cat cut

Old January 8th 05, 10:33 PM
Lmegna

Default cat cut

There is a stray cat that I have been feeding for approx 2 months now. This
morning I noticed a cut on his neck and it is oozing pus. Is there anything
I can put on this cut to alleviate the infection for now? I have an appt
with a vet next week to get a health check, shots, and I will have the cut
looked at.

Old January 9th 05, 09:51 AM
Cat Protector

If you have an aloe vera plant I would cut off part of the leaf (it's the
fleshy part of the plant) and apply it to the cut. Just don't let the cat
ingest the leaf as it is toxic that way to the feline.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old January 9th 05, 09:56 AM
Cat Protector

If you have an aloe vera plant I would cut off part of the leaf (it's the
fleshy part of the plant), slice it open and apply it to the wound. Just
don't let the cat ingest the leaf as it is toxic that way to the feline.
Also, why not bring the cat indoors where he/she is safe? Just remember to
put the cat in a seperate room if you have other cats with food, water, a
toy and a clean litterbox with fresh litter.

Old January 9th 05, 04:42 PM
blkcatgal

You could try something like Neosporin. When my cat sustained a cut on his
tail, my vet told me to use neosporin or some other antibiotic cream on the
cut. I didn't have any so I asked my vet to sell me the antibiotic cream
she had that was specifically for animals. Cost me about $20 from the vet!
Neosporin (or a generic) is much cheaper!

S.

Old January 20th 05, 01:58 AM
CaTails

Sounds like it could be an abcess. Do you think you could make the
appointment earlier to get it taken care of? Sometimes abcesses can
get really nasty and require alot of post care. He will probably need
the wound clipped and cleaned and if it's bad enough, they could have
to put a drain in it to be flushed out periodically.

Will the cat let you handle him enough to the point that he will at
least let you clean the wound until you can get to the vet?