GrandHopitus2LONG

Old March 18th 04, 01:18 PM
GraceCat

My daughter was born six years ago yesterday as well.

I *thought* seriously *thought* that they can't turn a baby loose for
48hours and a momma 24. This disturbs me greatly. Grr.
Congrats all around Hops

Grace

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Have been preoccupied, about a week, just skimming rpca. Have even

whipped
the Evil 3 into a frenzy of nerves here, even porker short furry

people that
they are, all of us anxiously awaiting word from Denver on imminent

arrival
of my first barekitten there.....early today - St. Paddy's (and *no

one* on
either side has Irish roots, hee hee) a 7#8oz girl made her appearance

on
this earth as my first grandkid. Her parents are wiped-out tired: get

this,
Yowie: the hospital throws Mom out the same day: they're HOME! I was
horrified, but as son points out, the hospital is only half a block
away.....but still. I told him, AFA the day of birth, there will

*always* be
a party going on somewhere on her birthday, even if all are wearing

green.
There are worse days to be born on.....such as Christmas or Halloween.
Actually, if I had to pick one of those, I'd go for Halloween.

Kowabunga!
Cigars for all! Cat treats all around! *We* are partying in south FL
tonight.

--
If there's no cats in heaven, I don't wanna go!

Old March 18th 04, 01:42 PM
Victor Martinez

Congratulations!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 18th 04, 05:13 PM
Hopitus2

BTW, Gracie, comfort purrs to all at your place at loss of your MIL. Hope DH
is a little better.
But, are you kidding, 24 hrs? She had her baby @ 1:15 a.m.
yesterday.....when I called and talked to son last night (8-ish their time)
she and baby were home! And the hospital has all these fancy rooms like the
one she had, where you labor, deliver, and recover, with DH welcome for all,
right in same room the whole time.
They live a few doors from the hospital so I'd call that "stroll-by" and not
"drive-by" delivery.

:
: I *thought* seriously *thought* that they can't turn a baby loose for
: 48hours and a momma 24. This disturbs me greatly. Grr.
: Congrats all around Hops
:
: Grace
:
:
: "Hopitus2" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --

Old March 18th 04, 05:46 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Hopitus2"
wrote:

[...]

Congrates

I thought a law/regulation that the mother must stay at least 24 hours after
the birth. If was found that the too quick stays were upping ER use due to
coplications missed in such a brief stay. And were/are more expensive that
staying longer after birth.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old March 18th 04, 06:39 PM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Have been preoccupied, about a week, just skimming rpca. Have even whipped
the Evil 3 into a frenzy of nerves here, even porker short furry people that
they are, all of us anxiously awaiting word from Denver on imminent arrival
of my first barekitten there.....early today - St. Paddy's (and *no one* on
either side has Irish roots, hee hee) a 7#8oz girl made her appearance on
this earth as my first grandkid.

Woo Hoo!! Congrats Grandmeow!!! You are so lucky. Glad that the
barekitten made it into our world with a minimum of muss, fuss, and
bother, and that you get to spoil her. Have you started your toy box yet?

Pam S. who has a toy box for her friends' kids

Old March 18th 04, 06:43 PM
Tanada

JP Hobbs wrote:

Congratulations Hopitus, I'm expecting my eighth but not till October
it's very exciting isn't it,[ ISN"T IT YOWIE?!!!! ] blessings on the
new angel baby. Huggs and Purrs to her Jean.P.

Okay, I want grandkids, but not from my kids, yet. Mandy is "too"
young, and Mike couldn't support his own cat, let alone a barekitten
right now. Anyone know of someone who needs an honorary grandmother?

Pam S. who WANTS grandkids

Old March 18th 04, 07:14 PM
Annie Wxill

Congratulations!

Have been preoccupied, about a week, just ...early today - St. Paddy's

Old March 18th 04, 07:24 PM
Jo Firey

"GraceCat" wrote in message
My daughter was born six years ago yesterday as well.

I *thought* seriously *thought* that they can't turn a baby loose for
48hours and a momma 24. This disturbs me greatly. Grr.
Congrats all around Hops

Grace

Drive through would have worked fine for my daughter when she had her three.
And after my sister-in-law had her second in record time after arriving at
the hospital, they told her if she had another to just stay home. Or she
would have it in the car on the way.

When Vicki's second son was born, they called us when she left for the
hospital. We stopped by her neighbors to pick up her older son, and by the
time we got to the hospital (less than 1 1/2 hours) she was sitting up in
bed scarffing down lunch. The baby was in the room with her and we all got
to pass him around etc.

It is just very unfortunate that they take an exception like this and treat
it as a norm they expect everyone to conform to.

Jo

Old March 18th 04, 10:02 PM
polonca12000

Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Have been preoccupied, about a week, just skimming rpca. Have even whipped
the Evil 3 into a frenzy of nerves here, even porker short furry people

that
they are, all of us anxiously awaiting word from Denver on imminent

arrival
of my first barekitten there.....early today - St. Paddy's (and *no one*

on
either side has Irish roots, hee hee) a 7#8oz girl made her appearance on
this earth as my first grandkid. snip