(OT) Owch - hurts to move.

Old May 25th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default (OT) Owch - hurts to move.

Spent the day putting up fencing (wood privacy type, and not the
pre-assembled panels, but one-slat/picket at a time) in the back yard
(room for Annie, the D-pet to run, sine she's part whippet), and now
muscles I didn't even know I had are hurting.... and I have to do the
same tomorrow. Ugh.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Old May 25th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Granby wrote:
A hot soaking bath and a glass of nice wine could help.
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
Spent the day putting up fencing (wood privacy type, and not the
pre-assembled panels, but one-slat/picket at a time) in the back yard
(room for Annie, the D-pet to run, sine she's part whippet), and now
muscles I didn't even know I had are hurting.... and I have to do the same
tomorrow. Ugh.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Wine's not my thing (long island iced teas, on the other hand ), and
since it hurts to move, I am NOT going to attempt to clean all the cat
hair out of the tub so I can use it (we have a separate shower unit, and
I have already drained the hot water steaming myself in it).

Old May 25th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

The long island ice tea is good too but not around here, they just don't get
it that tea is the least of it.

Old May 25th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 24, 10:55 pm, "Granby" wrote:
The long island ice tea is good too but not around here, they just don't get
it that tea is the least of it.

There's supposed to be _tea_ in it?

--
Will in New Haven

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in ...

Old May 25th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

yes but sweet pea not as much as they put in it here. You would have to
taste it to understand. Sort of like a rum and coke with an eye dropper of
rum.

Old May 25th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 24, 9:19*pm, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Spent the day putting up fencing (wood privacy type, and not the
pre-assembled panels, but one-slat/picket at a time) in the back yard
(room for Annie, the D-pet to run, sine she's part whippet), and now
muscles I didn't even know I had are hurting.... and I have to do the
same tomorrow. *Ugh.
--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Well, you're getting good exercise. :-)
You'll be glad you spent the extra time/effort in the long run. IMO
you were
wise not to use the fence panels. We didn't have very good luck with
them.
They didn't last nearly as long as our neighbors single-plank fence.

Sherry
Old May 25th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

On May 25, 1:26 am, Sherry wrote:
[...]

That, and the fact that there isn't a level spot on our yard, so we
would get massive amounts of that 'stepped' look if we used pre-
assembled panels (including major gaps at the bottom that Annie would
have no problem squeezing out through), now the fence will have a
'contoured' look, and follow the slope of the land. And we're using
stainless steel deck screws to hold it together, not nails, so it will
withstand higher winds - and it's not really a privacy fence, as we
are spacing the pickets so that there's room for one whole picket
between them... just enough space for Annie to stick her nose through,
and the native bun-buns to hop through so we can watch them in the
yard.

One problem though, on the southwest corner of the property, the guy
we were paying to dig the post holes found some rather large slabs of
limestone. A total of 16 feet, all of it 3 - 4 inches thick, about
2-2.5 feet wide, and the longest about 5 feet long. All of it under 6
inches of dirt. It was like a sidewalk. Going from nowhere to
nowhere (our house was built in 1925, and behind us (when we bought
the place) was a hay field - now there is a housing addition, and we
know that sometime before our current abode was built, there was a
building that burned, as whenever we dig for a garden, we find
'charcoal' and other bits of burned debris). And they were right were
the fence was going to be. So they had to come out. Since they
weighed between 300 - 500 pounds each, this was not an easy task. The
riding lawnmower, our ol' two wheeled 'hand cart' (of the kind UPS
will use when delivering a stack of boxes), some tie-down straps and
some major prying, pulling and dragging, got them to another section
of our property, where they will be used as an actual sidewalk. Hard
part was that the riding mower kept losing it's grip on the ground, so
now we have lots of torn up places in the yard where the tires kept
spinning, even though all three of us were piled up on it to try to
get it some traction (that's about 600 pounds right there, me being
about 140, DH being about 160, and the helper being about 200+). Now
we have to fill in the holes where those slabs were so that it will be
even with the surrounding ground as even as the rest of the yard is
NOT, that will be easy ) One of the slabs had a pointed end
(looks like the corners were broken off) looked almost like a
tombstone that got knocked over... that one is now standing upright
over Smokey's burial plot, with a flower garden surrounding it.

Most expensive dog ever!

--
^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

--
The ONE and ONLY
lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy former-

Old May 25th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:

Wine's not my thing (long island iced teas, on the other hand ), and
since it hurts to move, I am NOT going to attempt to clean all the cat
hair out of the tub so I can use it

Why clean it out? (It will probably float on top, once you fill the tub
- you can just skim it off while you soak!)
Old May 25th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:

Wine's not my thing (long island iced teas, on the other hand ), and
since it hurts to move, I am NOT going to attempt to clean all the cat
hair out of the tub so I can use it

Why clean it out? (It will probably float on top, once you fill the tub
- you can just skim it off while you soak!)

The bad thing is that there's more than cat hair. Some tracked in kitty
litter, two twist ties and a drinking straw (i.e. cat toys - a couple of
cats have discovered that toys can't "escape" if played with in the
tub)... that's the least of it. Yes, the tub does get cleaned out, but
not when I'm aching from moving a couple tons of rock and drilling 300+
pickets to the rails.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Something in the way they move . . . Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 October 23rd 05 08:05 AM
I think I'm going to leave my cat Callie go...It hurts Rick Cat health & behaviour 15 October 17th 05 07:53 PM
don't even try to move a can Mike Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:11 AM
My teef hurts Me Cat community 3 August 23rd 05 02:34 PM
Love Hurts!! LMarks Cat anecdotes 6 November 7th 04 03:13 PM