RPCA "Guardians"?

Old December 14th 04, 02:20 PM
jmcquown

Default RPCA "Guardians"?

Okay, if we're worried about posters going missing, how about we have
designated "guardians" who check up on us if we go missing without notice?

I always tell you when I'm going out of town with my long-lost. If I were
to disappear without any notice for a couple of weeks or a month, it might
be nice for someone to call and find out if I'm lying in the bathtub packed
in ice with a kidney missing. (teasing) Also to check on Persia and my
bird. No, I don't have family who would bother and since I'm unemployed
it's not uncommon my car is parked outside my apartment without moving for a
few days.

Anyone want to be my rpca "guardian"? I'll volunteer to be someone's

OB Cats: It's hit low temps for the year and Persia snuggled extra close
last night, letting me hold her paws (!) and laying her soft little head on
my hand. She's so nice and warm. I love snuggling with her and listening
to and feeling her purr. I'm grateful she lets me!

Jill

Old December 14th 04, 02:56 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

jmcquown wrote:
Okay, if we're worried about posters going missing, how about we have
designated "guardians" who check up on us if we go missing without
notice?

I always tell you when I'm going out of town with my long-lost. If I
were to disappear without any notice for a couple of weeks or a
month, it might be nice for someone to call and find out if I'm lying
in the bathtub packed in ice with a kidney missing. (teasing) Also
to check on Persia and my bird. No, I don't have family who would
bother and since I'm unemployed it's not uncommon my car is parked
outside my apartment without moving for a few days.

Anyone want to be my rpca "guardian"? I'll volunteer to be someone's

Weeble will volunteer, if only for a chance to go visit *his* Persia (where
they will play with mousies, wash each other's faces, explore the kittywalk
together, curl up together in the yin/yang poistion, and laugh at the
stupid birdie and it's baths).

OB Cats: It's hit low temps for the year and Persia snuggled extra
close last night, letting me hold her paws (!) and laying her soft
little head on my hand. She's so nice and warm. I love snuggling
with her and listening to and feeling her purr. I'm grateful she
lets me!

Jill

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old December 14th 04, 03:03 PM
Julie Cook

jmcquown wrote:

Okay, if we're worried about posters going missing, how about we have
designated "guardians" who check up on us if we go missing without notice?

We did this a few years ago and I think its a wonderful idea. Several
years ago when Dave Y was hospitalized Patti knew we would all be
worried and she came on line to let us know what was happening. I'm not
so sure my DH would think to do the same or know the importance of doing
it (at least until he missed the holiday cards). I'll happily exchange
information with you Jill if you'd like.

Julie

Old December 14th 04, 03:35 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
Anyone want to be my rpca "guardian"? I'll volunteer to be someone's

Why not compile a global list of names and telephone numbers (including
perhaps a neighbor's or relative's number?) in one location? That way we
all share in the responsibility and there's no risk of someone being
left out.
We can setup a file in catslaves that is only accessible to members,
that way we dont' get trolls or spammers.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 14th 04, 03:41 PM
Sherry

We can setup a file in catslaves that is only accessible to members,
that way we dont' get trolls or spammers.

--
Victor Martine

I think it's a really good idea to have a file, but how secure is catslaves?
I'm not wiggy about my own personal info., I don't mind posting that, but I"m
not sure about relatives/friends' information. Maybe an e-mail file, like Pam
did the Christmas list?

Sherry
Old December 14th 04, 04:52 PM
Karen

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
Anyone want to be my rpca "guardian"? I'll volunteer to be someone's

Why not compile a global list of names and telephone numbers (including
perhaps a neighbor's or relative's number?) in one location? That way we
all share in the responsibility and there's no risk of someone being
left out.
We can setup a file in catslaves that is only accessible to members,
that way we dont' get trolls or spammers.

This would be a great idea. I know I would feel better. It's very
conceivable that if something happened to me, no one would know and it is a
worry for me.

Old December 14th 04, 05:22 PM
Tanada

jmcquown wrote:

Okay, if we're worried about posters going missing, how about we have
designated "guardians" who check up on us if we go missing without notice?

I always tell you when I'm going out of town with my long-lost. If I were
to disappear without any notice for a couple of weeks or a month, it might
be nice for someone to call and find out if I'm lying in the bathtub packed
in ice with a kidney missing. (teasing) Also to check on Persia and my
bird. No, I don't have family who would bother and since I'm unemployed
it's not uncommon my car is parked outside my apartment without moving for a
few days.

What an EXCELLENT idea, Jill.

The main problem I personally have is that it is not unusual for me to
drop off the face of the earth for up to a week or so, depending on my
health. I do have caring hubby and kids to take care of such details,
but there are a lot who do not. I think it should be a personal choice
of the poster whether or not they want or need a personal guardian.

If I've been gone for more than a few weeks, I would appreciate someone
checking to find out where to find the body. I'm also willing to do for
someone else if they should desire. Just email me (take out the
obvious) and we can set up a reciprocal system.

I'm so pleased with such a simple and elegant solution to the problem of
disappearing posters. We can call it a Missing Posters Bureau.

Pam S. wanting to be a detective of the MPB

Old December 14th 04, 05:24 PM
Tanada

Sherry wrote:

I think it's a really good idea to have a file, but how secure is catslaves?
I'm not wiggy about my own personal info., I don't mind posting that, but I"m
not sure about relatives/friends' information. Maybe an e-mail file, like Pam
did the Christmas list?

OH NO!!! You ain't nailing me with that one. I'm planning on resigning
as the Christmas List Compiler. Some one can have my files for next year.

Pam S. still putting off sending out her cards...

Old December 14th 04, 06:36 PM
Christina Websell

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

If you live with someone and have kids to check up on you, you probably
wouldn't need this.
There are quite a few people who post here live alone, and not in constant
touch with family. Anything could happen to them and who would know except
wondering why no reply on the phone for a fortnight. And leaving it for a
bit longer in case you are out every night enjoying yourself.

How about this? We each of us at risk have two or three people who note
whether we post in the last.. whatever, week or less? More than one person,
obviously, in case someone drops off the group and isn't checking.

Dunno whether it might be best to have a "partner" to do this for each
other, or post on the group within an agreed time span.
What do you all think?

Tweed

Old December 14th 04, 07:11 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
We can setup a file in catslaves that is only accessible to members,
that way we dont' get trolls or spammers.

--
Victor Martine

I think it's a really good idea to have a file, but how secure is
catslaves? I'm not wiggy about my own personal info., I don't mind
posting that, but I"m not sure about relatives/friends' information.
Maybe an e-mail file, like Pam did the Christmas list?

Sherry

I've never been to catslaves. I see references to it here on occasion but
have no idea where it is or how to get there. At any rate, I'd rather just
give you folks the number for contacting me and perhaps my apartment office
in case my phone goes unanswered.

Jill

RPCA History Yowie Cat anecdotes 74 September 4th 04 10:32 PM
RPCA accessible on the net CK Cat anecdotes 3 August 13th 04 05:51 AM
RPCA to be managed by PETA Marina Cat anecdotes 5 April 2nd 04 01:54 AM