Cat Survives Cross Country Trip in Drawer

Old May 12th 04, 04:46 PM
kaeli

Default Cat Survives Cross Country Trip in Drawer

(this one's for you, Mary *LOL*)

Cat Survives Cross Country Trip in Drawer

Original URL:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...&ncid=757&e=10
&u=/ap/20040510/ap_on_fe_st/cat_move

Quote:
RENO, Nev. - Lilly didn't see any of her two-week cross country trip
from Tarrytown, N.Y., to Reno.

The 2-year-old Siamese cat disappeared in New York on April 20 after
movers showed up to pack the belongings of Henry Leonard and Vicki
Plechner.

"We were just sick. She was a little kitten when we got her," Leonard,
72, told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

They searched everywhere for their cat and put up reward signs around
the neighborhood before they left for Reno. They even checked some of
their boxes before they were moved.

"We tried everything," the retired chiropractor said.

Last Wednesday night, a worker took the last piece of furniture off the
truck. When he opened a drawer to get a grip, there was Lilly.

"We were dumbfounded, speechless," Leonard said. "You'll never find two
more happier people."

Leonard said Lilly didn't move much that first night.

"We got her a little water and some baby food," he said. "Then she came
around. Now she's fine, running around and purring.

"She's just a little Siamese. And we love her," he said.
~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't stare at someone
who does. Just don't lick the TV screen, it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old May 12th 04, 06:03 PM
Mary