Tis Time for the 2008 calling of the pirate cats

Old February 24th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Tis Time for the 2008 calling of the pirate cats

Sit back kits and you'll read a tail
A tail of a pirate ship
That started from some southern port
With fees paid in catnip.

The Cap'n was an insane cat
To want to go to sea
He gathered cats of like mind
And did not charge a fee

They chose hoomin slaves with due care
Those too dumb to get out
Someone has to open tins
and take the litter out.

Every year about this time
Pine Cone calls his crew
To help prepare their pirate ship
To set sail on their cruise.

So kits if you are of a mind
To help make history
Respond to the call for Mouser cats
Here on RPC. . .A

- - -

Ok not one of my better efforts, but I ported over to check out the Mouser
at the dry dock and She is in pretty good shape for a ship that didn't sail
last year. She needs only minor repairs and some cleaning and we'll be set
to go. Last year we had to cancel due to PawRob being in poor health, but
he's in fine fettle now and says that he'll be glad to help fish, so long as
you cats are kinder with the bait bucket than you have been in the past.
The fat wench is going over her book where she wrote down some of our
favorite gooshy food recipes. Tanada is keeping a close eye on tfw as the
fat wench hates the smell of fish. The blonde wenche and Gem are signing to
come aboard again and we are in the process of contacting other hoomins to
see if they are interested. Mike and his buddy, Jason, are working it into
their schedules. I'll let them ask their friend what the fat wench calls
"major payne" if he wants to be a part of it. Both Jason and payne are busy
with what the fat wench calls war sh*t. It was how PawRob made tuna money.
I dunno how much they will be able to join us.

So any cats for the crew? All positions are open except for Sergeant of
Marines (first sergeant Huey), Kit Leader (Tanada, brrrrr) and, of course,
my position as Cap'n. We also could use hoomin crew members and chroniclers
to keep us on course. Plans include our shore leave on D*g Island and a
visit to Finland to hold our annual memorial service on FrankinNikki's
Island. Other than that we will consider reasonable requests from the hair
ball gallery. I'm hoping that the Beauteous Chloe from Australia will join
us as she has in the past.

I'm hoping that you can join us too.

Reply requested

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old February 24th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 24, 12:34 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
[...]

I can't join you but I'll give you another song to sing as you sail:

"Got out of town on a boat for the southern islands
On a reach before a following sea
We were making for the trades on the outside
And the downhill run to Papeete

Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas
We got eighty feet of waterline nicely making way
In a noisy bar in Avalon I tried to call you
But on the midnight watch I realized why twice you ran away"

If you don't recognize it, it's "Southern Cross" by Rick Curtis,
Michael Curtis, and Stephen Stills and recorded by Crosby, Stills and
Nash

I only put in the nautical lyrics

Will in New Haven

--

"Have agreed to carry Ring to Mordor. In hindsight, probably a bad
move"

..- Entry from Frodo's Secret Diary
Old February 24th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

So any cats for the crew? *All positions are open except for Sergeant of
Marines (first sergeant Huey), Kit Leader (Tanada, brrrrr) and, of course,
my position as Cap'n. *We also could use hoomin crew members and chroniclers
to keep us on course. *Plans include our shore leave on D*g Island and a
visit to Finland to hold our annual memorial service on FrankinNikki's
Island. *Other than that we will consider reasonable requests from the hair
ball gallery. *I'm hoping that the Beauteous Chloe from Australia will join
us as she *has in the past.////

His Royal Feline Lordship Tiger requests his usual position of
Furreign Secretary & Diplocat. Lady Pandora will be his assistant as
she is also his wink wink. Miss Lily Whiskers has permission from HRFL
Tiger to come aboard, providing she behaves and she will be allowed to
join the 05 Hoolikitten cadre as ship crew with Qui Gun Kit.

Cleo has elected to stay at home with Robbie as her nerves aren't up
to a prolonged Sea Voyage and Robbie is feeling his age so will ghost
over to give the kits their ninja lessons on a Tuesday and a Thursday.

I'll be on the ship this year!

