Taking In Our 6th Stray Cat

Old March 17th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Taking In Our 6th Stray Cat

"Arubalisa" wrote in message
ups.com...
One word...WOW! What a gorgeous kitty!

Thanks- She knows it, too! lol. http://maxshouse.com/Ours/Suggie-Oggie.jpg

__
http://www.hoosierkitties.com Resource Links for You About Your Cat

Old March 17th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"CatNipped" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Buddy" wrote in message
oups.com...

What about naming her Sugar?

Sugar is a great name for a white female:

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/sugar-5-12-05-4.jpg

Except for the blue eyes, she looks just like my Demi.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...PrettyDemi.jpg

Demi's eyes look bluer than Sugar's:

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/Suggie-Oggie.jpg

Old March 17th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Buddy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Phil

She is beautiful! How old is she?

Eight years old- but she still acts like a kitten.

I'm convinced her behavioral problems were caused by her previous owners
because since she's been with me she's been a real sweetheart.

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/sugar-5-12-05-4.jpg

Old March 17th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Buddy" wrote in message
oups.com...

What about naming her Sugar?

Sugar is a great name for a white female:

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/sugar-5-12-05-4.jpg

Except for the blue eyes, she looks just like my Demi.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...PrettyDemi.jpg

Demi's eyes look bluer than Sugar's:

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/Suggie-Oggie.jpg

That's just a weird quirk of the camera flash - her eyes are really
yellow-gold:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...tnDCP_2060.jpg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 18th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Phil P." wrote in message
> [...]

I think the cat
hierarchy is more like a wheel- rather than like a ladder as with dogs.
There's really no alpha cat- they just seem to time share the hub at the
center of the wheel. lol///

I definitely have an alpha cat in this house - he rules it with an iron
paw and he dishes out discipline as he sees fit. Of course... it has no
effect on the girls, who are like "WHAT-EVer!" when he tries to tell
them he's boss! ;o)

Interestingly enough, I do have a hierarchy within the house, and I love
watching my kitten interact with the older cats. She knows exactly how
far she can go with each of them, and what each one will tolerate before
she gets walloped by an annoyed paw.

Helen M

Old March 18th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:6c09f61bc8f629df6fa857e8ff86098c.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Phil P." wrote in message

I think the cat
hierarchy is more like a wheel- rather than like a ladder as with dogs.
There's really no alpha cat- they just seem to time share the hub at the
center of the wheel. lol///

I definitely have an alpha cat in this house - he rules it with an iron
paw and he dishes out discipline as he sees fit. Of course... it has no
effect on the girls, who are like "WHAT-EVer!" when he tries to tell
them he's boss! ;o)

Interestingly enough, I do have a hierarchy within the house, and I love
watching my kitten interact with the older cats. She knows exactly how
far she can go with each of them, and what each one will tolerate before
she gets walloped by an annoyed paw.

Hiya Helen,

I love to watch how differently the cats in the shelter formed their little
community from my feral colonies. I can't really say there're any true
alpha cats. They just seem to time share the center seat. lol

Still working with FS Grampia?

Phil

Old March 18th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:

Hiya Helen,

ned flanders wanna be

Still working with FS Grampia?

like you give a rip! where's your wife at man...omg! "honey ill be in
there in a min"

Phil

Old March 18th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Sat 18 Mar 2006 12:28:59a, Miami Jones wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1142659739.294222.142680
@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com):

Still working with FS Grampia?

like you give a rip!

Read up. The cats Helen works with are rare. Of course Phil cares.
http://www.bigcats.org/swc/

--
Cheryl
Old March 18th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Phil P." wrote in message

Hiya Helen,

I love to watch how differently the cats in the shelter formed their little
community from my feral colonies. I can't really say there're any true
alpha cats. They just seem to time share the center seat. lol

Still working with FS Grampia?

I'm not working with F.S.Grampia in the field at the moment - I'm in the
process of starting a new project. We're looking into something to do
with skull morphometrics next year. I'm currently on feral trapping mode
as spring is on its way!

The one thing I find fascinating about my house crew, is the fact they
all have their defined "spots" and time share a favourite bed or
favoured spot. For example, in the morning Pandora is in her spotted bed
on the sofa in the morning sun. In the afternoon, Robbie has the bed and
the afternoon sun. Cleo has her bed under my bed in the bedroom, and no
other cat shares it. Tiger has his bed on the bookshelf and no one is
allowed to use it, but the bed next to it is used by everyone else at
different times - kind of like a comunal bed. And each cat is fed in a
different spot in the kitchen, and if I try to swap them around and feed
them at soemone elses spot, they leave that dish and wait in their
special place.

There are definite dynamics within the household.

Helen M

Old March 18th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Buddy" wrote in message
oups.com...

What about naming her Sugar?

Sugar is a great name for a white female:

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/sugar-5-12-05-4.jpg///

Wasn't Sugar your lass with the pee-ing problem because some a$$hole
declawed her and then threw her away when she developed "inappropriate
behaviour"?

She's gorgeous!

Helen M