I gave away my cats, I'm heartbroken

Old June 7th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default I gave away my cats, I'm heartbroken

wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

Nathan is injured - he came off his bike at a road race (Lotus circuit -
closed roads) when another rider locked handlebars with him - then went
up
over the bars and barrel-rolled at about 30mph. Bruised noggin
(shattered
lid), broken shoulderblade, haemotoma on hip the size of a melon and
acres
of road rash.

Yikes! That sounds serious. Hope he's recovering OK! BTW, what does
"shattered lid" mean? I'm picturing a cartoon where someone's head has
a lid that opens up to expose the brain. I'm sure that's not what you
meant.

His helmet was shattered. Rather spectacular bruising on his forehead took
the exact shape of the innards of the helmet.

All down his right-side and he spent two days his horse spittal.

Translate?

Guess who starts his A-levels on Monday and guess who can't write?

Oh, dear. Can't he make arrangements to take the tests later? I suppose
that's difficult because of the potential for cheating... not to say that
Nathan would cheat, but the school might have a policy against
rescheduling
a standard test. Hope not!

The school has arranged for a scribe - basically Natahn will dictate his
answers. Extra time allowed too.

Felines ruling the homestead as is their right. Waffles brings me plenty
of
mousies she has been attempting to gum to death :-)

She's getting to be an old lady, isn't she? Or rather, a grand old dame.

Indeed she is thoroughly magnificent

They've also spent
oodles of time nursing Nathan with use of feline ultrasound (purrs) to
the
broken shoulderblade and bruised hip :-)

Feline ultrasound! Perfect name for it. I'm sure it's helping the
healing process.

Feline ultrasound to all of you,
Joyce

Ta muchly

Old June 7th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

wrote in message

Yikes! That sounds serious. Hope he's recovering OK! BTW, what does
"shattered lid" mean? I'm picturing a cartoon where someone's head has
a lid that opens up to expose the brain. I'm sure that's not what you
meant.

His helmet was shattered.

You know, I realized this later on... I can be a bit slow interpreting
expressions I've never heard before, sorry!

Oh, dear. Can't he make arrangements to take the tests later?

The school has arranged for a scribe - basically Natahn will dictate his
answers. Extra time allowed too.

Oh, that's great! Good luck to him on the tests.

Joyce
Old June 8th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"223rem" wrote in message
oups.com...
I will be moving from a house in a suburban/semi-rural area to an
apartment in a big metropolis. Now my cats can go out whenever they
want and in fact they spend more time outdoors than indoors. They love
to roam, climb trees, hunt, etc. They'd probably go nuts if confined
in an apartment.

To my surprise, my landlord, who always pets my cats when he rans into
them, offered to take my cats and 'give them a good home' in a barn on
his 50 acre farm. They'll probably become "barn cats"! This guy is a
honorable man, he's proven that many times, so he'll keep his promise.

Well, I accepted his offer, and now I'm extremely sad... Was I wrong?
What would you have done in my place?

I don't what your situation is that causes you to move from where you can
have your cats to where you can't.
I only know when I split from my ex years ago, I fought tooth and nail to
keep this place as at the time (we) had 11 dogs.
I won in the end but it cost me every penny I had in legal fees. So my
answer is I didn't abandon my pets.

Tweed

Not everyone is able to do that, though, Tweed.

Actually they can. If they are brave enough to fight.

I can utterly understand the poster being sad, but has done the right thing
in the circumstances *as described* by finding suitable alternative
arrangements for the cats. I'd hate to be in the position of the OP: I'd be
devastated, and there but for the grace of ... insert name of deity of
choice.

Oh, for goodness sake, he never cared about his cats before why should he
now?

Tweed

Old June 8th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
Felines ruling the homestead as is their right. Waffles brings me plenty
of mousies she has been attempting to gum to death :-) They've also
spent oodles of time nursing Nathan with use of feline ultrasound
(purrs) to the broken shoulderblade and bruised hip :-)

So glad to hear the cats are on the job. Nathan should get better in no
time with their help. Feline ultrasound for his A-levels.

Old June 8th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"223rem" wrote in message
[...]

We'll have to agree to disgaree on that one, Tweed. I take the view none of
us can know entirely the circumstances of another and make that judgement
for everyone else. Example: elderly person needs to be put into a
residential care home. There may well not be any residential care home
available where he or she can also take their pet with them. Should that
elderly person be castigated for not being able to take their pets with
them?

I can utterly understand the poster being sad, but has done the right
thing in the circumstances *as described* by finding suitable alternative
arrangements for the cats. I'd hate to be in the position of the OP: I'd
be devastated, and there but for the grace of ... insert name of deity of
choice.

Oh, for goodness sake, he never cared about his cats before why should he
now?

It still applies as a general thing - not everyone can be in the position to
be able to take their pets with them, irrepsective of whether the OP is an
utter twerp or not.

Tweed

Old June 8th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

Not everyone is able to do that, though, Tweed.

Actually they can. If they are brave enough to fight.

We'll have to agree to disgaree on that one, Tweed. I take the view
none of us can know entirely the circumstances of another and make
that judgement for everyone else.

Thank you, Helen! I totally agree with you. It's all too easy for many
of us to become self-righteous and judgemental about other people's
decisions, without understanding how it feels to live in their skin
and their circumstances.

"If I can do X, then anyone can," is an often-heard pronouncement.
Essentially, that comes from a belief that everyone else is exactly
like oneself, which is pretty egotistical, if you ask me.

Example: elderly person needs to be put into a
residential care home. There may well not be any residential care home
available where he or she can also take their pet with them. Should that
elderly person be castigated for not being able to take their pets with
them?

Good example.

I certainly hope I will always be able to keep my kitties with me!

Joyce
Old June 9th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"223rem" wrote in message
[...]

This is not such a case at all, and well you know it. It is unfair of you
to bring up this type of circumstance in comparison.

We may have to agree to disagree on this.
I will still like you if you don't agree with me on this ;-)

I don't mind a debate about my views. It is OK to argue. What I do not
like is when someone on the group questions my mental health because I do
not agree with not neutering a tom cat.

Tweed