blog
than before the other sales part

You are welcome here with your stories at anytime

Old January 30th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

Let me assure you, you're not the first person to offend the
regulars on this group. I've also had that honor.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...

Old January 30th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatArtist

Well, Matthew, I don't HAVE a sales site! All I have is a parked
domain for a site that late this year will offer artwork done by my
sister and I to raise funds for both a local and a national animal
rescue organization. The only thing I have is the blog we've started
about our 15 rescued cats, and that's what I mentioned in my first
post to the group. I thought your group would enjoy our blog as much
as all our other visitors have. We've given each of our cats a
position in our upcoming "company" depending on their unique
personalities and the blog is written primarily by the kitties. For
instance, my 17-year old formerly feral Callie is the cranky old
"catministrative assistant" (she was part of a litter that took refuge
in our garage and we tamed and kept them all); our tail-less wonder
Oscar is the "maintenance manx"; our two giant boys Atlas and Somber
are the official corporate bookends and paperweights; my beautiful
little ragdoll Lucy is the corporate spokesmodel ... and so on. And
Rocky, our CEO (Cat Executive Officer) was rescued at 1 day old when a
raccoon killed his stray mother and littermates. I bottle fed him so
he has no clue that he's a cat and he definitely runs the show around
here.

I've had such fun writing the blog and posting tons of pics of our
kitties, but since I joined here I've been made to feel that its no
better than spam. But it isn't. It's an expression of the overwhelming
love I feel for these entertaining little furballs, a way to tell
their stories and show them to the world, and our hope is that it will
lead to helping rescue organizations find loving homes like ours for
the millions of strays out there who need them so desperately.

I guess I'm wondering why I even want to be a member of a group that
is so quick to insult new members, and closes its mind to something
that is fun, entertaining, and helps cats in need -- before anyone
even takes the time to check it out! I have to tell you, taming feral
cats is a breeze compared to joining this group!

Sharolyn

Also Sharolyn *you post appeared as spam which is a huge no no in this
group.
As another poster pointed out you should have told us about your rescue blog
than before the other sales part

You are welcome here with your stories at anytime

"Matthew" wrote in om...

I can answer about that I checked the other newsgroups I belong to most all
of them. *This is the most active with an higher average of post

"CatArtist" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Word of apology (concerning Boy I hope this Works!) Singh Cat anecdotes 41 April 13th 05 04:21 PM
Diety cat photo - apology to Baha Susan M Cat anecdotes 23 January 10th 05 08:24 PM
An apology Bobcat Cat anecdotes 4 September 3rd 04 12:49 PM
APOLOGY TO THE GROUP!!!!! Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 18 July 9th 04 03:30 PM
OT - An 'apology' to the M.E. Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 July 6th 04 02:15 PM