Helen M

Old February 24th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

tanadashoes wrote:
Reply requested

Fez and Rufous reporting for duty, Sir! We have become extremely good at
catching bugs, so we are definitely useful for vermin duty.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 24th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Victor Martinez" ...
tanadashoes wrote:
Reply requested

Fez and Rufous reporting for duty, Sir! We have become extremely good at
catching bugs, so we are definitely useful for vermin duty.

Pookie, Pipps, Mosey & Sqweex reporting fur doody Sir.
Sqweex is being a meatloaf ATM.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 24th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
[...]

Stinky reporting for SeniorCat and piano playing duty. There's some other
pest here, too, he's a huge doofus, but he still thinks he's a kitten. One
of that silly 2005 bunch, I believe. Maybe you can find him something to
make him useful.

Old February 25th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ranger Roadkitten Mahoney

So any cats for the crew? All positions are open except for Sergeant of
Marines (first sergeant Huey), Kit Leader (Tanada, brrrrr) and, of course,
my position as Cap'n. We also could use hoomin crew members and chroniclers
to keep us on course. Plans include our shore leave on D*g Island and a
visit to Finland to hold our annual memorial service on FrankinNikki's
Island. Other than that we will consider reasonable requests from the hair
ball gallery. I'm hoping that the Beauteous Chloe from Australia will join
us as she has in the past.

I'm hoping that you can join us too.

Reply requested

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

A sea voyage? That's riding on a ship on da ocean, right? I'm there! I'm
a expert at climbing trees an chasing birdies, and I'm a Mighty Snow Cat
in case we go anywhere really cold.

Ranger Greykitten
Old February 25th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

snip

So any cats for the crew? All positions are open except for Sergeant of
Marines (first sergeant Huey), Kit Leader (Tanada, brrrrr) and, of course,
my position as Cap'n. We also could use hoomin crew members and
chroniclers to keep us on course. Plans include our shore leave on D*g
Island and a visit to Finland to hold our annual memorial service on
FrankinNikki's Island. Other than that we will consider reasonable
requests from the hair ball gallery. I'm hoping that the Beauteous Chloe
from Australia will join us as she has in the past.

I'm hoping that you can join us too.

Reply requested

The Sekretary might not have much time to write up the adventures, but Suki
& Pickle are young and enough to join this year. They say that a memorial
B*st*rd C*t trick for Shmoggleberry as you pass by Sydney would be fine by
them.

Yowie

Old February 25th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

On Feb 25, 11:39 am, "Yowie"
wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

snip

So any cats for the crew? All positions are open except for Sergeant of
Marines (first sergeant Huey), Kit Leader (Tanada, brrrrr) and, of course,
my position as Cap'n. We also could use hoomin crew members and
chroniclers to keep us on course. Plans include our shore leave on D*g
Island and a visit to Finland to hold our annual memorial service on
FrankinNikki's Island. Other than that we will consider reasonable
requests from the hair ball gallery. I'm hoping that the Beauteous Chloe
from Australia will join us as she has in the past.

I'm hoping that you can join us too.

Reply requested

Spock - "Ruler of the Universe" in training, requests leave to join
the crew. He's sick and tired of the barekitten and wishes to leave
home until she's old enough to understand that sneaking up on a
sleeping His Felineship (she's commando crawling) is Just Not Funny!
He's also unamused that she refuses to bow to him when it comes to
Ownership of The Cot. It is, apparently, *his* cot, and the fact that
The Critter (a.k.a. the barekitten) sleeps in it several times each
day is Offensive!

Persephone won't be joining the crew this year as she's having too
much fun training the barekitten in the etiquette of B*stard Cat and
Kid Tricks (e.g. sneaking up on sleeping Spocky-cats or Foxie-d*gs!).

Tish
Old February 25th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:

I'm hoping that you can join us too.

Reply requested

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

we would like to join the ship's crew from our island when you reach it.
miranda would like to continue as lookout, since she has purrfected her
climbing skills during the past years. caliban would like to be in
charge of the food stores, but i don't know if that is a good idea. he
is good at washing, which miranda can attest to, with slimy fur standing
up in clumps where he licked her the wrong way, so maybe he could swab
the decks.

be prepared to meet the ghosts of frank and nikki on the island. they
are still looking for the correct map, you know.