TV watching positions

Old March 21st 04, 01:10 AM
Hopitus2

The "girls" of the Evil 3 share Persia's disdain for tv viewing (ignore at
all times) but Rowdy not only sits riveted to Bronco games in season but
when the screaming starts from the hoomins, he leaps over and paws
frantically at the tv screen (or maybe what's moving on it).
We don't know whether he thinks he's "saving" us from whatever makes us yell
(in pain?) that comes out of the "moving box" (remember, he only has 1
working eye; God knows what he sees) or is just caught up in the hoomins'
excitement. When it gets loud, the girls retreat under a bed somewhere till
sanity returns. Rowdy also sits regally on a recliner and watches regular
programs with us.

"lrulan" wrote in message
:
: "jmcquown" wrote in message
: . ..
: Larry Osborne wrote:
: Have you ever looked at how your cats positon themselves for tv
: watching (at least if they actually do)?
: (snip)
: Larry Osborne
:
: When I first bought my surround-sound home theatre setup, the first movie
: Jazz and I watched was TWISTER. We sat on the sofa like we always do when
: watching tv. At the scene when that tanker was hurtling towards the actors
: in the truck and making that god-awful noise, Jazz jumped 3 feet in the
air
: and high-tailed it out of the room. He never did finish the movie as I
: recall.
:
: Then we watched our favorite tv show, Xena: Warrior Princess. Everytime
Xena
: threw her chakram and the sound travelled around the room, Jazz would jump
: down and run around to the back of the sofa to see if he could pick it up
: and return it to her. He never did figure out that the chakram ALWAYS flew
: back to Xena anyway, so he never had a chance of getting it. grin.
: Jazz & his mama
:
: --
:
: Irulan
: from the stars we came, to the stars we return
: from now until the end of time
:
:
:

Old March 21st 04, 05:01 AM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Larry Osborne wrote:
Have you ever looked at how your cats positon themselves for tv
watching (at least if they actually do)?

(snip)
Larry Osborne

Persia pays absolutely no attention to the television. She curls up next

me in the same position regardless of what I am watching. My lovebird,
Peaches, on the other hand wants to be a judge on 'American Idol'. She
chirps loudly when she likes the singing; remains silent or scolds if she
doesn't like it. Persia just purrs and puts her head on my knee

Hey, maybe they could replace that nasty Simon guy with Peaches? I'm sure
Peaches would be so much nicer to the contestants ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 21st 04, 09:59 AM

Hopitus2 wrote:

The "girls" of the Evil 3 share Persia's disdain for tv viewing (ignore at
all times) but Rowdy not only sits riveted to Bronco games in season but
when the screaming starts from the hoomins, he leaps over and paws
frantically at the tv screen (or maybe what's moving on it).

It's clear that Rowdy has some kind of Thing about the Broncos.

Joyce

Old March 21st 04, 10:38 PM

Hopitus2 wrote:

I've always said Rowdy starts up when they start zooming in on Shanahan's
scowling.

Well, and then there was that episode you just told us about, with him
chewing on the action figure, or whatever that was. (I wasn't sure what
it was he was chewing on, to be honest, but it sounded like a little
Bronco action figure to me. OK, OK, you can stop snickering now. )

Joyce