Millie Update (was Post-spay not eating)

Old September 17th 04, 02:26 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Darkchild" wrote in message
Millie's fight with her disease ended today - I had to make the horrible
decision to put her to sleep. She began convulsions and was in a
vegitative state.

I appeaciate all of your advice about seeing her - I made the decision
to see her on Monday night after reading your posts. Unfortunately I had
to be out of town on a job yeasterday and planned to speed over to the
vet this afternoon. The vet and I were in constant contact - I really
wanted to get to her but she just couldn't hold out. I can't believe I
didn't get to say goodbye.

The vet is going to go over everything with me tomorrow so I can better
understand what went on. Her kittens are still unadopted and I want to
make sure that if it's heredity they are protected too.

I feel so terribly, horribly guilty on so many levels - but I know this
was all for the best. She was an adorable sweet friend who was
well-behaved and had a very special personality. She loved to plop on my
chest in the morning and reach out her paw to touch my face to say
'hello'. When she was really tired - she would sleep on her back with
her front paws in the air with her little tongue sticking out. And she
loved to play hide and seek.

I miss her terribly eventhough our time was short together. I hope I
made a little bit of a difference in her life. And learning what all of
you know - how having a furry friend in your life makes it all that more
enriched - is a priceless lesson.

Thank you once again for reading. You are a great group, very kind and
helpful. I hope I'll be back reading in the future one day.

Thanks again,
DC

While I'm glad that you had the chance to know Millie - who sounds like she
was such a sweetie!, I'm so sorry that she had such an unexpectedly short
life. Which of course brings grief for you.

Cathy