my cat REALLY likes me

Old October 4th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul

Default my cat REALLY likes me

Hi all,
My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.

now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!

any thoughts or advice??
thanks for reading.

Old October 4th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:26:51 GMT, Paul wrote:

Hi all,
My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.

now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!

any thoughts or advice??
thanks for reading.

It takes a little time for hormone levels to drop.
Old October 4th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Paul" wrote

he'd even put a barry white record on!

hahaha! I just had to say, thanks for the laugh ..

I really needed one this morning.

Old October 4th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Paul wrote:
Hi all,
My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.

now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!

any thoughts or advice??
thanks for reading.

sounds like your cat is trying to disembowel you, not make love to you.

Old October 4th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kitkat via CatKB.com

umm - do you know how long your cat was allowed to bond with his mother
before being separated from her?

if kittens are whisked away too soon they can develop weird relationships
with female owners.

my friend had to stop getting dressed around her cat. if he saw her naked he
pounced on her nipples and started sucking them. (I can only image how much
that hurt) . He also did the forbidden dance on her legs and arms. She was
worried he was neutered too early - so I don't know what to say. She said
the behavior never went away - even after he was pretty old.

I'm hoping this isn't the story for you, but I'd do some more reseach on this.

Old October 4th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

um, does it really sound to anyone like the OP's cat is doing anything
more than playing?? If not, then I guess all my cats have been
behaving inappropriately for their entire lives, including my
kitten--from the time he was 4 weeks old (with no significant male
hormones to cause sexual behavior...).

Old October 4th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:53:09 +0000, kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:

umm - do you know how long your cat was allowed to bond with his mother
before being separated from her?

I believe he was 7 or 8 weeks when I got him from the shelter.

if kittens are whisked away too soon they can develop weird relationships
with female owners.

i see, but it's strange that he's never tried this with my girlfriend who
usually sleeps next to me.
and it was only very recently that this behavior started, so i'm not sure.

i'm pretty sure he's not just playing though, as he had his "tinkie" on
display once or twice.

i do have a different relationship with him than my girlfriend does
though, as he's often more affectionate with me, and he sleeps next to me
99% of the time.

if it carries on, i'll seek advice from our vet.

thanks all.
Old October 4th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Paul wrote:

i'm pretty sure he's not just playing though, as he had his "tinkie" on
display once or twice.

Oh. That's more than playing! And it certainly explains the Barry
White.

Old October 4th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:08:40 -0700, Lynne wrote:
i'm pretty sure he's not just playing though, as he had his "tinkie" on
display once or twice.

Oh. That's more than playing! And it certainly explains the Barry
White.

Hehehe, i thought that'd help clear things up

paul