Adventures in the Cat Food Isle

Old June 17th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Adventures in the Cat Food Isle

On 17 Jun, 08:45, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Most isle are used for fisherman, and other resorts. How did you
find an entire isle (syn: island) which was devoted to cat food?
Did you get there by boat, or charter plane?

If such a place existed we'd all be wondering where our furry owners
had gone!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 17th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Karen" wrote
Sherry said:
"Pat"
| wrote:
| "Karen" wrote
| Where on earth are you finding 9 lives canned food for a quarter???
|
| That's about what it is around here. A four-pack for $1.09 or so.
|
| Sherry
|
| Yeah, I see that quite frequently.

Even the discount grocery near me gets .39/can for it. The cheapest wet food
around is Walmart's 4-pack of "Special Kitty" (chock full o' sodium nitrite)
which which was .88 until recently now it's around $1.40 but mine won't
touch the stuff anyway.

Old June 18th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 17, 2:36 pm, "Pat"
wrote:
"Karen" wrote
Sherry said:
"Pat" | wrote:

| "Karen" wrote
| Where on earth are you finding 9 lives canned food for a quarter???
|
| That's about what it is around here. A four-pack for $1.09 or so.
|
| Sherry
|
| Yeah, I see that quite frequently.

Even the discount grocery near me gets .39/can for it. The cheapest wet food
around is Walmart's 4-pack of "Special Kitty" (chock full o' sodium nitrite)
which which was .88 until recently now it's around $1.40 but mine won't
touch the stuff anyway.

How bizarre! I thought all the Wal Marts were pretty comparable with
each other in
their prices. Wonder why it's so much higher there?

Sherry

Old June 18th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 17, 2:36 pm, "Pat"
wrote:
"Karen" wrote
Sherry said:
"Pat" | wrote:

| "Karen" wrote
| Where on earth are you finding 9 lives canned food for a quarter???
|
| That's about what it is around here. A four-pack for $1.09 or so.
|
| Sherry
|
| Yeah, I see that quite frequently.

Even the discount grocery near me gets .39/can for it. The cheapest wet
food
around is Walmart's 4-pack of "Special Kitty" (chock full o' sodium
nitrite)
which which was .88 until recently now it's around $1.40 but mine won't
touch the stuff anyway.

How bizarre! I thought all the Wal Marts were pretty comparable with
each other in
their prices. Wonder why it's so much higher there?

Prices in any area are going to reflect the cost of doing business in that
area as well as the competition in that area.

That's why if you look at the small print on the weekly ads it will state
which stores are covered by the advertised prices.

Some places have much higher property tax or business license fees.
Differences in sales tax and income tax will affect prices that can or must
be charged. So will transportation costs.

Just as an example stores where there is little or no competition have no
reason to have loss leader prices on anything.

Jo

Old June 18th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
KMP

jofirey wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 17, 2:36 pm, "Pat"
wrote:
"Karen" wrote
Sherry said:
"Pat" | wrote:

| "Karen" wrote
| Where on earth are you finding 9 lives canned food for a quarter???
|
| That's about what it is around here. A four-pack for $1.09 or so.
|
| Sherry
|
| Yeah, I see that quite frequently.

Even the discount grocery near me gets .39/can for it. The cheapest wet
food
around is Walmart's 4-pack of "Special Kitty" (chock full o' sodium
nitrite)
which which was .88 until recently now it's around $1.40 but mine won't
touch the stuff anyway.

How bizarre! I thought all the Wal Marts were pretty comparable with
each other in
their prices. Wonder why it's so much higher there?

Prices in any area are going to reflect the cost of doing business in that
area as well as the competition in that area.

That's why if you look at the small print on the weekly ads it will state
which stores are covered by the advertised prices.

Some places have much higher property tax or business license fees.
Differences in sales tax and income tax will affect prices that can or must
be charged. So will transportation costs.

Just as an example stores where there is little or no competition have no
reason to have loss leader prices on anything.

Jo

Like Mc Donalds-everything is more expensive in New York City and/or
the airports.... We got that from previous experience....
Kathy
Old June 19th 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jun 16, 2007, Ginger-lyn wrote:

I'm sure we've all had some interesting conversations in the cat food
isle. Cat people usually do.

However, it's rare for a dog person to be there.

So I'm in the aisle, picking up a few cans of cat food to bolster what I
have at home. And this kinda creepy-seeming guy comes over, puts a big
bag of dog food down on the floor, and starts asking me if the canned
Friskies is good. I'm thinking he must be a new catslave, but that's
not entirely the case, I find out. It's his wife who just adopted two
kittens, while he was in prison (gulp! Why is it I attract ex-cons and
bikers?).

He's completely confused and worried about cost, but I point him toward
the kitten food, explaining that they really need this, they need the
extra protein to grow well, and that sort of thing. It's almost funny,
because he's so clearly clueless.

I finally talk him into getting kitten chow, and tell him canned food is
fine, too. He decides to pass on that, but walks off with his huge bag
of dog food, and the small little bag of kitten food, thanking me
profusely. He even thanked me again at the checkout!

I guess you never know about people, and I bet those kittens will steal
his heart.

Ginger-lyn

I love the story and can picture the (ex-lifer, did you say? :-) "gentleman"
being all concerned about the kittens that will in all probability change his
life for the better.

I also love your unintentional misspelling of "cat food aisle"... In fact,
I'd rather visit a cat food *isle* any day, especially if it's a tropical
isle: temperate so that the kitties can enjoy the outdoors year-round.

ROFL

Typos are required here, doncha know ;-)

Your description sounds like a great isle to me!

Ginger-lyn
perfect grades in spelling, but not in typing -- hehe