Does diet food make *that* much of a diff?

Old April 24th 04, 06:39 AM
Karen M.

F. Cauther Prinze wrote:
I'm thinking of putting my cats on diet Innova wet, off regular Innova
wet. But should I? It'd be a preventative measure, nothing more.

If you cats are not overweight, I wouldn't worry about it. Just make
sure you're not overfeeding them (I know, easier said than done). It
takes a bit of trial and error, but you want to find a good amount that
keeps them at a healthy weight. Generally, the recommendations from the
company are too much. I would cut that by at least 1/4 if not 1/3. Diet
foods generally have more fiber, some are experimenting with a more
"Atkins" approach. But I would stick with the regular if at all possible.

Karen

Old April 24th 04, 06:41 AM
Karen M.

MIKE wrote:

I use the Innova dry as a snack (I prefer them to eat the Wellness
canned). In an effort to control Tiger's weight, I tried some samples
of Innova lite (dry). The problem is Tiger likes it too much. Instead
of snacking, he tries to eat it all up at once. So I use it as a treat.

-MIKE

My kitties actually love the Wellness dry, and I have to switch the
Wellness canned with others to keep them interested. They get fussier
with the wet food. Darn cats... They didn't seem to like Innova very
much, they looooove Precise wet, but I don't think it's as healthy as
the Wellness so we constantly battle...

Karen