There's no i in team

Old July 4th 05, 04:50 AM
whitershadeofpale

Default There's no i in team

I don't expect anyone to read all the way to the bottom, but I put 3
excerpts on the top here.

Read these but all the while, look at how Monica is acting.

And you tell me! It's pure bitch! lOOK at all the I's

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...409e84726c6c7c

"without this newsgroup he would have remained another anonymous kitty
languishing in a shelter waiting for a home."

"I can assure every one of you that this had and has nothing to do with
control, ego, etc.,"

"I do want to emphasize that this was truly a team effort and in no way
do I want to leave the impression that I did or
could have done this on my own. Each of us is equally involved and will
continue to be so until we are satisfied that Conan is settled in a
great
home."

---------
PURE GRAND-STANDING, MONOLOGING! MAKES ME SICK
---------
cmtowle -- around Jun 28, 9:38 pm

To all,

I have been asked by our group to post the information below and I am
delighted to be able to provide a positive update. Please note that the

three of us are equally involved in Conan's adoption efforts and I just

happen to be the one to post.

Because of the time factor, we decided last night to get Conan out of
the
shelter and he is now in a caring and safe environment. We are working
very
hard on finding him a permanent home and hope to avoid any potential
stress
of an extensive transport. He is a beautiful, healthy boy who has
already
shown that he has a penchant for climbing into laps, cuddle, and knead
(in
that order) every chance he gets.

Thank you Mary for your offer to pay for his adoption. As three of us
are
now actively working on the situation as it stands, we felt as a group
that
accepting your money would not be appropriate under the circumstances
and it
has been returned to you.

We will update the group as things unfold, but we do not wish to engage
in
lengthy threads or e-mails about this. We want to focus on Conan's
well-being and best interests.

However, serious leads on a permanent home are very much welcomed and
will
be followed up.

Conan thanks all of you who were and remain interested in his rescue -
without this newsgroup he would have remained another anonymous kitty
languishing in a shelter waiting for a home.

Thank you,

M.

Hi all,

Thank you all of you for your kind words, enthusiastic responses, and
for
your offer of donations. For now, we are fine and would be really happy
if
all of the energy as well as finances that went into and would have
gone
into rescuing Conan would be directed in whatever way possible to local

shelters, rescue organizations, etc. The heart-break of these "rescue
missions" is always that there are so very many needing help (as
Cheryl,
barry, Helen, and others have pointed out in other threads), each and
every
single one as worthy as the other of being rescued and adopted. The sad

reality is that the lucky ones get our attention, most do not. However,

making a commitment of saving even one animal, when we can, does make a

difference.

Mary, thanks for the adopter possibility - he is going to contact us
and we
will go from there. As to those who are cynical about this rescue
effort, I
can only hope that it wasn't directed at us. I can assure every one of
you
that this had and has nothing to do with control, ego, etc., but with
rescuing from possible euthanasia and adopting out to a great home only
one
of a myriad of cats that happened to come into focus in this group. One
we
knew we could do something about. We are well aware that it is a
droplet in
the ocean while others continue to suffer, but to Conan it made a
difference
and for now that has to be enough.

Thank you again,

M.

Thanks from us to all who decided to donate to their shelters and for
the
continuing kind words of support. I do want to emphasize that this was
truly
a team effort and in no way do I want to leave the impression that I
did or
could have done this on my own. Each of us is equally involved and will

continue to be so until we are satisfied that Conan is settled in a
great
home. I am sorry that for some this saga seems to be continuing ad
nauseam
and we will do what we can to minimize the emphasis on this one kitty,
so
that others will get a better chance of being heard and helped. Any
potential adopter info can be sent via e-mail. This will reduce the
back and
forth here.

Thank you,

M.
------------------

Old July 4th 05, 05:01 AM
whitershadeofpale

So she was the designated comminique, but now she can't give 10 minutes
to this wonderful group?

This same group who she claims had everything to do with Conan getting
rescued!

I know you're reading this Monica! How s h i t t y of you!

Shame on you, you nasty little thang!

KitKat sprung the idea, Mary's enthusiasm spurred the group!

Then many people encouraged one another, and you was just the
messenger!

But you couldn't even do that right, you had to stick your big opinion
in it!

It's aaaalright Monica, Conan is God's little agent, and that cat is
going to teach you humility yet!

Hide and watch, you little bitter soul.

