Kitten swallowed latex teat

Old September 13th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catjoy

Default Kitten swallowed latex teat

Lynne,

I just discovered your post today, and am so relieved to hear that the kitten
is doing okay. Phew! He is just a darling and your pics of him and the dog
are simply adorable!!

Please do keep us updated on the kitten's progress.

Best Wishes,
Jan, Snowy, Petey, & Toonie

Lynne wrote:
I remember Simon, my cat, got into the easter grass once. He yowled a bit as
he passed it and was walking around with it haning out of his butt. I
carefully removed it and he was fine. No more of it allowed in the house
though.
John

My dogs are the same way. Sometimes their poop contains all the colors
of the rainbow. With very young cats, however, it's all a matter of
size. Since they are so tiny with very small intestines, the risk of
compaction is greater. I'm happy to report the kitten is still showing
no signs of trouble (except the terrorizing, which is expected!).

My pup doesn't just put up with the kitten, she craves play time with
him! He's not afraid of anything, even being used as a pillow:

http://fototime.com/ABBAA127315953B/standard.jpg

The kitten came to us with the name Levi, but we're trying on other
names. So far the favorite is Jabari, which is African for
fearless/brave. I wanted to name him Solomon, but was overruled by my
daughter.

Old September 15th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Catjoy wrote:
Lynne,

I just discovered your post today, and am so relieved to hear that the kitten
is doing okay. Phew! He is just a darling and your pics of him and the dog
are simply adorable!!

Please do keep us updated on the kitten's progress.

Best Wishes,
Jan, Snowy, Petey, & Toonie

Thanks so much! I adore the little guy, as does the rest of the family
(human and otherwise). I just thought I would post one last update on
him. He's doing GREAT! Growing like a weed and super active. I never
found the teat, but it's no longer a concern.

It looks like the name he came with (Levi) is going to stick. The
little guy has quite the oral fixation... my daughter and I both have
blisters on our lips from his suckling!! =)

Old September 15th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote:
Jan, Snowy, Petey, & Toonie

Thanks so much! I adore the little guy, as does the rest of the family
(human and otherwise). I just thought I would post one last update on
him. He's doing GREAT! Growing like a weed and super active. I never
found the teat, but it's no longer a concern.

I am so glad to hear this.

It looks like the name he came with (Levi) is going to stick. The
little guy has quite the oral fixation... my daughter and I both have
blisters on our lips from his suckling!! =)

hahaha! Please do keep posting photos as he grows. He's a doll.