Greeblings

Old March 20th 04, 04:48 AM
Yowie

Default Greeblings

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there was a prior reference to greeblings
than an old "National Lampoon" article? It concerned a young tomcat
who chased greeblings, but also swice (sweece?) and gazoon. I forget
which one did which, but one of them spun dust bunnies under furniture
and one of the others put wire hangers in closets. I forget which
impish little task the third one did.

No, but I owuld like to read the original National Lampoon article. Is it on
the web somwhere and do you happen to have the URL?

I did a quick search of "greeblings" in Google, although there were far to
many hits to make any sense of.

Yowie

Old March 20th 04, 08:18 PM
Exocat

FWIW the British comedian Peter Cook used it in the early 1960's in
the TV
show "Not Only............But Also" (IIRC, it's a long time ago) when
he was interviewed as the character "Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling", who
was not to be confused (he said) with the similarly named but
completely different "Sir Arthur Greeb-Streebling".

Anyone else remember way back when who can add to or correct my
failing memory?

Purrs to all

Exocat
Bandit
Pericles
Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

Old March 21st 04, 02:39 AM
David Stevenson

O J wrote

Does anyone know if there was a prior reference to greeblings
than an old "National Lampoon" article? It concerned a young tomcat
who chased greeblings, but also swice (sweece?) and gazoon. I forget
which one did which, but one of them spun dust bunnies under furniture
and one of the others put wire hangers in closets. I forget which
impish little task the third one did.

There's an article on my Storypage

Greeblings: What Do We Know

by Robert A Moeser, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

It has a bibliography, one of which [I believe] is real.

I have no idea how old this article is, or which is the real
reference.

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gblings.htm

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm