Visitors

Old October 9th 03, 02:15 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Default Visitors

This morning I was having breakfast. I heard the catflap open & close and than
a "MMMOOOWWZ!". Waffles had brought me an additional course for breakfast.
Being the gracious lady she is, she wandered into the room with a vole clamped
in her jaws and she gently popped it on the floor by my foot. Whereupon it
promptly ran off and hid under a sofa :-/

As I do the housework I periodically see a vole running about the floor,
scurrying from one bit of furniture to another. Can I actually catch the little
blighter? No. Are my cats at all interested in catching it now it is in the
house and running around under their noses? No.

Sigh...

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old October 9th 03, 04:15 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

This morning I was having breakfast. I heard the catflap open & close and than
a "MMMOOOWWZ!". Waffles had brought me an additional course for breakfast.
Being the gracious lady she is, she wandered into the room with a vole clamped
in her jaws and she gently popped it on the floor by my foot. Whereupon it
promptly ran off and hid under a sofa :-/

As I do the housework I periodically see a vole running about the floor,
scurrying from one bit of furniture to another. Can I actually catch the little
blighter? No. Are my cats at all interested in catching it now it is in the
house and running around under their noses? No.

LOL! I had a fruit rat living in my portable dishwasher for three
months, once, because my guys brought it home, then lost interest.
Fortunately, when I moved house, the rat chose not to move with me, and
took off when the movers put the dishwasher on their dolly. It had been
gorging itself on cat food for three months, and you never saw such a
plump, sleek, well-fed rat in your life!
Old October 9th 03, 07:40 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

LOL! I had a fruit rat living in my portable dishwasher for three
months, once, because my guys brought it home, then lost interest.
Fortunately, when I moved house, the rat chose not to move with me, and
took off when the movers put the dishwasher on their dolly. It had been
gorging itself on cat food for three months, and you never saw such a
plump, sleek, well-fed rat in your life!

Got to love the way our felines make sure the rodents are plump & well-fed ;-)

When Nathan came home from school this evening he actually went into mighty
hunter mode and caught the vole - then set it free in the garden. Not before,
however, the local decorator arrived to give us a quote for decorating the
house. Whilst he was looking about the ground floor - on three occasions a
small rodent ran by his feet....

*embarassment*

.... big time...

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old October 10th 03, 01:37 AM
Annie Wxill

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in message
As I do the housework I periodically see a vole running about the floor,
scurrying from one bit of furniture to another. ..
Cheers, helen s

Well, you better put some elastic around the bottom of your pant legs, lest
you repeat an earlier hilarious episode.
Annie

Old October 10th 03, 05:23 AM
Marina

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote

Got to love the way our felines make sure the rodents are plump & well-fed

;-)

When Nathan came home from school this evening he actually went into

mighty
hunter mode and caught the vole - then set it free in the garden. Not

before,
however, the local decorator arrived to give us a quote for decorating the
house. Whilst he was looking about the ground floor - on three occasions a
small rodent ran by his feet....

*embarassment*

... big time...

Frank is snickering at the excellent trick his dear Waffles has played on
the unsuspecting hoomin.

--
Marina, in commiseration

Old October 10th 03, 08:46 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Frank is snickering at the excellent trick his dear Waffles has played on
the unsuspecting hoomin.

Hmmmm..... did he put her up to this? Really Marina - you should learn to
control your cats!

Cheers, helen s ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~
Old October 10th 03, 08:47 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Well, you better put some elastic around the bottom of your pant legs, lest
you repeat an earlier hilarious episode.

Don't remind me! ;-)

Cheers, helen s
(shuddering ...)

~~~~~~~~~~
Old October 10th 03, 02:23 PM
Marina

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote

Hmmmm..... did he put her up to this? Really Marina - you should learn to
control your cats!

Me???? Control *my* cats??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! ;o)

--
Marina

Old October 10th 03, 04:22 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Me???? Control *my* cats??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! ;o)

Huh - she wasn't as bad as this until she fell under the influence of a certain
black & white Finnish boy with gaiters on ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old October 10th 03, 07:01 PM
Marina

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote

Huh - she wasn't as bad as this until she fell under the influence of a

certain
black & white Finnish boy with gaiters on ;-)

First of all - Nikki's comment in defence of her best friend that she wrote
while I was preparing to answer:

%&&&&&&

And then... ah well, Nikki said it all. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki