to feed or not to feed visiting cat

Old September 23rd 03, 03:06 PM
MaryL

"Alison" wrote in message

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

Any jerk who allows their cat to roam outside and provides no ID

protection for
the cat doesn't deserve the cat.

Excuse me?, I allow my cat to *roam * as you like to call it and I
don't believe I'm a jerk . I don't have a collar on Kim because I
believe they are dangerous , she is also allergic . She is
microchipped .

Alison

Once again, part of the problem in differences in outlook may stem from some
people posting from the US (where many of us feel it is dangerous to let a
cat roam) and others posting from the UK (where it is very common to leave
cats outside). Of course, not everyone "fits" within these categories in
either location.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Old September 23rd 03, 03:08 PM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
I have a question. How would the people who pinned the note on the
cat, implying they had no first hand knowledge of who was feeding it,
know that someone was feeding it in the first place?

That's what I wondered, too. I also vote theOP should continue to feed the

thin
kitty.
Sherry

I wondered about that, too. And as someone else said, as long as the cat is
on the OP's property, how would anyone know the cat wasn't simply getting
into another cat's food? Unless there have been some "conversations" among
neighbors??

MaryL

Old September 23rd 03, 05:49 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:38:37 +0100, "Alison"
wrote:

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

Any jerk who allows their cat to roam outside and provides no ID

protection for
the cat doesn't deserve the cat.

Excuse me?, I allow my cat to *roam * as you like to call it and I
don't believe I'm a jerk . I don't have a collar on Kim because I
believe they are dangerous , she is also allergic . She is
microchipped .

. For someone to put a collar on the

cat for the sheer purpose of pinning a note demanding that the good

neighbor
STOP feeding the cat is unacceptable.

It's totally acceptable if you don't know who is feeding the cat .
Kim is on a special diet and I would do the same if I suspected
someone was feeding her.

This is reinforced even more because the

cat did not appear to be well fed in the first place.

Yes, *appears * being the operative word. Many indoor cats are over
weight so a normal cat looks thin to them .
Alison

There are no outward signs to indicate an animal is microchipped.
How would anyone know it wasn't lost or strayed.? A cat needs a
collar and obvious ID IMO.