The boy-cat's Not An Adventure

Old February 3rd 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

Default The boy-cat's Not An Adventure

[At Cleo's mountain retreat a large group of boycats is gathering on the
west lawn. Boycats, some companion dogs, and large piles of exploring
gear can be seen all over. Tiger and Sammy haul a large barbeque grill
and big fan over to the pile of rocks Ranger had been scrambling on, then
they light the grill and load it with a well-marinated turkey. The fan is
set blowing over the top of the grill towards the rocks.

Some of the mancats curl up to nap in the sun, others climb up and down
pine trees, other sit talking. Tiger and Sammy sit patiently by the grill
watching the turkey roast. Finally, just as the sun is preparing to set,
they see movement at the base of the rocks. Several forms can be seen
moving in the shadows. Finally a large orange cat emerges from the rocks
and approaches Sammy and Tiger.]

Meow, masters Tiger and Samuel. It is good to see you again. We are quite
pleased that you have kept our secret all these years. In fact, we think
we have you to thank for an amusing adventure. Just one moon after our
dealings with you a family of skunks living in a cave similar to ours,
but a few kilometers to the south, emerged from the cave to find men in
wait. They were apparently expecting to find the Cats of the Second
World. Much mayhem ensued for the next few minutes, and we and the skunks
still over the memories. I don't suppose you two had anything to do with
that?

Sammy: Well, we *did* hear some towncats talkin bout da hoomins wantin to
catch da Mystery Cats, and we *might* haf mentioned somefing bout seeing
da cave on da offur hill. We din't tell nobody dat you guys was in da
offur cave, but if dey jumped to da wrong conclusion...

Aed: Understood! Anyway, thank you for your discretion. We have been
hoping you would be in touch again. We are running low on the turkeybird
you supplied us with, and none of best cooks have been able to replicate
the spices used on your turkeys. We were hoping you could share that
secret with us.

Tiger: Da sekrit recipe is kinda unavailable - Sammy's sisfur Tabifa is
da one who cookded dem, an her is missing. But dere is a big stockpile of
dem marinated in da FluffyKitz warehowse, jus waiting to be cooked.

Aed: Yes, we heard about Tabitha's disappearance. We have investigators
out looking for her. We hope they will be as successful as those who
found you. You look surprised - yes, our investigators found you. When
you were lost, do you remember the paw prints that lead you to the house
with the dog food in the garage? Do these look familiar? [Aed holds up a
paw to show to Sammy] Once we found where you were hiding out, I came and
left clear pawprints to that hoomin house hoping you would follow them
and get trapped. We're trying to do the same for Tabitha.

Sammy: Wow! I had no idearment! Well, anyhows, we gots a special request
fur youze guys. We'ze got some boycats dat is gettin winked soon,
including mineown liddle sisfur Harri Roadcat. Dey is lookin fur special
pendants fur dereown winks-to-be. I tolded dem 'bout Tiger and me an how
you made da special jewelry fur Lility an Anais, and sey was hopin you
could do da same fur dem.

Aed: That would work well! We would greatly like to get more of that
wonderful turkeybird, and we would be glad to do such an exchange. We
were all deeply saddened by the regal Cleopatra's passage, but we are
cheered to know that her legacy lives on in the Community.

[An elegant girlcat with long black hair strolls out of the shadows and
whispers in Aed's ear.]

Aed: Yes, Morgana, you are absolutely right! Tiger, Samuel, please call
your companions over to join us.

[Tiger and Sammy meow loudly, and all the assembled boy cats come
running.]

Greetings, mancats. My name is Aed. I and my clowdermates are not of this
world. We live in The Second World - the world that is "below the
mountains and the lakes". In Irish mythology we are linked to the Tuatha
D'e Danann, but we of course are not myths! For centuries we have lived
in our isolated world, only venturing into the First World once a month,
at the night of the full moon. Now, however, we are able to come forth
whenever we choose.

We have chosen to be more a part of the First World. Miz Cleopatra has
made it easier for us to do so. She allowed us to construct a portal
here, and houses our - supplies - in a special basement. My clowdermate
Morgana will explain a little bit about our special needs.

[Aed nods is head towards the black longhaired cat. She leaps nimbly to
the top of a nearby boulder and sits demurely looking at the group.]

Morgana: You see, we have special gifts - gifts that make it both easier
and harder to move in the world of humans. When we need to we can take on
a different form...

[As she says this her image quickly shifts from that of a mid-sized black
longhair kitty to a beautiful young human woman with waist-length black
hair. The assembled kitties all meow to themselves in amazement.]

We have always been able to shift between human and feline form at will.
Miz Cleopatra has allowed us to store our supply of human clothing in her
basement - as you can see, when we make the shift we are completely naked
as I am now - and went to great lengths to keep us educated in matters of
politics, laws, social customs, etc. We're not sure what we're going to
do now that she's gone. We have been working with Stevenson, and that has
worked well so far.

[With that Morgana shifts back in a heartbeat to her feline form.]

Anyway, our elders have discussed at great lengths the wisdom of
remaining hidden from sight. They finally decided, after years of
discussion, that we would be better served by revealing ourselves to this
Community and participating in it. We don't wish to impose on you, but we
would love to be able provide assistance from time to time, and to be
able to socialize with you. Would that meet with your approval?

