OT Ping our mexican cooks

Old July 10th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Ping our mexican cooks

Hey a friend wants me to make Chiles rellenos But he wants meat
I have only done ones with Monterey Jack cheese and long horn

is steak pork or chicken which is a better choice he will eat anything

if it is steak which would be a good cut to use. I want to make this as
authentic as I can

this is the recipe I have made before except I use fresh green chilies from
the whole market when I did this Mexican cuisine

2 (7 ounce) cans whole green Chile peppers, drained
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
8 ounces Longhorn cheese, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish
with cooking spray.
Lay half of the chilies evenly in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with half
of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chilies. In a
bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over the top of the
chilies.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, pour tomato
sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes. Sprinkle
with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and serve.

Old July 10th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Matthew wrote:
if it is steak which would be a good cut to use. I want to make this as
authentic as I can

Tex-mex authentic or real-mex authentic? For both, the meat filling is
made with ground beef, not steak. A quick google search found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chiles-Rellenos

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 10th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Victor Martinez wrote:
Tex-mex authentic or real-mex authentic? For both, the meat filling is
made with ground beef, not steak. A quick google search found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chiles-Rellenos

I should expand on that. The most common chiles rellenos in Mexico are
stuffed with either cheese or "picadillo" (seasoned ground beef).
However, there are also peppers stuffed with all kinds of other things,
from chicken to shrimp, I've had crab too.
The most famous (and to me, the ultimate mexican dish, if done properly)
are the chiles en nogada. I particularly like my mom's recipe for those,
which I've posted here before, I think.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 10th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

I HAVE got to stop reading your recipies! This monitor is less than 6
months old! And I dribble rather a lot when I see your recipies

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 10th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
if it is steak which would be a good cut to use. I want to make this as
authentic as I can

Tex-mex authentic or real-mex authentic? For both, the meat filling is
made with ground beef, not steak. A quick google search found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chiles-Rellenos

My neighborhood has taken a giant step towards civilization. I saw fresh
cilantro in the supermarket this morning.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 10th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

smile

well it doesn't take a lot to wonder why after the big 'D" why I got big

Old July 10th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

thanks Victor I have only made the stuffed cheese ones. I asked him what
was in it before but he wanted something like his mom made and he could not
remember what type of beef it was.

I think I will give him a surprise there is a deer farm that sells to a
local meat market not to far away I will use ground venison instead of
ground beef that aught to make the recipe interesting and little more
healthier

Old July 10th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Matthew wrote:
if it is steak which would be a good cut to use. I want to make this as
authentic as I can

Tex-mex authentic or real-mex authentic? For both, the meat filling is
made with ground beef, not steak. A quick google search found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chiles-Rellenos

My neighborhood has taken a giant step towards civilization. I saw fresh
cilantro in the supermarket this morning.

Great! I heard on the news last night that the continuing salmonella
out-break here in th U.S (which they were originally blaming on raw
tomatoes) is now being attributed to a couple kinds of chile peppers and
cilantro!
Old July 10th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Matthew wrote:
if it is steak which would be a good cut to use. I want to make this
as authentic as I can
Tex-mex authentic or real-mex authentic? For both, the meat filling is
made with ground beef, not steak. A quick google search found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chiles-Rellenos

My neighborhood has taken a giant step towards civilization. I saw fresh
cilantro in the supermarket this morning.

Great! I heard on the news last night that the continuing salmonella
out-break here in th U.S (which they were originally blaming on raw
tomatoes) is now being attributed to a couple kinds of chile peppers and
cilantro!

Could be. I kept right on eating fresh tomatoes and hadn't got sick-- for
goodness sake, what's the point of summer without fresh pico de gallo and
tomato vinaigrette? So I'll wash that cilantro as well as I can, and--
well, I'll let you all know. :O

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 10th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Jul 10, 2:07*pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
Could be. *I kept right on eating fresh tomatoes and hadn't got sick-- for
goodness sake, *what's the point of summer without fresh pico de gallo and
tomato vinaigrette? *So I'll wash that cilantro as well as I can, and-- *
well, I'll let you all know. :O

If you're an adult with a healthy immune system, salmonella poisoning
is not something to worry too much about.

Cheers.

Victor