The Fabulous 4

Old August 20th 12, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jaqmes Dent

Default The Fabulous 4

The Fabulous 4 are getting older and changing their ways.
In the past, Felix would not eat and kept Opie and Rambo away until
his little brother Oscar had completed his food. Now it's every cat
for himself.
Opie, 9YO, has become my wife's cat. Sleeps cuddled up to her at
night. Rambo, also 9YO, is still the laid-back expert. Never gets
excited about anything. Sticks to me everywhere I go. In my lap
purring right now and has a large cushion that he loves to sleep on.
We call him Prince Rambo.
Felix, 5YO, is the jealous one. If my wife or I pet any of the others
he gets between the petter and the pettee. Needs lots of attention.
Oscar, brother of Felix, is the character of the group. Always into
something, won't eat food that is more that 30 minutes out of the can.
Wants food at 2:30 A.M., 7:00 A.M., Noon, and 4:00 P.M. and gets in
your face and purrs loudly until food is served. He was the runt of
the litter.
Old August 20th 12, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 04:44:56 -0500, Jaqmes Dent
wrote:

[...]

I don't think I know these critters. Have you mentioned them before? I
have four also and the dynamics are always interesting. My character
is Espy (10 YO) who is alpha, smart, and general troublemaker. But he
is very picky about food and doesn't eat much. Nipsy (also 10) is the
gentle giant, but is the one that wants to eat every three hours.

Espy is my jealous one. He doesn't really like being petted but stares
daggers at any cat that dares to get scritches or petted. He'll
sometimes come over to disrupt the petting session and demand the
attention until he remembers that he doesn't like being petted.

All cats are weird but he's my weirdest.
Old August 21st 12, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

dgk wrote:

Espy is my jealous one. He doesn't really like being petted but stares
daggers at any cat that dares to get scritches or petted. He'll
sometimes come over to disrupt the petting session and demand the
attention until he remembers that he doesn't like being petted.

That's pretty funny. Both of my cats love being petted, and they both
get jealous of each other. But neither disrupts the other's petting time.
My cats are pretty weird, too, but not in that way, I guess.

All cats are weird but he's my weirdest.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.