Fluid pack - save or toss?

Old June 19th 05, 10:31 AM
Meghan Noecker

Default Fluid pack - save or toss?

I have a partial fluid pack left over from Maynard. 600mL left along
with some unused needles.

Will this stay good for awhile? Should I save it in case I need it
with another cat? Should I donate it to a shelter in case they need it
Or should I just toss it?

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 06:04 PM
Spot

I'd donate it to a shelter or ask your vet if any of his other patients may
be able to use it.

Celeste

Old June 19th 05, 06:13 PM
Ain't Your Mama

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
I have a partial fluid pack left over from Maynard. 600mL left along
with some unused needles.

Will this stay good for awhile? Should I save it in case I need it
with another cat? Should I donate it to a shelter in case they need it
Or should I just toss it?

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Toss it. After it's opened (even if refrigerated) it's only good for about
a month. I speak from experience.
---------
Ain't Your Mama

Old June 19th 05, 06:20 PM
Elle

I found a diabetes not-for-profit organization to accept some unused
(needled) syringes I had left over after the tragedy with my cat. The
organization also gave me the name of a medical supplies charity
organization that helped the homeless.

Look in your yellow pages under diabetes, or google for national diabetes
organizations.

"Meghan Noecker" wrote

Old June 20th 05, 05:16 AM

Meghan Noecker wrote:
I have a partial fluid pack left over from Maynard. 600mL left along
with some unused needles.

Will this stay good for awhile? Should I save it in case I need it
with another cat? Should I donate it to a shelter in case they need it
Or should I just toss it?

Just toss the bag of partially used fluids.

Otoh, you may be able to donate the needles. I donated plenty of
unused needles, along with leftover meds & unopened bags of fluids
after my CRF cat died. My vets' office has a donation program, to be
given to clients in finacial straits, whose pets needs the supplies.
But of course your local shelter might appreciate them, too.

Cathy

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

Old June 20th 05, 07:50 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:13:37 -0400, "Ain't Your Mama"
wrote:

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
I have a partial fluid pack left over from Maynard. 600mL left along
with some unused needles.

Will this stay good for awhile? Should I save it in case I need it
with another cat? Should I donate it to a shelter in case they need it
Or should I just toss it?

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I've had it about 3 weeks now. I
didn't want to use it or donate it if it will go bad.
--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

Cat Ejection Back Pack The Greebling Cats - misc 1 December 2nd 04 07:36 PM
Sleep Yowie Cat anecdotes 14 November 9th 04 12:53 AM
Phil, Helen, Someone....Please Help Mavalon Cat health & behaviour 43 October 17th 03 05:48 AM
Help Save Cats NEMESIS1IM Cat community 2 July 9th 03 10:15 PM
Help Save Cats L. Kelly Cat health & behaviour 5 July 9th 03 05:32 PM