The boy-cat's Not An Adventure

Old February 4th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default The boy-cat's Not An Adventure

For the first time since entering the cave, O T actually smiles. I wud luff
to be da ofishchal lite cat long wiff urself. After getting harnessed up
with the lights, he and Ranger kiten really light up the walls of the cave
and the fear seems to drain away from all those cats who, for whatever
reason, don't like the dark.
"Ranger Greykitten" wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:47:26 -0600, Granby wrote:

Oh fangu, I preciatz dat it is just uuummmm when I waz liddle baby
kitten da firstz hoomanz putted me in a drawer when dem had kompaniee
dat didn't like cats and I duzen really like da dark.

I was kinda figgering we might need some extra lites, so brought a few of
deze. [He shows a backpack with half a dozen headlamps] If you wears one
of deze on your head, and one of dem on yourz tail, and one of dem round
yourz middle you can be da offishul lite-cat. I'll do da same, an we'z
will haf more dan enuf lite fur all da kitties.

Ranger

Old February 5th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Feb 4, 5:51*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Fangu Wascal, I didn seez u dere. *Miz Piglet wud realli be sprized if u did
dat.

Sadie dog who had been abandonded by her first people, or lost, we don't
know for sure, lags behind. *Umm iffin uz don mine, me anna Sassy dog wiillz
sta behine anna guard da entranze while you kitties go below. *You neffer
know when unwanned hoomanz will showz up. *The two dogs lie down and wish
there was a third dog so they would completely fill the entrance to the
cave.

im bare. I will sta wiff yuns an gard da entruns. da hether will go
wiff da kitteez, aldo i don fink dey will need no protekshun. i jus
gotted bak frum wakin mine uncle bill.

bare

Yoo stay here den an hep dese nise doggies. I do wish yooo wud get sum
catipal letturs.

--
Wascal

"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...
On Feb 4, 2:47 pm, "Granby" wrote:

Oh fangu, I preciatz dat it is just uuummmm when I waz liddle baby kitten
da
firstz hoomanz putted me in a drawer when dem had kompaniee dat didn't
like
cats and I duzen really like da dark.

Wascal speaks up: Dat wuz gnotty ub dem. Yoo shud allus getted to
deside iff you wanna play wiff nu peepl. Don' wurry about da dark.
Yoor frenz r heer wiff yoo. Ann we gotted NU frenz dat wee be bisitin.
Mebbe I kan get a nise fing for Miss Piglet.

--
Wascal

Old February 5th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

For the first time since entering the cave, O T actually smiles. I wud luff
to be da ofishchal lite cat long wiff urself. After getting harnessed up
with the lights, he and Ranger kiten really light up the walls of the cave
and the fear seems to drain away from all those cats who, for whatever
reason, don't like the dark.

[Aed and Morgana lead the boycats into the cave. Sammy, OT, and Ranger
lead the group, with OT's headlamps lighting the cave up like daylight.
The procession of kitties follows the cave down and into a labyrinth of
twisty passages. Aed calls out "Everykitty, please stay close. You will
see green lights glowing on the walls; if you follows the green lights,
you'll be right on track".

As the group travels the tunnel, mysterious kitties pass them going the
other way. They look amused at OT's mass of lights, and meow greetings
as they pass. After half an hour of walking the cats arrive in a large
domed chamber with heavy wooden doors seat in the walls. Aed leads the
cats to the middle door, waves his paws before it, and leans against it.
The door swings open with a creak. Morgana meows a complex meow and a
bright light appears in the room.

Inside the room are huge piles of glittering stones. Dark red rubies,
sparkling deep green emeralds, diamonds of all sizes, and many other
stones. The only stones not obviously present are moonstones.]

Morgana: Here, my dear friends, is the first of our storerooms. Please,
Sundance, look over these stones and see if any of them meet your
requirements. If not, we can look in additional storerooms.

All of you other kitties, would you like something to eat or drink? Or
could we show you more of our world?
Old February 5th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Sadie feelz much better now that Bear is there. You jus neffer know when
hoomanz u don wan will showz up.

Sadie reaches in her pouch. Here Unkle Billz deze iz some kapital letterz
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Dat shud be enuf ta help you.

Old February 5th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T reaches up and turns off his lights, got to save batteries for the trip
back/ He, along with the others stares at the massive pile of Red Stones.
Sundance, u wil haff truble pickink da rite one, dem iz all bootifulz.

Old February 5th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

"Stormmee"
while i thinkz owrz prezident shuuld say ifin it wuz nessari i do beleef
dat it haz alwayz been owrz kustum to welkum ani cat or ofur bein dat iz
freendli to catz so i duzint see ani purblemz wif you joinin uses, diz
will of kurze be how muc you wantz, nocat wuuld prezzure yoursef efur
way...

Just den TV walkz up to Tiger and the other world cats... Mine wink, HRH
cleo was very fond of alla yourselvez and i iz sure dat she wuuld want to
haf yourselvez joinz uses in whatefur manner you wantz...

"Samuel Redcat Mahoney" [At Cleo's mountain retreat a large group of
boycats is gathering on the
west lawn. Boycats, some companion dogs, and large piles of exploring
gear can be seen all over. Tiger and Sammy haul a large barbeque grill
and big fan over to the pile of rocks Ranger had been scrambling on, then
they light the grill and load it with a well-marinated turkey. The fan is
set blowing over the top of the grill towards the rocks.

Some of the mancats curl up to nap in the sun, others climb up and down
pine trees, other sit talking. Tiger and Sammy sit patiently by the grill
watching the turkey roast. Finally, just as the sun is preparing to set,
they see movement at the base of the rocks. Several forms can be seen
moving in the shadows. Finally a large orange cat emerges from the rocks
and approaches Sammy and Tiger.]

Meow, masters Tiger and Samuel. It is good to see you again. We are quite
pleased that you have kept our secret all these years. In fact, we think
we have you to thank for an amusing adventure. Just one moon after our
dealings with you a family of skunks living in a cave similar to ours,
but a few kilometers to the south, emerged from the cave to find men in
wait. They were apparently expecting to find the Cats of the Second
World. Much mayhem ensued for the next few minutes, and we and the skunks
still over the memories. I don't suppose you two had anything to do with
that?

Sammy: Well, we *did* hear some towncats talkin bout da hoomins wantin to
catch da Mystery Cats, and we *might* haf mentioned somefing bout seeing
da cave on da offur hill. We din't tell nobody dat you guys was in da
offur cave, but if dey jumped to da wrong conclusion...

Aed: Understood! Anyway, thank you for your discretion. We have been
hoping you would be in touch again. We are running low on the turkeybird
you supplied us with, and none of best cooks have been able to replicate
the spices used on your turkeys. We were hoping you could share that
secret with us.

Tiger: Da sekrit recipe is kinda unavailable - Sammy's sisfur Tabifa is
da one who cookded dem, an her is missing. But dere is a big stockpile of
dem marinated in da FluffyKitz warehowse, jus waiting to be cooked.

Aed: Yes, we heard about Tabitha's disappearance. We have investigators
out looking for her. We hope they will be as successful as those who
found you. You look surprised - yes, our investigators found you. When
you were lost, do you remember the paw prints that lead you to the house
with the dog food in the garage? Do these look familiar? [Aed holds up a
paw to show to Sammy] Once we found where you were hiding out, I came and
left clear pawprints to that hoomin house hoping you would follow them
and get trapped. We're trying to do the same for Tabitha.

Mosey meekly approches da big cats, welcomes dem n tells them 'Tabitha,
hoo wuz HRH Cleo's sifter is myown wink, we gotted winked onlee 4 munths
ugo, and hur haz been missing fur a long time gnow n I luff hur n miss
hurself sew mutch. Big Mama, a Mountain Lion brot usses 2 ubanduned
bitties n Iam raising dem myselfs. I gnow yoo faownd Sammy, hoo iz mine
brofer-in-law n I fangu furry mutch fur fynding him n yoo wooking for
herself. We welcome yoo tew da community n I will tell no one bowt yoo
iffen dat iz wat yoo want.
Iam sawry, I hab had a floo but I gotted rid uff et. *wooks arownd* Iam
gwad yoo still hab a supply uff fudz Tabitha n da Fluffykits prepared. Yoo
gots tew hab fudz anna turkeybird is wunnerful
fangu furry mutch ugin. Sawry tew intrupt, Sammy

Sammy: Wow! I had no idearment! Well, anyhows, we gots a special request
fur youze guys. We'ze got some boycats dat is gettin winked soon,
including mineown liddle sisfur Harri Roadcat. Dey is lookin fur special
pendants fur dereown winks-to-be. I tolded dem 'bout Tiger and me an how
you made da special jewelry fur Lility an Anais, and sey was hopin you
could do da same fur dem.

Aed: That would work well! We would greatly like to get more of that
wonderful turkeybird, and we would be glad to do such an exchange. We
were all deeply saddened by the regal Cleopatra's passage, but we are
cheered to know that her legacy lives on in the Community.

[An elegant girlcat with long black hair strolls out of the shadows and
whispers in Aed's ear.]

Aed: Yes, Morgana, you are absolutely right! Tiger, Samuel, please call
your companions over to join us.

[Tiger and Sammy meow loudly, and all the assembled boy cats come
running.]

