Urgent shoulder riding needs

Old March 23rd 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Urgent shoulder riding needs

When Amelia was a little kitten she figured out that riding on shoulders
was a lot of fun. Whenever Nancy or I got out of the shower we could count
on having to drape a towel over our shoulders and pick up a shoulder
kitten.

When we adopted Tabitha it didnt' take her long to discover the wonders of
shouldering. She and Amelia would take turns. When Harri came home, she
figured out that she liked shoulder riding too.

Now, when either of us steps out of the shower we can count on seeing one,
two, or three kitties waiting for a shoulder ride. We generally handle
this on a "first come, first served" basis - whoever was waiting first
gets to shoulder first. This generally works pretty well.

But every once in a while something unusual happens that requires that we
abandon the "first come, first served" idea. This morning was one of
those times. As soon as I opened the shower curtains, Amelia came
traipsing into the bathroom, followed closely by Harri. Amelia took her
usual position on the sink. Harri, though, hopped up on the edge of the
tub and proceeded to tell me a story of woe.
Meeeeow-squuueak-rowwww-purr-squeak-rowwwwr. I'm not sure what she was
saying, but she was very serious about it. Judging by the earnestness of
her voice and the grim look in her eyes I'm sure that she was telling me
something that had to do with the safety of the entire universe. Of course
I let Harri shoulder first, and as soon as she got onto my shoulders she
started purring up a storm. Whatever horrible tragedy was about to befall
the universe, letting Harri shoulder first seems to have resolved the
problem.

I often wish that I was able to understand kittlish....

Old March 23rd 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:10:52 -0500, W. Leong wrote:

How is Amelia doing? Did she get over her sneezing?
Rusty doen't like shoulder rides.

Yes, her sneezing has stopped. She seems to be just about back to normal,
thanks.

Old March 24th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote in
news
I'm sure that she was telling me
something that had to do with the safety of the entire universe. Of
course I let Harri shoulder first, and as soon as she got onto my
shoulders she started purring up a storm. Whatever horrible tragedy
was about to befall the universe, letting Harri shoulder first seems
to have resolved the problem.

On behalf of all humanity, I thank you for helping to avert Armageddon.

Chak

--
I would like at least one political party in this country to be willing
to say that sex is fun and an important part of being human.
Old March 24th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[...]

oh, if only we all knew how close we came to disaster this morning!! Lucky
you heeded Harri's warnings!!

Old March 24th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
[...]

What a good girl Harri was, to avert whatever disaster was awaiting us!
LOL! Caliban has suddenly decided shoulder rides are a Good Thing, too.
Meowmie does not think they are a Good Thing, not with a huge
lump-o'-cat like Caliban. Miranda is OK, I hardly notice her there,
except when she digs her claws into my shoulder.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 24th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a good girl Harri was, to avert whatever disaster was awaiting us!
LOL! Caliban has suddenly decided shoulder rides are a Good Thing, too.
Meowmie does not think they are a Good Thing, not with a huge
lump-o'-cat like Caliban. Miranda is OK, I hardly notice her there,
except when she digs her claws into my shoulder.

Nancy would be happy if Amelia decided she didn't like riding on Meowmie's
shoulders. With Nancy's arthritis, having a 15 pound cat sitting on her
shoulders can be uncomfortable.
Old March 24th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:

[...]

What a great story! Thanks, Dan!
BEst wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 25th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:40:22 -0800, Dan M wrote:

[...]

Awwwwwwww.

And me, too.

We only have one shoulder-rider, and that's Arthur. He adores it.
And luckily, he turned out to be a small cat -- otherwise, I'd have
even worse back problems! lol!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)

Bubbel Shoulder Yowie Cat anecdotes 13 January 3rd 05 04:57 AM
Urgent! Our plans fell through and Lizzy & Phee need a loving home for 4 months! Eytan Cat rescue 2 September 7th 04 10:26 PM
Ghost at my shoulder Norm Cat anecdotes 42 June 5th 04 05:45 PM
urgent feedback requested on potential cat furniture RW Cat health & behaviour 4 December 31st 03 06:26 AM
Urgent! Calling Schmoggleberry! dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 7 October 25th 03 01:35 AM