King of the cat platform

Old March 21st 04, 06:17 AM
LOL

"Brenda" wrote in message ...
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Senyah slipped in the tub this morning, and banged herself up pretty
badly. We went to the hospital, but she's okay

(snip)

sending some purrs for Senyah.
Brenda

(Piggybacking as didn't get original)

We are sending our best feel-better purrs; I'm glad Senyah wasn't badly hurt.

------
Krista
Old March 21st 04, 10:43 AM
polonca12000

Purrs for you too, Mark,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
snip I think I'm hobbling around more than she is - I did follow the
"lift
with your legs, not your back" rule, but Senyah had her arms around my
neck and shoulders so I could help her stand back up. As a result, my
neck and shoulders are very sore.

All this, after I have frequently told her "falling down is not
allowed" (big grin).

snip

Old March 21st 04, 08:40 PM
Bev

CATherine wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:47:01 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:

Senyah slipped in the tub this morning, and banged herself up pretty
badly. We went to the hospital, but she's okay.

Our apartment complex hasn't yet switched from heat to air
conditioning, despite the fact that temps are in the 80's here. This
is what sparked Senyah's fall - MS is heat-sensitive.

So, we finally see the doctor, tell him about this problem, and he
pronptly prescribes - an air conditioner. Yay! All tenants were told a
couple of months ago, to remove all window units. Now we have,
literally, just what the doctor ordered.

This also results in a cat-sized platform, extending from our window.

How long did it take for the neighborhood cats to discover this?
Minutes. First Dulcie jumps up on it, and comes inside when I open the
door. Then Squeaky Girl jumps up there, wanting to be fed.

Finally, Buster wants out. The first thing he does is jump up on the
air conditioner too.

You'd think with all the hot air pouring out of it that it wouldn't be
such a popular spot...

Purrs for Senyah. I am glad she wasn't seriously hurt. I have a lot of
MS clients and know what you mean about the heat. One client has a big
fan on her constantly and in the summer adds an airconditioner. Her DH
across the room sleeps under several covers winter and summer. :-)

Cats love a perch. And with the a/c they can look in the window to see
if you are coming.

CATherine

Purrs for Senyah. I hate falls and having had a few am very wary these
days. The worst part - lying on the floor after the fall thinking, OMG
what have I broken and testing all limbs one by one!

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.