Greetings, mancats. My name is Aed. I and my clowdermates are not of this
world. We live in The Second World - the world that is "below the
mountains and the lakes". In Irish mythology we are linked to the Tuatha
D'e Danann, but we of course are not myths! For centuries we have lived
in our isolated world, only venturing into the First World once a month,
at the night of the full moon. Now, however, we are able to come forth
whenever we choose.

We have chosen to be more a part of the First World. Miz Cleopatra has
made it easier for us to do so. She allowed us to construct a portal
here, and houses our - supplies - in a special basement. My clowdermate
Morgana will explain a little bit about our special needs.

[Aed nods is head towards the black longhaired cat. She leaps nimbly to
the top of a nearby boulder and sits demurely looking at the group.]

Morgana: You see, we have special gifts - gifts that make it both easier
and harder to move in the world of humans. When we need to we can take on
a different form...

[As she says this her image quickly shifts from that of a mid-sized black
longhair kitty to a beautiful young human woman with waist-length black
hair. The assembled kitties all meow to themselves in amazement.]

We have always been able to shift between human and feline form at will.
Miz Cleopatra has allowed us to store our supply of human clothing in her
basement - as you can see, when we make the shift we are completely naked
as I am now - and went to great lengths to keep us educated in matters of
politics, laws, social customs, etc. We're not sure what we're going to
do now that she's gone. We have been working with Stevenson, and that has
worked well so far.

[With that Morgana shifts back in a heartbeat to her feline form.]

Anyway, our elders have discussed at great lengths the wisdom of
remaining hidden from sight. They finally decided, after years of
discussion, that we would be better served by revealing ourselves to this
Community and participating in it. We don't wish to impose on you, but we
would love to be able provide assistance from time to time, and to be
able to socialize with you. Would that meet with your approval?

Et iz fine wif mee sez Mosey. Yoo r awl welcum tew da big hoam mine Unkle
Mutt lefted me wen he went tew da Bridge in 2007, tew wive en wen I got
winked.

Old February 6th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

it seemz dat diz willz be diffikult, Tiger
"Sundance" wrote in message
Dey shur iz, O T, dey shur iz.

Sundance

Old February 6th 09, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance

Sundance: Fangu furry much, yur ladeeship. Deze awl lukz furry bootiful.

[Sundance begins to wander among the piles of gems. Hmm, he thinks, deze
liddle tiny wunz wud be luvlee awl lined up in a row -- dey wud luk like
pinpoyntz uv lite. He wanders some more. On da uther paw, he thinks, wun
uv deze hyooj wunz wud be furry dramatik. But whutz dat over dere?
Something in the far corner has caught his eye.]

Sundance: O T, kan yoo dim doze litez fur a minnit?

[O T does so, and Sundance sees something glowing. It is a red stone, not
especially large, nor as fiery as some of the others, but there's something
different about it. As he gazes into its depths, an image seems to form...]

Sundance: Gize, luk at dis! I seez Pit2nya in dis stone! Luk luk!

[The kitties all gather and try to see what Sundance sees.]

O T: Datz not Pitoonya, datz Harri!

Tiger: No itz not, itz Anaïs!

Sammy: I fingk it lukz like myown Lilith.

[The boycats look at each other in confusion, while Morgana comes over to
see what they're looking at.]

Morgana: Oh, my! It has been a while since we saw one of these! Aed, come
see what Sundance has found! Sundance, this is a heart's-desire stone.
When a kitty looks into it, they see their true love. Your intended willl
be a lucky kitty if you choose this for her.

Sundance: Dat sownz furry speshul. If yooz shur yoo duznt mind, dis iz da
wun I will chooze.

Morgana: Of course we don't mind. In fact, there's a legend about these
stones, which says that only the kitty they are meant for will find them. I
think you were meant to find it, or maybe it even found you. With your
permission, we will take it and O T's moonstone, and design settings for
them.

Sundance: Fangu, dat wud be wunnerful, fangu furry much!

[Sundance looks at the other boycats.]

I never fingked I wud find sumfing like dat!

Sundance

Old February 6th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

you iz a veri furtunate mancat, you has a onetrue luf, a onetruehome anna
stone dat will remind you anna yourown wink dat you iz meanedta be togefur,
Tiger
"Sundance" wrote in message
[...]

Bak tew our adventure Pi2nya AKA Sweetee Cat community 0 August 22nd 08 06:32 AM
Bak tew our adventure Pi2nya AKA Sweetee Cat community 0 August 22nd 08 06:18 AM
The new adventure Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat Cat community 131 September 15th 07 06:34 AM
We had an adventure Ann Cat anecdotes 1 October 5th 06 10:36 PM
Kate and Jack's Excellent Adventure (and Arthur's Not-So-Excellent Adventure) [email protected] Cat anecdotes 16 November 1st 05 04:21 AM