bladder problems

Old March 19th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default bladder problems

To find Wellness dealers go to http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com and
scroll down to the bottom to find the dealer locator block.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old March 19th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thanks to all of you for your help. My vet said Nutro should be good,
but I have not been able to find it. Does anyone have any eperience
with Nutro.
Thank you all so much, Erm

Old March 20th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thanks to all of you for your help. My vet said Nutro should be good,
but I have not been able to find it. Does anyone have any eperience
with Nutro.

Contact Nutro and ask them:

1. What the magnesium, phosphorus and calcium is on a "dry matter" basis
(*not* guaranteed analysis on bag)
2. What is the target urine p/h?

If they can't, or wont' provide this info to you, then I would not deal with
them.

Once you get the info, go to the Hill's site and compare the two. You should
be feeding the one with the lower mineral content and a target urine p/h of 6.
2-6.4 (normal acid). I don't know what kind of vet you have but all of this
is common knowledge to people who have cats that have bladder problems so a
vet should definitely know this. I agree, it's time for a second opinion.

Anna

Old March 22nd 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hi guys. Missy went to the vet today and he said her bladder was 80%
back to normal and still thinks Nutro is good. I bought dry and the
magnesium content is .085 and also pouches with a .038 magnesium
content. Is this considered good? I also ordered Hills dry and canned
which should arrive in a few days. He said her ph is fine and if the
problem happens again, he'll do further tests. He told me the tests
were not necessary at this point and that her remaining 20% bladder
thickness should go away soon. By the way the blood in her urine went
away after two days of antibiotics. Any thoughts and advice?
Thank you all so much for your help and kindness. I'm grateful to all of
you for caring. Thanks again, Erm