cat is a bully

Old June 10th 05, 12:57 AM
John Doe

"bigbadbarry" wrote:
RobR wrote:

We have four amazing indoor only cats, but over the past couple
of years, one of them has really become a bully to one of our
other cats. Here's our cat family: Brak - Male 18lb - 5y old
(the bully) Warren (Braks brother) - Male 13lb - 5y old Kaya -
Female - 7lb - 10mo Zena - Female - 10lb - 13y

Your acting like a hairlipped man trying to order
worchestershire sauce in a steak house.
roll up a walmart circular, or a dollar store circular...put it
in your back pocket.
The very next time you catch him on top of the other cat, and
the other cat is hollering mercy, but he won't stop...BUST THAT
ASS! (spin him around)
I SAID STOP!

The problem with your approach is that even though we understand
what you are saying, the cat might not. Or it might forget.

The cat does not understand like we do. It might not be able to
comprehend that beating up on the other cat is wrong, so your
discipline might cause worse problems.

If the cat were able, it might run away from you and that would
solve the problem except he would be gone.

Given a closed environment, the cat cannot run away, and the
possible/likely result is that you will cause equal or worse
problems before the aggressor stops beating up on his victim.

If he lays his ears back and wants to take you on...give em some
more...across that ass..don't bruise him, or maim him, but pop
him one. Dammit, I get mad people won't spank children or cats.
it's crazy. Now kids are suing for parents correcting them. This
is a JOKE! We gotta get back to basics...

(you heard what I said)

Now, for whatever reason is really behind his frustration,
please stand by, Im fixing to get flamed for this post...but if
you look in the flame posts at me, you might gather up possible
reasons for him doing this in the first place,

BUT I STILL WOULDN'T TOLERATE IT.

And you say he stuck his tongue out at your wife? And she's
fixing to kick him out of the house?

From: "bigbadbarry" bigbadbarry adelphia.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: cat is a bully
Date: 9 Jun 2005 15:04:07 -0700

Old June 10th 05, 01:54 AM
bigbadbarry

John Doe wrote:
no go

Answer me this, and I will never ever make the suggestion again.

Suppose Zena was 30 lbs,fierce, wise, and grave. Along comes Brak.

Brak tries his bully routine on Zena, Zena says, I'm not going to kill
you Brak, but son,
I have to give you something to remember this by, swipe, scream, swipe
swipe...Brak never saw it coming!
And really...it hurt too.

Now, is Brak going to Bully Zena again?

We should defend the weaker. What father does not discipline his child.
A child that is not disciplined is a *******.

I am opposed to spankings as a catchall, I think spankings can only be
given when there is no hypocrisy; otherwise your building a time bomb.

I think we should pick and choose our battles, and spankings should be
reserved for the most important things.

Spanking should not be used to replace the things that garner respect.

I declare you loose a undisciplined spankee from guilt when you tag
that buttox. It is a basic fundamental practice that is waning.

But my cat won't love me? I'm not talking about isolated horror stories
of abuses, closet prisons and stripes on the back, or burning with
irons...hell no. That's weird and punisable by federal law. I'm talking
about a firm hand. GOTCHA CAT! stick that tongue out again!

He won't forget. Incidently, I don't agree with counting to three..I
prefer the element of suprise. It makes your effort all the more
potent, for what cat among you does not secretly wait on his prey.
After you get them one time; from then on, all you got to do is put
that look on them. (if need be). We know that cats know what we want,
they run from us...they get behind the tv and do thier deeds. They know
when we are displeased.

If I can get away with saying this...some of you are going to feel
really good to finally get that cat ass! He's had it coming for a
looong time! I'm a bad cats worst nightmare.

If all else fails, send them to bigbadbarry's badasscat bootcamp. It
won't be a pretty sight when you come to pick them up, he might not
wanna leave!

Old June 10th 05, 02:34 AM
bigbadbarry

bigbadbarry wrote:
John Doe wrote:
no go

I just wanted to clear something up

You should not have to do this but once or twice. For my cat, it took
one time, per thing. One was electrical chord chewing, the other was
when he sliced my ear. After that, it was done. He knew. These two
times also kind of took care of a few smaller things, but I would have
never said anything to him, but let him think what he wants.

So what exactly deserves a swat? Who knows! I mean, you would know
better than anyone. I would say, defiance when you are preserving your
family or his life.

One lady got on here and told about water pistols all over the house.
she was gonnas train her cat to walk the line or something.

This is someone I would not trust with my cat. This type of individual
would do better to go buy a large glass cat and set it on the shelf and
dust it daily. Damn water pistols all over the house! You can't stop a
cat from doing cat things, if you don't like cat things, don't get a
cat.

I give my cat nothing but freedom. I don't insist that he does anything
he doesn't want to do. Except for playing in the rain, I won't let him
out in the rain.

I think what the cat responds to more than the swat, is the fact that
you are unhappy enough to do it! My Lord, they can't get enough
snuggling with us as it is! They hate that awkard moment afterwards,
that brief encounter of a sense of being seperated from the thing they
love the most.
This is why I threw in the water pistol scenario...You are going to get
less results with a spanking, if that cat doesn't have any regard for
you.
Yeah, small detail..uh. If that cat does not like you anyway...Just
move out.

Old June 10th 05, 03:10 AM
Phil P.

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
ups.com...

Your acting like a hairlipped man trying to order worchestershire sauce
in a steak house.

roll up a walmart circular, or a dollar store circular...put it in your
back pocket.

The very next time you catch him on top of the other cat, and the other
cat is hollering mercy, but he won't stop...BUST THAT ASS! (spin him
around)

I SAID STOP!

If he lays his ears back and wants to take you on...give em some
more...across that ass..don't bruise him, or maim him, but pop him one.
Dammit, I get mad people won't spank children or cats.

What the hell is wrong with you? Never- ever use physical punishment on a
cat! Never!

Because you don't have the intelligence to train a cat without striking her,
don't tell other people to hit their cats, you ****ing moron.

To Rob: Ignore this moron's advice. Barry is the result of generations of
Kentucky backwoods inbreeding.

Old June 10th 05, 03:28 AM
Orchid

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:52:49 GMT, "Jen M. via CatKB.com"
wrote:

Orchid--if I may step gently in and off-the topic here. Could I ask you a
few questions about my recently adopted three cats? My email is

` Sure. My email works.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid
Old June 10th 05, 03:33 AM
John Doe

"bigbadbarry" wrote:

A child that is not disciplined is a *******.

Whatever.

That a mature cat is like a human child is a bad analogy.

From: "bigbadbarry" bigbadbarry adelphia.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: 9 Jun 2005 17:54:13 -0700

Old June 10th 05, 03:36 AM
John Doe

Troll

From: "Phil P." phil maxshouse.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:10:54 -0400
http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html

Old June 10th 05, 03:38 AM
KellyH

"RobR" wrote in message
We have four amazing indoor only cats, but over the past couple of years,
one of them has really become a bully to one of our other cats. Here's
our cat family:

Brak - Male 18lb - 5y old (the bully)
Warren (Braks brother) - Male 13lb - 5y old
Kaya - Female - 7lb - 10mo
Zena - Female - 10lb - 13y

Brak is probably the best lap cat/people bather (except he can't sit still
in
your lap for more than 30 seconds at a time before he has to readjust),
but he will NOT leave Zena alone. He traps her into corners and
behind the big TV and bites at and wrestles her. She screams and
yowls, she won't fight, she rolls over on her back which makes it even
easier for Brak to assault her. As you can see, he's almost twice her
weight.

Wife has had enough and had told me one of them has to go. We love them
all, Brak and Warren were inseperable which is why we adopted them both
(though they don't seem to be now, Brak jumps on him sometimes too and
****es him off). Zena is wife's cat from before our marriage.

More living space might help the problem, but right now we simply
don't have more space to give them. They're confined to the downstairs
which gives them 3 rooms. Wife doesn't trust them upstairs (except Kaya)
as they jump into baby's crib (Kaya is small enough to squeeze under the
gate blocking off the upstairs).

The plant sprayer doesn't deter Brak at all. He hates it but even after a
year of squirting him, he won't change his behavior. When he had her
trapped behind the TV the other day, he ignored my wife yelling at him
because he knew she couldn't get to him physically. She had to find the
water bottle and spray him to get him to leave Zena alone.

I don't want to get rid of Brak or Zena, but I'm not sure what I can do
to change Brak's behavior. Wife is at home all day and says it happens
several times a day. Any help greatly appreciated.

My two cents:
Three rooms is not enough room. Does the entire upstairs really need to be
blocked off? I am expecting twins and plan on using a crib tent (available
at any baby store) over the crib and that's it. Possibly closing the
nursery room door if there are any issues, but they are used to having that
room blocked off anyway as it was my cat/kitten foster room. Zena probably
feels she has no space to call her own.

Use positive reinforcement when Brak is interacting with Zena nicely.
Praise, treats, pets, even when it's something as small as sitting next to
her.

DO NOT add fuel to the fire by yelling, getting in between the fight, using
a water pistol, etc. This will teach Brak that Zena is a negative thing and
also get him even more riled up. I have dealt with this situation with one
dominant cat and one wimpy cat. I also wish I could just tell wimpy cat to
stand up for herself, but she does the same thing, hisses if he walks by,
starts running if he even looks at her, etc. It has gotten much better than
it was though.

Try Feliway diffusers. They may help calm both cats.

--
-Kelly

Old June 10th 05, 03:47 AM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
Troll

How did you know? Nothing gets past your lightening quick perception! LOL!

Old June 10th 05, 03:53 AM
bigbadbarry

Phil P. wrote:

To Rob: Ignore this advice.

I'd be happy to debate this; but I will not participate in profanity
and vulgar comments with you.

If you want to debate this on an intellectual level, then I challenge
you to debate.

I disagree with you, and I am sure if you actually read my post, then
you would agree with me. But you have not read my post, I am sure of
this.

I think your just scared I will tear down your belief system, and this
admittedly is a scary thing.

Cat bully Teddy Cat health & behaviour 6 January 25th 04 09:36 PM
What To Do With My Cat? Luvskats00 Cat rescue 7 January 1st 04 06:40 PM
neighbour's cat is a bully annalee Cat health & behaviour 18 September 18th 03 05:58 PM