Old February 3rd 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

while i thinkz owrz prezident shuuld say ifin it wuz nessari i do beleef dat
it haz alwayz been owrz kustum to welkum ani cat or ofur bein dat iz
freendli to catz so i duzint see ani purblemz wif you joinin uses, diz will
of kurze be how muc you wantz, nocat wuuld prezzure yoursef efur way...

Just den TV walkz up to Tiger and the other world cats... Mine wink, HRH
cleo was very fond of alla yourselvez and i iz sure dat she wuuld want to
haf yourselvez joinz uses in whatefur manner you wantz...

Old February 3rd 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:16:10 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

while i thinkz owrz prezident shuuld say ifin it wuz nessari i do beleef
dat it haz alwayz been owrz kustum to welkum ani cat or ofur bein dat iz
freendli to catz so i duzint see ani purblemz wif you joinin uses, diz
will of kurze be how muc you wantz, nocat wuuld prezzure yoursef efur
way...

Just den TV walkz up to Tiger and the other world cats... Mine wink,
HRH cleo was very fond of alla yourselvez and i iz sure dat she wuuld
want to haf yourselvez joinz uses in whatefur manner you wantz...

Thank you, Sir TV. Cleo always spoke very highly of you. We are all very
sorry for your loss.

And thank you for welcoming us. We would be delighted to design special
pendants for your winks-to-be. Have you special stones you would like
mounted, or shall we choose from supply? And do the boycats have
photographs of their intendeds? That would help us to come up with the
ideal setting.

Finally, we can simply consult with our artisans and see what they can
come up with, or your boycats can consult with them to help design the
perfect piece, or we would even allow you to send an expedition down into
The Second World to look through our stockpile of gems and precious
stones, to see if anything we have meets with your stringent requirements.

Aed
Old February 3rd 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

i will alawayz misses mine bootiful silfurcat butted hafin herownsef hurt in
diz wurld iz notted rite... it iz a veri gud thing dat herown hoominz
respekted hersef enufta hep hersef.

small slince... evil kittee grin... we thinkz dat you should hafa kitteez
dat iz wantin da pendantz azk for dmownselvez... TV, a bit mischeevious...

Old February 3rd 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Anyway, our elders have discussed at great lengths the wisdom of
remaining hidden from sight. They finally decided, after years of
discussion, that we would be better served by revealing ourselves to this
Community and participating in it. We don't wish to impose on you, but we
would love to be able provide assistance from time to time, and to be
able to socialize with you. Would that meet with your approval?

OK.

"Lovable Louise", Prez.
Old February 4th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T steps forwafd, his knees knocking a bit out of fear and respect for the
Cats he has just met.

Sir, I iz O T anna I iz gonna be winked to da bootiful Harri Roadcat. Here
iz her pikture herself sent me. He blushes a bit at all the hearts
surrounding the picture.

Her iz bootifulz and effen dough I am not the braffest of cats her luffz
myownselfz.

I haz diz bootiful moonstone wiff a rainbow locked inside itselfz. I wud
realli preciate a kolar wiff diz on it so her kan spread Rainbows
efferywhere her goes, she duz dat alreadi but diz wayz offtherz kan see dem.

He unties the velvet bag from around his neck, takes out the stone which
immediately bursts into a brilliant rainbow when the moonlight hits it.

I willz be gladz ta let your artist cats design da kollar, it will be
spezial, just for herself. He hands the stone and the bag to the large cat
and, begins to slowly back away.

Old February 4th 09, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

[...]

Fangu furry much, yur lordship. I iz Sundance, an I iz wun uv da kitteez
gittin winked soon. Myown intendid iz named Pit2nya, an her iz da most
bootifullest kittee dat I haz ever knowed. I know dat she likez da kuller
red, so I wud like to assept yur jenerus offer to look fru yurown gemz an
find sumfing fur herownself. In retern, I haz bringed anuther fud dat yoo
mite injoy: it iz kalled MiceKreem, an myown Pit2nya inventid it. It kumz
in wite mowsie flaver, brown mowsie flaver, an blak mowsie flaver. May I
serv yurownselfz sum?

Sundance

Old February 4th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

Itz OK, O T, I duznt fingk deze kitteez insistz on gittin prezziez. I juss
thot givvin dem sum uv Pitoonya's MiceKreem mite inspire dem to hewp me find
sumfing exter speshul fur herownself.

Sundance

"Granby" wrote in message
O T hears this and kicks himself. I shudda offeredz dem sumphin, I waz jus
so nefouz I forgotted. Harri wud haff reminded myself to do sumphin like
dat. We had all dem samon fishiz and I shudda brout dem.

Old February 4th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

porter twinkles and at OT's feetz isa pile of sammon fisheez...
knew he would forget them so i azked Miss Piglette to give them to me sure
hope da gramby duzint notize
"Sundance" wrote in message

[...]

Bak tew our adventure Pi2nya AKA Sweetee Cat community 0 August 22nd 08 06:32 AM
Bak tew our adventure Pi2nya AKA Sweetee Cat community 0 August 22nd 08 06:18 AM
The new adventure Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat Cat community 131 September 15th 07 06:34 AM
We had an adventure Ann Cat anecdotes 1 October 5th 06 10:36 PM
Kate and Jack's Excellent Adventure (and Arthur's Not-So-Excellent Adventure) [email protected] Cat anecdotes 16 November 1st 05 04:21 AM