Old July 4th 05, 05:08 AM
Candace

whitershadeofpale wrote:
I don't expect anyone to read all the way to the bottom, but I put 3
excerpts on the top here.

Read these but all the while, look at how Monica is acting.

And you tell me! It's pure bitch! lOOK at all the I's

I don't think she sounds bitchy. That is her writing style, I've read
her for years; she is rational and logical and polite. I suppose some
people might read that as cold; I don't.

I don't think Monica is evil at all. She had her motivations and, if
Dan was involved, he also had his reasons. I do, however, think that
Mary set the wheels in motion initially and, especially if Dan picked
Conan up, that was arranged by Mary. It would be nice if Mary could
get an answer from Dan and I hope at some point she gets an answer from
Monica. Monica has always been very nice and helpful to many people.
I am certain she has Conan's best interests at heart but it would be
nice for everyone, especially Mary, to be able to feel that everything
is okay now with Conan.

Monica's group, no doubt, did not want Charlie to get Conan. If
Charlie were not in the mix at all, maybe there would have been no
"Group B." I don't really believe that Monica's group took Conan just
to "one-up" Mary; I think they were acting in what they thought was
Conan's best interests. And so was Mary and her "group."

Candace

Old July 4th 05, 05:12 AM
whitershadeofpale

Candace wrote:
I don't really believe that Monica's group took Conan just
to "one-up" Mary; I think they were acting in what they thought was
Conan's best interests. And so was Mary and her "group."

Candace

Your probably right, but I'm really just making reference to her
current behavoir.

She clearly thanks the group for making it happen see...

She lauds the groups work and effots, right

But now, she can't take 10 mins? to give an update?

On a Sunday? This is in-excusable.

What happened to the team?

Old July 4th 05, 05:18 AM
Candace

whitershadeofpale wrote:
Candace wrote:
I don't really believe that Monica's group took Conan just
to "one-up" Mary; I think they were acting in what they thought was
Conan's best interests. And so was Mary and her "group."

Candace

Your probably right, but I'm really just making reference to her
current behavoir.

She clearly thanks the group for making it happen see...

She lauds the groups work and effots, right

But now, she can't take 10 mins? to give an update?

On a Sunday? This is in-excusable.

She did inititally say that she didn't want a bunch of emails and
lengthy threads debating all this. I guess she meant it. My theory is
that Conan is not yet placed and, when he is, then she'll make a brief
post.

I doubt if she's reading all these threads; they're pretty hard to keep
up with.

Candace

Old July 4th 05, 05:25 AM
whitershadeofpale

Candace wrote:

I doubt if she's reading all these threads; they're pretty hard to keep
up with.

Candace

I'm just goin spray this last little bit of raid then Im laying down...

Oh hell yes she's reading these posts. The best theory I've seen so far
is that Conan has been caged for 6 days, and she's too ashamed to make
her presence known. What could she say?

If it is true, about Conan being in a kennel (caged) Then it is not
going to look good on her, having turned people down (3 so far).

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY.

Nite John Boy, Mary Ellen, Ma and Pa!

Old July 4th 05, 06:26 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
whitershadeofpale wrote:
Candace wrote:
I don't really believe that Monica's group took Conan just
to "one-up" Mary; I think they were acting in what they thought was
Conan's best interests. And so was Mary and her "group."

Candace

Your probably right, but I'm really just making reference to her
current behavoir.

She clearly thanks the group for making it happen see...

She lauds the groups work and effots, right

But now, she can't take 10 mins? to give an update?

On a Sunday? This is in-excusable.

She did inititally say that she didn't want a bunch of emails and
lengthy threads debating all this. I guess she meant it. My theory is
that Conan is not yet placed and, when he is, then she'll make a brief
post.

I doubt if she's reading all these threads; they're pretty hard to keep
up with.

And she does not want anyone to know that while she turns
down decent home after decent home he languishes in a ****ing
kennel and wonders if he will ever live outside a cage. There is
NO reason to keep it a secret if he is being fostered. There is
every reason to keep it a secret if he is still in a gd kennel SIX
days after being picked up. Think about it, people.

Old July 4th 05, 08:53 AM
Meghan Noecker

On 3 Jul 2005 21:18:29 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

I doubt if she's reading all these threads; they're pretty hard to keep
up with.

Somebody has forwarded posts to her. She may not read them all, but
she knows what is being discussed.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography